Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaser

Mappers you wish to see make a comeback

On 9/29/2023 at 4:05 AM, Xaser said:

(Fun side note: my answer to this question used to be "that mysterious fellow who made end1.wad" but then it happened, in the coolest possible way. :P )

I'm still holding out hope that you two team up with Lutz for a Doom 2 sequel to NEIS. Also dreaming one day of a remastered End1 and End2 that comes with a fourth episode, 'End3' if you will.

1 hour ago, Devalaous said:

I'm still holding out hope that you two team up with Lutz for a Doom 2 sequel to NEIS. Also dreaming one day of a remastered End1 and End2 that comes with a fourth episode, 'End3' if you will.

That sounds awesome, although for now I hope Lutz is still quietly working on his Ancient Aliens mapset.

Edited by Not Jabba

Jesper Krag Rasmussen aka Ixnatifual.

The original Titan was the wad that introduced me to ZDoom and I had never played a mapset quite like it up to that point. The original is showing its age a bit now, but the sequel is a tour de force of Hell levels with that extra GZ-flavoured spice. I'd love to see another episode of his "vanilla+" style of level design with the modern featureset.

Christopher Buteau should get off his laurels and lounging in all the money TNT made for him and make a megawad, purely him.  The dichotomy of the guy who made Habitat AND the first map of Icarus should be showed off for all the world to see, he at least owes us that.  

Jim Flynn should too, for he is a lord.  

And Drake should get back into mapping, it's clear at this point his music career ain't going that well

19 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Christopher Buteau should get off his laurels and lounging in all the money TNT made for him and make a megawad, purely him.  The dichotomy of the guy who made Habitat AND the first map of Icarus should be showed off for all the world to see, he at least owes us that.  

Look, I had a Discord channel with the name "Jim Flynn really rocks" What does that say? Time to get a seancee to help us out~

Anders Johnson, Erik Alm and Eternal for me.

I'd love to see Dannebubinga make a full comeback, after making a couple of maps last year.

Also, based on a hunch and some comments he has made since he started uploading playthroughs, I reckon Dario Casali is working on maps again right now.

(PS maybe we could have a greatest comebacks thread or list? I guess Insanegazebo would be top).

On 10/4/2023 at 5:49 PM, Maximum Matt said:

And Drake should get back into mapping, it's clear at this point his music career ain't going that well

Funnily enough, I like all the maps those three have made. No wonder im an outcast.

I really want to Trevor Primmett & khrous & Pavera & solo map from tarnsman in BTSX episode 3
Also I want to see Z86 the hell bound author 

Has anyone said Drake O' Brian yet? I'd love to see a redemption arc for him after his 3 memorable but flawed offerings in TNT Evilution.

UH... well, congrats to everyone who put Lainos as one of their answers, because I think we accidentally performed some kind of forbidden summoning ritual lmao.