Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SimonePiervergili

What's your favorite video game?

Lots I like, really like even, but what I love and cannot live without? Is what I'll be listing.

Doom 1-2 (duh), Quake (got it right the first time), Blood (funnest boomer shooter that's not Doom or Quake), Unreal (it's my Half-Life), Diablo  (especially with fixes and mods), Carmageddon series (yes even TDR2000, Max Damage NEEDS the Overhaul mod by STShotgun however), Sonic the Hedgehog (2D games, very nostalgic), Fallout 3/New Vegas (ever play a game that feels like it was made just for you? that's what NV feels like to me, that said I still enjoy FO3, also I still need to play the first two and FO4).

I wanted a top ten but those are my Excellent Eight, coined that on the spot.

8 hours ago, BeachThunder said:

You'd assume DoomWorld would be the perfect place to find people whose favourite game is Doom...apparently not...

i think doom would be my second favorite to be honest

10 hours ago, BeachThunder said:

You'd assume DoomWorld would be the perfect place to find people whose favourite game is Doom...apparently not...

I’m having a hard time denying it as my favorite; it’s neck-and-neck with Quake 2, but it still wind out. I can play it entirely vanilla one year and then feel like sprucing it up with mods for the next.

The next game after that is another tie-breaker between Morrowind and Daggerfall: They’re both amazing but I have to give it to Morrowind.

The rest of my favorites are basically fantasy action-RPGs and first-person-shooters from the 1990’s up until the middle 2000’s (with some exceptions afterwards). There are some strategy standouts in there like Heroes of Might & Magic III.

Defender, Defender:Stargate (renamed to Defender II later ~ thanks Hollywood a*holes!), Robotron:2084,

Sinistar, Joust, Mr. Do!, Super Mario War, Mappy, Krusty's Funhouse and Tempest 2000.

Hollow Knight, Terraria and Disco Elysium are the first that come to mind currently, the list changes from time to time. Usually games that I have really fond memories of, struck out to me personally and that I haven't got sick of yet.

Years back, I would've mentioned Fallout New Vegas, but I've kinda drifted from the Fallout series. No significant reason why, just life I guess. Dishonored and Bioshock used to be really high too, but I haven't played them in years.

Honourable Mentions:

Spoiler

image.png.ec5e94526334039e41bd87b619dcfc76.png

7 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Doom 1-2, QuakeBloodUnrealDiablo, CarmageddonSonic the Hedgehog, Fallout

I wanted a top ten but those Excellent Eight, coined that on the spot.

I can't believe my stupid bitch ass forgot about Silent Hill 1-4. I'm tired. So lemme rename that to the...Nice Nine. Yeah uh, GOODNIGHT.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

I played that game almost six years ago now for the first time, and wish I discovered it sooner. Eventually I ended up beating the game with every clan except for Gangrel, and sometimes using many different mods. I just love it.