Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RottKing

RK Heretex, a texture pack for Heretic

This is great! I'm commenting to bookmark this for download next time I'm at my computer. Hopefully this is a tease for your next Heretic episode. Thank you!

Just downloaded and hey, these are great! I especially like the darker, grittier, textures. These types of textures have been largely overlooked by the types of Heretic resources found on Realm667, and are a greatly appreciated contrast to Heretic's comic book primary color stock textures.

Thanks! Looking over them again, I probably went a bit overboard with the slight variations of brightness / color for some of them... I always think to myself "but what if they wanted THIS shade???", and then i throw my hands up and just toss it on the pile.

2 hours ago, RottKing said:

Thanks! Looking over them again, I probably went a bit overboard with the slight variations of brightness / color for some of them... I always think to myself "but what if they wanted THIS shade???", and then i throw my hands up and just toss it on the pile.

For what it's worth, these slight variations matter a lot more with Heretic's pure colormapping than they do in Doom, where everything just turns brown or gray after you get 100 pixels away from it. When I texture my maps, I'm constantly finding that I want a slightly different shade of something.

5 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

At long last, CHAINMOO!

In a couple different flavors too! Ya got yer full color, faded color, b&w, faded b&w.... all the hits. Those two devils ain't simpin for nothing

7 hours ago, TheHambourgeois said:

I've been fucked for free time so its nice to see other people making a bunch of heretic textures

Thanks! I saw your Heretic textures, they look good!

Edited by RottKing

A very welcome set of "meat and potato" Heretic style textures, with the right type of color variation for making setting long neglected in Heretic. One type of texture-category I feel is still missing from this set though; wood color variants, for both textures and flats. It would also be nice to have some wood textures without any seams for use with octagonal dungeon and castle pillars, and similarly, wood flats without seams for use with "heretic-cute" furniture (tables, desks, etc.) as well as ceiling crossbeams. Just a suggestion, since you seem to be on a texture creation roll! Again, thank you!

22 hours ago, Egregor said:

A very welcome set of "meat and potato" Heretic style textures, with the right type of color variation for making setting long neglected in Heretic. One type of texture-category I feel is still missing from this set though; wood color variants, for both textures and flats. It would also be nice to have some wood textures without any seams for use with octagonal dungeon and castle pillars, and similarly, wood flats without seams for use with "heretic-cute" furniture (tables, desks, etc.) as well as ceiling crossbeams. Just a suggestion, since you seem to be on a texture creation roll! Again, thank you!

I'll see what I can come up with for some wood stuff, thanks for the feedback!

I'm not exactly a huge Heretic fan, but these are rad as hell! Particularly fond of the tile texture edits. 

Hey, these look terrific. There are several here that look like they will work great for octagonal pillars and 'round tables'. Thanks for endulging me. Now I'll really have to make a point to do some Heretic mapping with them!

Can't believe I missed this thread, the textures look great. Definitely look forward to making use of these!

On 3/27/2023 at 2:40 PM, c0mbolynch said:

Can you make for doom 2, too?

Not any plans at the moment to convert it to Doom 2, sorry!

On 4/2/2023 at 4:47 AM, hereticfan said:

Great textures. Thanks.

Glad you like them!

Take a look and tried to do a vanilla map for it, first thing is: that's a lot of textures and all of them are awesome!

Second thing is that i found this weird texture bug on the floor while testing it in chocolate heretic 3.0.1:

Spoiler

Not sure if this happens in other limit removing ports as well...

EDIT: No, this bug happens only in choco. Crispy Heretic (5.12.0) and Eternity 4.0.2 worked perfectly.

Edited by Walter confetti

44 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Second thing is that i found this weird texture bug on the floor while testing it in chocolate heretic 3.0.1:

Is the bug that the entire screen turns black? Or did you just forget to capture the game?...

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Is the bug that the entire screen turns black? Or did you just forget to capture the game?...

Ah, crap! I thought it recorded all!

Anyway, the bug is the sector screws up hardly when stock flats are used...

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Ah, crap! I thought it recorded all!

Anyway, the bug is the sector screws up hardly when stock flats are used...

Huh, yeah i see what you mean having just tested it myself, no idea what could be causing that.