Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Advent Doom Calendar for December 2005

Great first map of the month guys! Very, very cool way to pass the time until Christmas indeed.

Looking forward to the 2nd.

Yes, a very nice little map. Plenty of action and some nice shortcut possibilities (which I'm sure are deliberate). Anyone for Tyson?

BTW, I'm somewhat mystified by all the blue-key doors (and no blue key, but no need for one either).

I just tried Map01. Damned hard. Very damned hard. Destroyed me about 6 times before I gave up. I'll try again later.

I got to the 4 Mancubi ambush once. I was like "WTF" before I was roasted alive.

It took awhile, but I finally finsihed the first two maps.

All I'm saying about Map02 is Berserkering a Hell Knight is damned fun!

Sorry, I was sleeping (almost)yesterday. I have kinda got behinde on the map s uploading, I am gonna upload some maps tonight or tomorrow.
But I still some text files from people (as well maps, heh).
This project / site was kinda an idea I was thinking about for 1year ago, but I never got to it.

If you need another map I have my old woodmet.wad (one of my first good finished levels) that you can use. My 16'th birthday is 1/7/2006

cycloid said:

ooh, i'm dec 1st, nice. and, doh, forgot all about StC, i made a nukage map and didnt put any barrels in. oh fu!

uhhh....... I didn't know about that when I started this warehouse in my episode project i am doing.... If you don't go towards the yellow keycard area(where you need it) you won't see a crate or barrel for a while(10-15 minutes?)I only used barrels in one room so you would have to destroy them thus alerting the monsters to teleport in and ambush you, if they teleport right. They may not teleport efficently though.

doom2day said:

If you need another map I have my old woodmet.wad (one of my first good finished levels) that you can use. My 16'th birthday is 1/7/2006

Okay, send me it.

Will do after I make an updated version(woodmet2.wad). I'll send both.
Edit 1:
Sending.... Woodmet2 is harder and has coop features.
Edit2:

iori said:

(this one's for you, DoomBob).

Who is DoomBob?
Number four on the site doesn't seem to work.
Edit3:
(http:\\torn-net.dk\dac\dac4.zip) doesn't work. but (http:\\torn-net.dk\dac\dac2.zip) does (So it isn't a typo)
Is it not ready?

graz: the blue key doors are for deathmatch, though i hevent tested it! and there's one little trick just for you :-)

edit: i've uploaded mine to incoming as cyc-c.zip (instead of dac1.zip) so that the zip corresponds to my wad naming convention.

cycloid said:

graz: the blue key doors are for deathmatch, though i hevent tested it! and there's one little trick just for you :-)

edit: i've uploaded mine to incoming as cyc-c.zip (instead of dac1.zip) so that the zip corresponds to my wad naming convention.

Well, dac# is just for the php scrip thats the calendar. Every day at 0:00gmt it moves a new map to the dac folder so people can download. However I had problems with my damn host yesterday.

cycloid said:

i've uploaded mine to incoming as cyc-c.zip (instead of dac1.zip) so that the zip corresponds to my wad naming convention.

I was sort of assuming all the DAC entries would be uploaded as a wad-pack when this was over. Is that not correct?

If it's not going to be done like that, I can make a themes/advent folder for them and post them there myself each day, which would be easier. But I'd hate to see some of them not uploaded at all because someone didn't think about it, and confusion about which ones went where.

Then in addition to that, we probably need to figure out if the Tn/C reviewers should do them a few per week or just do a review of the whole DAC once it's done (which I think would be better historically speaking). The latter option would mean that I wouldn't move them into newstuff/ until then, and could timestamp each one as of midnight of the day its "little door was opened."

well, if someone was together enough to make sure the maps were uploaded and also maintained an advent05 readme that listed the wads in order that might overcome any confusion. then a compendium would only need to be a zip of them all.

as for tn/c i'd assumed they'd be reviewed on a week by week basis with the rest of everything, perhaps in a DAC section of the chronicles (so tn/c this weekend would be 1 through 6/7) etc. but yeah, i get what you mean about keeping them together in one review

Well, ty. If you really are gonna make a folder, it will be great. I think that would be the best idea for this map pack.
Cycloid, if you can wait with uploading your map, I will upload all the maps in the map pack after christmas eve.

okey cokey, already uploaded it but i expect ty can hold on to it or suchlike. me goes to get map06

People listed here, am I gonna get the maps from you? Please make a reply or an email to me about it, because I'd like to know.

+ AgentSpork
Aleaver
DooMBoy
Erik
Frades
Job
Joe
- Kaiser
+ Lutrov71
+ Sargebaldy
SlatheDoomer
Stoned
TheHighestTree
Xenphire

- people that have dropped out.
+ people I have got maps from.

My map is done. I'll send you a PM telling you where you can find it. I hope didn't screw anything up by taking this long to get my map done.

Sorry for double post,

the link to the map08 on DAC #8 takes you to map07

Just to let you know,

- sausage -

Torn said:

People listed here, am I gonna get the maps from you? Please make a reply or an email to me about it, because I'd like to know.

Shtbag667

I thought I posted a long time ago saying that I wasn't going to map. If I didn't then I apologize, but I'm still not mapping (I'm working on something already).

Shtbag667 said:

I thought I posted a long time ago saying that I wasn't going to map. If I didn't then I apologize, but I'm still not mapping (I'm working on something already).

sorry, that was on my side. I will remove you from the list. :)

I'm working on a wad file and the first level is a take off from the slipgate complex in Quake LOL
Though I am still working on the file.