Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RastaManGames

[Community Project] Doomed Urbex (State Of 1st Beta Compilation)

My map is nearing completion! I have a request: does anyone have a suggestion for aΒ "jazz"Β type midi? Something a bit energetic, but not too overbearing. If you know any midis like that - tell me! Preferably - I'd like something that isn't copyrighted (no covers of existing songs, something original, possibly royalty-free or Creative CommonsΒ friendly).

@Ar_e_enΒ Glad to hear that, mate! I am gonna ask fellow Doomers from few Discord severs if they can suggest something for you...

Β 

Update:Β The great musician Jimmy sentΒ me one of his works in Discord, so you can check out this midi (attached below). As far as I know, Jimmy is very nice & generous musician, so you use some of his MIDIs in your map. Just don't forget about credits!

Β 

Its_Friday.zip

Edited by RastaManGames

It's a bit too calm for my liking. Need something a bit more energetic!Β 
Does Jimmy tag his midis on his website? Like, does he add tags to his midis, tags like "jazz", "rock", "calm", "hectic", etc.? I might find a different midi from him if that's the case.

Just a small message to say that I'm working on my map. It's about halfway done for now.

Total kill count should be around 200 in the end. I hope it's not too much but the map is quite big in size.

@Ar_e_enΒ midkarΒ has plenty of good midis, most of which haven't even been used in maps before. can recommend most of benjamin lewis' stuff -Β snare angel, quickie andΒ nitalwon are solid.

Hello everyone. I'm sorry, but I want to withdraw my participation. I tried several times to start a map but I think I'm just not good at creating places in a realistic, urban setting and doing doomcute and so on - the creativity just won't flow.

I wish you all the best luck with this project though!

I checked Jimmy's midi collection and I think I might go for "How About I Slap Your Bass", also - the map is almost done, I'm just doing difficulty tweaks now (the map might end up with 180 - 190 enemies in the end).

πŸ”Έ Map Name: "Museum of Destruction".

πŸ”Έ Author: CursedJade999.

πŸ”Έ Music: "We Die Younger"- Curated by Vitaly Andreyev using MuseNet, based on "Alice in Chains" - "We Die Young"

πŸ”Έ Ports Tested: "DSDA-Doom".

πŸ”Έ Difficulty Settings: Implemented (Easy: M-131 S-3 I-13, Medium: M-153 S-3 I-13, Hard: M-148 S-3 I-14).

πŸ”ΉΒ Multiplayer Stuff: 1-4 Player Starts.

πŸ”ΉΒ Description: Out of the pan and into the fire, or the museum! This mortifying museum of monumental murderation has exhibits that will haunt the senses with evil subjects like archaeology, aquatics, technology, and military history. And of course a cyberdemon skele- oh, I think it's still alive.

πŸ”ΉΒ Notes: One or two enemies are glorified decoration. Might be veryΒ difficultΒ on UV. Is in MAP01 so you don't have to idclev to test it out.

Β 

Download Here

Edited by CursedJade999

@CursedJade999Β I tried your entry and I think that there is few things that can be improved...

Β 

First of all, don't get is as insult, but (personally, of course) I don't sure that this map can be beaten on UV with pistol start.

I've tried to do a few attempts, but it is way too hard & sloggish (as for me).

In the very start you have only pistol and there is five Chaingunners, one Ravenant and also damned Meat Ball (just behind the player).

Maybe player should just run around like a crazy madman, but I can't stand a gameplay of "Sunder" or similar map packs.

Additionally, arena itself feels kinda cramped for battle of that scale.

I am gonna be very grateful if someone can make a FDA or this entry.Β Maybe @Biodegradable? But I am done... Sorry. This is really too hard for me to beat it on UV.

Β 

Also, there is few things that looks kinda wrong:

1) These "railings" is seen thru the floor. You can avoid that via small trick with mini-sector and difference in floor heights.

Spoiler

SZkwfOU.png

2) Cyberdemon "cage" looks not good. Try to remake it in a different way.

Spoiler

ilulTOa.png

3) There is misalignment of textures in the end of the level.

Spoiler

nkTDHxc.png

4) Monster closets... Oh... There is two points about them:

a) You can use an "automap mode" in UDB to hide them (as long as various parts of the level that player "must not see").

b) It is better to have them far from the playable area, because player can hear them all along. It is kinda distracting and also "ruins" the "surprises".

Spoiler

vBPAT2k.png

Β 

19 minutes ago, CursedJade999 said:

Also, what version of DSDA Doom are you using, I didn't get the effect you showed with the cybie cageο»Ώ

I am currently on 0.21.3.

UPD:Β I've updated my copy of "DSDA-Doom" to 0.24.3 and this visual bug still exist for me...

Edited by RastaManGames

On 10/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, CursedJade999 said:

πŸ”Έ Map Name: "Museum of Destruction".

πŸ”Έ Author: CursedJade999.

πŸ”Έ Music: "We Die Younger"- Curated by Vitaly Andreyev using MuseNet, based on "Alice in Chains" - "We Die Young"

πŸ”Έ Ports Tested: "DSDA-Doom".

πŸ”Έ Difficulty Settings: Implemented (Easy: M-131 S-3 I-13, Medium: M-153 S-3 I-13, Hard: M-148 S-3 I-14).

πŸ”ΉΒ Multiplayer Stuff: 1-4 Player Starts.

πŸ”ΉΒ Description: Out of the pan and into the fire, or the museum! This mortifying museum of monumental murderation has exhibits that will haunt the senses with evil subjects like archaeology, aquatics, technology, and military history. And of course a cyberdemon skele- oh, I think it's still alive.

πŸ”ΉΒ Notes: One or two enemies are glorified decoration. Might be veryΒ difficultΒ on UV. Is in MAP01 so you don't have to idclev to test it out.

Β 

Download Here

yep, I try it also, and I would say I hate it

not to be mean but im a honest guy, here's some harsh ones

Spoiler
  1. first impression, absolutly no lighting, the whole map is full bright, even worse is amount of texture errors that make the map look like someone's My First MapTM.
  2. I think you miss the point, you made a urban map, sure, but the combat itself is Sunder and Sunlust stuff cramp into a small room with "symbol of Buddhism in a different angle", and not to mention the amount of Baron here make me thought I was playing some sort of aΒ long lost urban theme Hell Revealed map.
  3. just me, but I despise forΒ songs from metal bands, two channel of Distortion guitar riffing into both ear ain't a pleasant waves for me, never mind usingΒ it in a casual Urban theme map.
  4. the texture aligment is... ya know, the leader bloke mentioned it already
  5. the blocking linedef at the starting point kinda ruin the immersion.

grade: D

Β 

I'm not sure if I can do a city-themed map (actually any map theme) because I still working with a map too and probably will take a long break from mapping.

Maybe I'll do Boom mapping instead because GZBuilder only supports up to Boom (my pc sucks for UDB)

Edited by Rykz

39 minutes ago, CursedJade999 said:

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I guess I'll leave this cp.Β ο»Ώ

There is no need to evacuate from this community project.

I mean, there is plenty of time before the end, so you can fix some bugs and edit (or even remake) map itself.
It is okay and sometimes there is need in that kind of actions (fixing, editing or even remaking).

Edited by RastaManGames