Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

raymoohawk said:

the post above should be a community project

I had thought about making an episode named CIRCA as an acronym for the monsters used but it joins a queue of many other plans!

Those adorable Barons o' hell.

still brings a smile to my face and a twinkle to my eye seeing those twin bruiser brothers come roaring out of the pillar doors in e1m8.

Which makes me wonder what kind of sick, twisted person would have locked them up in there to begin with... and for how long. I think their anger and frustration are reasonable considering their long bout of solitary confinement.

Anyone would have been mad.

purist said:

I reckon if you had to distill Doom down to 5 monsters you could still make a great wad with just these:

Chaingunner
Imp
Revenant
Cacodemon
Arch Vile

Good idea - I agree. It should be realized sooner or later.

Buckshot said:

Those adorable Barons o' hell.

still brings a smile to my face and a twinkle to my eye seeing those twin bruiser brothers come roaring out of the pillar doors in e1m8.

Which makes me wonder what kind of sick, twisted person would have locked them up in there to begin with... and for how long. I think their anger and frustration are reasonable considering their long bout of solitary confinement.

Anyone would have been mad.

#HellBaronsArePeopleToo

Aesthetically: Mancubus. As mentioned before, it looks badass, and the non-pixelart arms always charmed me (though I've understood this aspect in my mind just in late years).

In general: Arachnotron. Killing it with any weapon rather than fist or pistol is fun; that egg cracking sound is always pleasant.

Cyberdemons have always been a favorite of mine, they're very intimidating and sometimes challenging to fight. I like a challenge.

AwesomeO-789 said:

The archvile is the only doom monster that manages to make me freak out like the first time I saw him.

lol. he blew me up on map 11 when i played it the first time, although i strafed, wtf! next time i tried to shoot him from the stairs, not even daring to come up.

The Cacodemon is the definitive Doom monster, even if it isn't original, it's the icon for Doom95, it's on the title screen for the original game, it's the first new monster you see in episode 2. Their red skin and blue blood make them immediately striking as their terrifying sound the first time you hear one.

And they're just cute! They're flying space tomatoes from Hell.