Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Finally, some new info (SPOILERS)

Heh, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned that it'll work properly as a shotgun, effectively I should say, rather than how it looks.

Melfice said:

Heh, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned that it'll work properly as a shotgun, effectively I should say, rather than how it looks.

Well since the barrel is kind of shaped like a fucking trumpet now shes not gunna keep the shot grouped to well lol.

Tyockell said:

Well since the barrel is kind of shaped like a fucking trumpet now shes not gunna keep the shot grouped to well lol.

What do you think it is? A musket??

To get back on track, the idea of hallucinations is spectacular, and I hope they implement it well. I can imagine walking down a catwalk, only to see out of the corner of your eye a massive(yes, if there is a god it will be massive) cacodemon rising up over the walkway, shrouded in darkness. It opens its mouth to reveal a swirling ball of energy pointed right at you, so you duck and cover-- only nothing happens. You look around and are alone once again.

Or maybe you're standing inside a teleporter base and you think your hear faint screams of agony emanating from a certain teleport lab... in a flash of light, the walls turn into a writhing mass of ravaged corpses. Before you can make anything of it, everything returns to normal.

But is this really how it's planned to be? One of the posters read the original article and implied that there would be a monster with the ability to make you hallucinate. Meh, I don't know...

P.S. How the hell does Germany get this news first??

Numbermind said:

What do you think it is? A musket??

No I dont think its a musket you fucking nob I was making a joke so piss off.

Melfice said:

If it works like the old one (pretty powerful, sends low-level victim reeling back), I'm not gonna complain (on the gun's "behavior" that is) - and signs point in the direction that it will work like this (it was described as doing just that in a Doom 3 preview/Id interview a while back). I've seen the firing and reloading animation, which I'm fine with.

All there seems to be left to make it the perfect Doom shotgun, is to ensure that it looks cool - a damn trumpet gun is not gonna cut it for me.

But hey, when they released the profile image of the chainsaw, pistol, shotgun and the plasma rifle, it was mentioned that those were "the most complete" weapons - that doesn't necessarily mean that it is complete. Maybe they hadn't added the final touches to that version before the X-Box shot was taken.
Hell, I do everything to get rid of the feeling that a kickass element from the original just got ruined.

Edit: Looked at the profile image that Disorder provided. I definitely like the way the new shotgun looks on the outside - my beef lies with the FP view. The barrel kinda looks too short and the actual muzzle isn't visible, so that that bulky "bump" ends up looking like the muzzle. If perhaps they pushed the aft part of the gun a bit more back and made the barrel more visible so it didn't seem so damn short (compare X-Box screenie with "profile" pic to understand what I mean), it might end up looking cool - because seriously, the side view of the shotgun looks absolutely sweet. Very detailed, very futuristic, yet low tech and kinda streamlined (as it should!).
Maybe if they fixed the ingame FP view...

About those hallucinations, didn't it say somewhere that you ended up fighting hallucinations? And while on the possibilities of hallucinations, I'm sure Hell will have its fair share of hallucinations and I'm sure it'll rock.

My only GRIPEs about the new shotgun is that I feel that it should fire either 9 or 10 shots before reloads, and I would've prefered if id would've kept the older/classic buttstock and chop off part of the stock and tied a strap around the buttend so he can fasten the strap around his shoulder and turn it into what they called in the olden days a "WHIP-IT" ShotGun. For those of you don't understand what I'm talking about, just look at the 1st "Terminator" for a perfect example. Kyle Reese(M. Biehn) used this method with the stolen 8 shot Ithaca police SG. Or look at the historychannel's "Tales of the Gun" series named "GANGSTER GUNS". It'll tell you that "Clyde" of the infamous robber duo Bonnie & Clyde used this method with his "Browning AUTO-5" ShotGun and is the sole pioneer of this "WHIP-IT" gun style.

I also surprised that nobody notice or complained about the "VISUAL ANIME" of the new SG. Lookig at video made me wonder Why is the pump-action anime so damn SLOW! It makes it action BORING to watch!! The classic doom SG pumpaction frames rates were short, which made the action much faster and to me more fun to watch as well as use. The pumpaction anime for the SG in Turok 1 and Shogo was decent. id really needs to jackup the anime speed rate of the SG.

One more thingy, Shouldn't the shotgun in D3 should fire 2 types of ammo instead of just one? The types of shell loads should be defined by color, "RED" shells for classic buckshot, "BLUE" shells for RIFLED SLUGS.

Opionions anyone?

tsareppsun said:

I also surprised that nobody notice or complained about the "VISUAL ANIME" of the new SG. Lookig at video made me wonder Why is the pump-action anime so damn SLOW! It makes it action BORING to watch!! The classic doom SG pumpaction frames rates were short, which made the action much faster and to me more fun to watch as well as use. The pumpaction anime for the SG in Turok 1 and Shogo was decent. id really needs to jackup the anime speed rate of the SG.

Haven't watched the trailer, but I saw the bootleg video - the animation speed seemed decent enough. It apparently had the same rate of fire as the original Doom shotgun, which it should, so I'm not complaining there. Unless it's slower in the trailer.

One more thingy, Shouldn't the shotgun in D3 should fire 2 types of ammo instead of just one? The types of shell loads should be defined by color, "RED" shells for classic buckshot, "BLUE" shells for RIFLED SLUGS.

Opionions anyone?

/deep breath
NO!!!
Keep it simple - I don't need all those idiotic ammo types to make things more confusing or difficult to keep stock of.

dsm said:

/deep breath
NO!!!
Keep it simple - I don't need all those idiotic ammo types to make things more confusing or difficult to keep stock of.

Two words: unified ammo.

DSM is right, all the weaps are staying true to the doom way, no alternative ammo/fire, thats unreal talking. ;D

999cop said:

what about weapon reloading?

Reloading is more widespread than alternate fire and is becoming more of a staple these days.
It also won't make the weapon feel less like the originals, while adding an element of strategy and making it slightly more challenging.

I don't necessarily care for the idea of the new shotgun looking like the old one, but I would like it to look halfway decent as a weapon in it's own right.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I don't necessarily care for the idea of the new shotgun looking like the old one, but I would like it to look halfway decent as a weapon in it's own right.

Yeah well, my "dilemma" here is that it looks above decent in profile, but way below decent in first person view. But hey, maybe it looks awesome when animated - you never know.

Weapon reloading will definately be in, because you can see in the trailer that the doomguy reloads his chaingun after his clip gets empty.

Have any of you guys played perfect dark on n64? The shotgun in that game is nice! It looks cool, but the best thing is the alternate fire; it shoots two rounds when you fire, one right after the other. Very satisfying to blow enemies away with:D

DaJuice said:

the best thing is the alternate fire; it shoots two rounds when you fire, one right after the other.

Burst mode, so to say? That´s the best way to add an alternate fire for a double-barrel shotgun anyways.

weird....i just noticed the new remodeled shotgun. it looks like theres some kind of round plug in front of the gun....

i like the one in the alpha better.