Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fai1025

How much spiciness can you handle?

How much spiciness can you handle?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How much spiciness can you handle?

• a bits of chili pepper burn my a*se for weeks (Not At All)
    • tabasco is spicy (Just~ A Little bit)
    • can handle spicy chips/crisps (Little bit)
    • Korean spicy noodles are edible (Average)
    • always add considerable amount of chili in your meal (Some)
    • add extra hot sauce to Korean spicy noodles (Lot)
    • add extra hot sauce to Korean spicy noodles that's already two times spicy (A~ Lot)
    • average Sichuan level spiciness is piece of cake (Hurt Me Plenty)
    • I can eat Carolina Reaper for snacks (Ultra-Violence)

I don't eat noodles with hot sauce, but I do like extra spicy peppers. 

Never tried a ghost pepper or hotter.

But I sure as hell want to!

2 hours ago, Jayextee said:

How spicy?

John Romero's OnlyFans. That spicy.

It's just him painting his nails and talking about Doom for hours in a sultry voice.

2 hours ago, Shakariki Heisenberg said:

u know those budok super spicy chicken yakisoba whatever tf things i can handle that with like 2 glasses of ice cold water

you mean Buldak? and lol it's not yakisoba, mate, you can't just call every Asian fried noodles yakisoba or every Asian soup noodles ramen.

I can handle a lot in comparison to the average person in my country, and that's not saying much because in the country I live we basically eat ZERO spicy stuff, still I am above the average for some reason but, say, probably waaaay less than what they're used to in mexico, china, thailand, I guess?

And also because I'm from abroad I don't have access to anything the poll mentions so I'm not gonna vote

Approximately one of these plus a whole loaf of sourdough bread 😅🥵

yep-this-will-definitely-cure-that-late-

35 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Approximately one of these plus a whole loaf of sourdough bread 😅🥵

yep-this-will-definitely-cure-that-late-

unf. gimme

42 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Fonze I've wanted to try one of those for literally goddamn ever, should just order 'em online.

I'd def recommend taking some time to find the nearest asian mart to you. Even if it's a bit of a drive, still worth. There are so many interesting foods: meat, produce, spices, drinks, candies, and omg noodles that you'd never see in a standard grocery store. Shopping online can also be a good shout if you know what you're looking for, but as a means to try a bunch of stuff, being able to see it all laid out on shelves really helps to see things you'd miss if shopping online through categories.

On the noodles, if it's your thing: if you picture those tiny, red, hot pepper oil orbs you see in hot soups, the broth of this stuff was literally just a sea of them lol. I love spicy food but I found these to be bordering into the realm of too hot to be enjoyable, if not for the bread I happened to have. Would recommend making sure milk or bread is on-hand before you cook them up

i used to have pretty much never eaten anything spicy in my life and then i started leaving with other people, i remember once one of them cooked some chicken for everybody and i had some and it took me a super long time to eat it because it was super spicy lol (everbody except me ate spicy haha) now i'm okay i got used to it and can eat some spicy stuff, though every time i do my nose starts to overflow like the niagara falls!!

On 10/4/2023 at 11:37 AM, fai1025 said:

you mean Buldak? and lol it's not yakisoba, mate, you can't just call every Asian fried noodles yakisoba or every Asian soup noodles ramen.

dude im asian lol i forgotttt sryy

@OniriA I shiver in anticipation.

E: I just picked up a bag of these and they are super yummy, very pleasant heat.

1328775.webp

Edited by Lila Feuer

2021_2_9_3839_001.jpg?fit=500,537&ssl=1

Pleasantly surprised by this on-a-whim purchase, there's hotter ones called Volcanic Mongolian Beef and Molten Chili Chicken but they didn't have these where I got this. This is my treat as I'm recovering from a cold.

I love all kinds of Tabasco sauce, as well as Tapatio, Cholula, Sriracha---get them all on my tongue and I don't give a single fuck how it feels coming out the other end. Generally, when it comes to Hispanic foods I don't have a known limit for the amount of spice I can handle. As for Asian food, I generally like it spicy as well---the only thing in recent memory that comes to mind is that I've tried certain packages of flavored spicy noodles that were a bit excessive for me. (I'll probably go out and buy some packages of the noodles I see in this thread, just to give it another go.) It's clear to me that I do have a very high tolerance when it comes to spicy food, though I'm fairly certain other posters in this thread would beat me in a spice contest. That being said, I'm not entirely sure where my limit is, since I don't generally make it a point to push myself to eat more---I just stick with the levels of spice in things that I know I enjoy.

As an ending note, I recently discovered these. These are *truly* fucking delicious. It's the type of spice that builds quite gradually. Now, they are by no means the spiciest thing out there, so if you're a spice maniac like some of the posters in this thread, you should have no trouble at all with them---but once the spice truly kicks in, it's a damned pleasant compliment to the tangy lime flavor.

1379042864_910BkS6oE-L._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.jpg.564fa352e79f910810ac4860fc872d6f.jpg

Chicken Tortillas with some Thaï spices and Red and Green peppers are good, also this is easy to prepare. Yesterday I ate three.

I also like Chicken Tortillas with Curry spice, You can trust me this is good.

The-List-Of-Best-Thai-Spices.jpg

Edited by P_A_Z

9 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

This is my treat as I'm recovering from a cold.

Oh, that sucks. Get well soon!

Lot's of honey tea helped alot during my cold a few weeks ago.

The noodles look like they could be tasty aswell.

@OniriA

The worst of it is over now it's just that nauseating lingering stench of mucus and a cough, but thankfully my taste buds weren't muted this time. I actually recently learned that coffee is okay to consume with a cold or mild illness as it encourages the immune system to help you recover and in addition to reducing grogginess. Thank fuck for that because the worst part was dealing with a borderline migraine headache on day two.

And yeah those noodles don't fuck around, I thought I needed a cold beverage while eating them but I've yet to be bested by heat.