Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultimate Demon

DOOM 3 video shown @ E3

Lord FlatHead said:

Mirror 2 works for me. Getting 40 K/sec with Download Accelerator.

Same here :) That baby I saw on the Tiscali website looks amazing!

A BABY headed monster? O_o

On a different topic: NOW I believe that Doom 3 is being overhyped. TWO videos?
Jeez, maybe they're scared that HL2 will steal all the potential Doom 3 fans.

I got it!
Thank you, Fredrik!

The new trailer is unbelievable. Some great new visuals and great sounds too. I particularly liked the ticking sound when an imp crawls over the wall and the chainsaw startup noise.

And the quality of the movie is excellent too. I could see people standing inside the monorail-train when it drove towards the Mars base.

Lord FlatHead said:

Heh. Few things are more shocking/disgusting than dead babies. 71% !

True, but my reaction was more based on the fact that the game takes place on a Martian base.
Wtf are babies doing on a scientific Martian research base under close surveillance by heavily armed soldiers?!?

Yeah, it might be a little overhyped now. Other than that, the trailer is awesome. But it looks like there's going to be a lot of scripted stuff, and I like to be in control of things. And I didn't like the way that zombie fell backwards just before the chainsawzombie showdown. Looks like there is still a lack of physics.

I like the babything though. That looks hellish and disgusting in a good way. I also love the way those people/zombies are being tossed around by a 'poltergeist'.

dsm said:

True, but my reaction was more based on the fact that the game takes place on a Martian base.
Wtf are babies doing on a Martian base under close surveillance by heavily armed soldiers?!?

People there need to reproduce, don't they? :P

Anyway, they could be the result of some breeding program.

Or simply babies from hell.

Fredrik said:

People there need to reproduce, don't they? :P

Yeah, but do people breed while at work? They can fuck each other when they're on leave, but doin' it while stationed on a research base in the middle of nowhere seems a little...weird.

Probably test tube babies or some weird shit like that.

Disorder said:

But it looks like there's going to be a lot of scripted stuff, and I like to be in control of things.

These trailers are compilations of some of the most cool-looking things in the game. Of course that includes scripted scenes - but that doesn't mean the game will be full of them. It wouldn't be all that fun watching a trailer that just shows a player running around and shooting monsters, would it ?

i dont know if its just me, but i feel kind of guilty for looking at these videos. i mean, to me, i feel likei ts spoiling what to expect, monster wise and weapon wise. i mean, youll know what the monsters can do when you see em, and you know what they look like ruiningh the surprise level of the game. but i CANT STOP looking at the videos, by god!!!

Lord FlatHead said:

It wouldn't be all that fun watching a trailer that just shows a player running around and shooting monsters, would it ?

True that. What about the physics in that cutscene with the chainsawdude? I don't really like the way that zombie falls, or am I nitpicking?

Really, other than that I love the trailer. And I LOVE the baby!

Disorder said:

True that. What about the physics in that cutscene with the chainsawdude? I don't really like the way that zombie falls, or am I nitpicking?

In what way doesn't he fall correctly?

Shaviro said:

In what way doesn't he fall correctly?

it's like gravity all of a sudden yanks him down. He's stuck to the floor just like that, bang! Doesn't feel right to me.

Disorder said:

Really, other than that I love the trailer. And I LOVE the baby!

Your nitpicking. The baby is rely cool. I cant what to shoot it with my shotgun.

Got it. It's about 80 percent footage we already saw in the trailer yesterday, and the leaked alpha. However, the new 20 percent is pretty kickass. The chainsaw scene is badass, as is the music at the beginning of the trailer. id has finally realised the meaning of the word "cool".

The rocket launcher does look pretty lame though (I thought the Doom III engine had the potential for realistic smoke trails).

Disorder said:

it's like gravity all of a sudden yanks him down. He's stuck to the floor just like that, bang! Doesn't feel right to me.

I see what you talking about. But reamber ya fall like that in reallif when your shot. There no wobling on you feet. Ya just slam into the ground.

Lord FlatHead said:

These trailers are compilations of some of the most cool-looking things in the game. Of course that includes scripted scenes - but that doesn't mean the game will be full of them. It wouldn't be all that fun watching a trailer that just shows a player running around and shooting monsters, would it ?

in d3? it most def would :)

I just noticed there will probably be no gibbing in Doom 3. The rocket's don't blow the zombies apart, instead they just fly away.

Disorder said:

I just noticed there will probably be no gibbing in Doom 3. The rocket's don't blow the zombies apart, instead they just fly away.

yep....i've gone this RL and 3 zombies scene through frame by frame...no gibbing so far...might be in later.

very very cool stuff. the swirling zombie scene is real nice. invisivble monsters or just antigravity...argh!

the RL looks like a combined doom/quake2 RL...like the one from my doomguy plastic model...boooooom.

Yet it is too bad the movie doesn't really capture the atmosphere of the leaked alpha, and presumably that of the full version too. In the leaked alpha there was no pumping actionmusic to get the adrenaline going, instead you were being scared by ambient sounds and growls. I'd like to see that type of atmosphere in a trailer, although I understand that this trailer will probably appeal to a lot more people this way.

Rotting Corpse said:

I see what you talking about. But reamber ya fall like that in reallif when your shot. There no wobling on you feet. Ya just slam into the ground.

Well, I looked again at the 'rocket slamming into group of zombies' part, and it seemed like some parts were speeded up to match the music of the trailer. I have my faith restored :)

the link above ist getting real slow...even with download accel...
anyone knows another link?