• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

your music in a musicless Doom

picklehammer said:

I love you.
<-- has a giant collection of Mike Oldfield stuff

Too bad he began to make lame Ibiza trance lately. Another great musician plunges into mainstream lameness.

I only got 2 of his CD's- Tublular Bells and a new one im not sure of but still good.
(ill find out soon)

Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, SOAD... the list goes on for quite some time.

I found that my perfect dooming music is KMFDM. Especially some of their hard as hell songs. The synthesized music just mixes so well with the guitars to create a mecha-organic mix that fits doom so well. And the german doesn't hurt the atmosphere. And Vominus, I don't know that I'd call the misfits a thrash band. Although the album "Earth A.D." is damn close, I wouldn't say the band itself is thrash. More a punk/metal hybrid.

ravage said:

I only got 2 of his CD's- Tublular Bells and a new one im not sure of but still good.
(ill find out soon)

Tubular bells was damn fine, and gave the Virgin Records, now Virgin Airlines etc,Millionaire, Sir Richard Branson his start, he produced the Tubular Bells and it was his start in life, up to then he worked in a record store.

The first and 3rd Rammstein studio releases, Herzeleid and Mutter go really well with Doom. At least for the most part. The fucked up love songs do not, of course. Annihilator Carnival Diablos goes well, but I find most Judas Priest does not. Several songs do, but whole cd's do not. Demolition does though, mainly because of the use of synth guitars - not that I'd suggest Turbo, it's far too upbeat. Pantera goes okay, Motorhead does not...to satire-ish. Ministry goes extremely well with it, mainly because of the industrial edge, and same with Static-X. Bruce Dickinson's metal stuff works out well too, thanks to the overly-religious tones, and Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet is also a definite winner. However, I'm gonna go on a wild tangent and see if Crystal Method and Doom mix shortly.

sailor moon said:

well hello u know wat i play music all the time wen i play doom

learn how to spell right

it all depends on the mod.....if its a "realistic" mod with like assult rifles, desert eagles...shit like that...I use no music.

If its a crazy-but-cool MOD like Dragon Ball Z Doom or Cube, I'll use the music

Never tried playing DOOM with Winamp in the background. I've only heard a few things by them, but from what I've heard, Nevermore's stuff is quite qood for a variety of level types. (The River Dragon Has Come -> Epic Battle, Dead Heart In A Dead World -> Massive, Frantic, FAST Battle)

Babylon5 Soundtracks, another different one. Yes I am strange. But in a good way. (I think.)