Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

3 hours ago, PugUgly said:

E1M1 UV-Speed 0:10

My first demo for Doom, had a goal i'd post my first time when I hit :11 on here. No sr50 yet still getting a hang of it! Ty all 

,Pug (edited got a :10 a few minutes after I posted the :11 added updated zip)

e1m1uv10-puguly.zip

good luck, btw, sr50 is 100% not required for a 9 on UV-speed

55 minutes ago, depr4vity said:

good luck, btw, sr50 is 100% not required for a 9 on UV-speed

True thing, I can tell you that myself. I recommend you try SR40 to get a 9, unless you have mildly decent control over SR50

12 hours ago, Alaux said:

True thing, I can tell you that myself. I recommend you try SR40 to get a 9, unless you have mildly decent control over SR50

That’s good to know! Thanks for the replys. It did seem very hard to try to implement any SR50 due to the amount of times you have change angles due to enemies. Lastly I still look like a drunk baby when I try sr50 so good to know I don’t need it for 9!

2 hours ago, PugUgly said:

E1M1 NoMo - 0:09.32

e1m1uvnomo932-puguly.zip

started to practice in NoMo to refine lines got a 9.32, though it was a good run had to share.

Nice. Did you use SR50?

4 hours ago, PugUgly said:

E1M1 NoMo - 0:09.32

e1m1uvnomo932-puguly.zip

started to practice in NoMo to refine lines got a 9.32, though it was a good run had to share.

CrispyDoom shows the time as: 9.32 BUT it is 9 seconds 32 frames, meaning 9.91 seconds is the exact time.

1 hour ago, Alaux said:

Nice. Did you use SR50?

He did not. So it's pretty good run.

1 hour ago, Looper said:

CrispyDoom shows the time as: 9.32 BUT it is 9 seconds 32 frames, meaning 9.91 seconds is the exact time.

He did not. So it's pretty good run.

Oh, hi Looper.

If he kept grinding he could eventually lower that time without SR50. Still, it's a 9, it's something already.

Why tf am I acting as if I had any experience? I arrived like 2 months ago

4 hours ago, Alaux said:

Oh, hi Looper.

If he kept grinding he could eventually lower that time without SR50. Still, it's a 9, it's something already.

Why tf am I acting as if I had any experience? I arrived like 2 months ago

Didn’t know it was that close. My bad on the mistime assumed it was milliseconds not frames that’s good to know! Thanks for kind words, plan on grinding both times just getting started ;) . (Random Noob forum question) do the different power-ups for the “like” button have different meanings in its context? Lol

6 hours ago, PugUgly said:

Didn’t know it was that close. My bad on the mistime assumed it was milliseconds not frames that’s good to know! Thanks for kind words, plan on grinding both times just getting started ;) . (Random Noob forum question) do the different power-ups for the “like” button have different meanings in its context? Lol

No, they don't have different meaning.

I will personally use the partial invisibility for dislike though, since I don't think it is good for the player. (But I will say that any partial invisibility that was given by me before year 2020 does not mean dislike.)

E1M1 UV Max in 27 Seconds in-game time. Can't exactly tell what the real time is. However, anyone can clearly tell there's room for improvement. didn't get a double kill at the start. Nor killed both sergeants within the secret downstairs with one shot. Even the Imp wasn't kind enough to open the door... maybe, just, maybe, late 25 seconds could be possibly be achieved.

Video proof + lmp file (had to reupload this file since i didn't know about the txt file needed)

Intu - 27s.rar
https://youtu.be/9EgcI979NRw

Edited by Intuition?!

2 hours ago, Intuition?! said:

E1M1 UV Max in 27 Seconds in-game time. 

Any chance for a zip-file? Some errors while trying to open.

Edit: seems like my 7zip is old :v

Edited by Looper

4 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Karl Jobest is a legend to get everybody into this. Great.

an absolute legend, you could say

Hello @PrimalPie,

Welcome to doom speedrunning! The run looks great for someone starting out - the main big thing to adjust is trying to use straferunning as much as you can, and trying to avoid running just forward, especially in the straight sections. A comment on your text file: it isn't essential to dive into sr50 early on (it would probably cost more time than it gives, which is only ~10% in ideal conditions), so I recommend focusing on sr40 (just normal run + strafe) as you push towards 9. Good luck in your competition 😉

Ehm, does going backwards count as strafing? Is it allowed for Stroller?

Edited by Alaux