Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny Cruelty

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] (MUSICIANS NEEDED) Amalgoom, Combining Doom 1 and 2

5 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

This already exists.

You can do different takes on the same premise, nobody has a copyright on ideas. Everything's already been done multiple times, but it's still interesting to see what ideas people come up with anyway.

4 minutes ago, GermanPeter said:

Pressed "Submit" too early, my bad. I edited my comment so it shows all the rules.

I'll input em later, I'm outta home for a couple of hours and editing with mobile is a big pain lol

13 minutes ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

I'll input em later, I'm outta home for a couple of hours and editing with mobile is a big pain lol

Oh yeah and you'll need to add the links back of course, I didn't copy those. And maybe write if they should be able to be pistol-started, and which levels should have secret exits.

Edited by GermanPeter

Actually, I'm confused - can we use Doom 2 monsters, or only Doom 1 Monsters?
I tried to use the resource file you offered and that just brought up an error message that crashed GZDoom Builder.

51 minutes ago, GermanPeter said:

Actually, I'm confused - can we use Doom 2 monsters, or only Doom 1 Monsters?
I tried to use the resource file you offered and that just brought up an error message that crashed GZDoom Builder.

1. Yes you can use both types of monsters, 2. You manually import the textures into slade that's what I did, plus I use UDB so the d1 texture pack didn't make the builder crash

So here's something strange. For some reason, after adding the Doom 1 texture pack as a resource, ASHWALL2 doesn't display when I test the map. Removing the texture pack solves the issue. Does anyone know what could be causing this?            

EDIT: Solved it by adding the Doom 1 textures unto the WAD manually using Slade.

Edited by Rorix

1 hour ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

1. Yes you can use both types of monsters, 2. You manually import the textures into slade that's what I did, plus I use UDB so the d1 texture pack didn't make the builder crash

I mean I could also load the original Doom WAD into the Builder, but then I wouldn't have the Doom 2 monsters. Can we really only use Doom 1 textures, or are we allowed to mix them?

1 minute ago, GermanPeter said:

I mean I could also load the original Doom WAD into the Builder, but then I wouldn't have the Doom 2 monsters. Can we really only use Doom 1 textures, or are we allowed to mix them?

Allowed to mix both d1 and d2 textures obviously but yeah we might need to get a better doom 1 texture pack, know any?

14 minutes ago, Rorix said:

So here's something strange. For some reason, after adding the Doom 1 texture pack as a resource, ASHWALL2 doesn't display when I test the map. Removing the texture pack solves the issue. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Yeah we might need to get a better doom 1 texture pack

37 minutes ago, Mystic 256 said:

Time to get started then, drawing the first few sectors and stuff

Hide contents

image.png.68a8c4b377e9279a8965b17a9832ad5b.png

Good good, but make sure to make both maps really blend, like maybe inside the fireblu palace there is mining aquipment and make add some mountains and caves on part of the map

Joining now to take MAP21 and MAP27. (If I cannot afford to be greedy at this point I will only take MAP21)

Edited by mr-around

8 hours ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

This is different than fusion project, it's organized and not 13 years old

Sl

I downloaded a WAD called MDOOM.wad that has this exact premise. It does have a awesome final level though.

18 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

I downloaded a WAD called MDOOM.wad that has this exact premise. It does have a awesome final level though.

Proof? Send

I'll take E1M8/Map08 if it's available! Also, if you're okay with it, i'd also like E2M8/Map18!

43 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

bruh, you're off the perc, I looked it up, the wad is just like patchwork, all ti does is copypaste pre-existing fabs of doom 1 and 2 maps

Look at the example maps I made, it's very different

1 minute ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

just a reminder of the deadline and to keep on track of the project, deadline is decemeber 2nd

Gotcha, should be plenty of time for me to complete my entry along with all my other entries. :)

3 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

But... map 13 was mine

Shoot, looks like we both missed that. It’s all yours, bud! There’s not really another slot I’m interested in and honestly I shouldn’t bury myself in another project right now haha.