Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

32in24-7: Capture The Flag - Beta is up! Check page 7

of course, being banned from #32in24 doesn't quite allow me to participate. so go eat shitberries essel

Hey, that actually didn't take too long - maybe those Plutonia speedmaps are making a difference after all. :D

http://www.speedyshare.com/771233493.html

Name: Bedeviled Duality
Music: "Somebody Pick Up the Gryphone" from Tyrian - by MaliceX.
(Damn you, Xaser - that's two 32in24s in a row you've stolen my music ideas :P)

This map will need some retexturing due to the lack of blue and red textures in Doom, especially on the outside of the bases. Have fun with it, whoever chooses to mess with it. :3

EDIT: Uhhh... was I supposed to include a sky or was that the detailer's job? Nevermind, I've taken my pick from the RW and reuploaded it.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

So it's okay then, to submit a map that doesn't have a red base at all, but includes the "junction" between them and shows where the red base is supposed to be, etc...?

Also, 8 player starts per team. Too much?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN (I'm so original)
Music: Death- Crystal Mountain

The red base was purposely left out to save the detailer a step.

Alright, I finally finished my layout. To compensate for a mistake I made when designing it, it's been set up to BEND THE VERY FABRIC OF SPACE AND TIME! Be sure to read the text file if you're detailing it, or stuff will get screwed up.

Title: Bartlett's III: Beyond Thunderdome
Build Time: 6-8 hours @_@
http://sl4.startan3.com/wasd/essel-7-layout1.zip

edit: reuploaded with a couple fixes

I'm a fan of 32in24, so I guess I'll help out since it inherantly requires a minimal time investment. I'll detail the Rush 'n Crush map by Nes.

Yah for 32in24! =D

oops i did it again *is shot for britney reference*

*ahem*, I mean,

http://www.speedyshare.com/496542268.html

Name: "Spiral Meningitis"
Music: Chrono Trigger Battle Theme, sequenced by Sword-Bolt (might replace ; will take suggestions)

I might do a 3rd but that's pushing it. I might take a crack at prettifying something but I'm not sure how great I'll do in that department. Worth a shot, maybe.

I'm a dumbass because I decided to do another layout...that's why I haven't claimed anything yet -_-*. Anyways, should be done with my last layout shortly (it's going to be a much simpler layout this time too).

Death-Destiny said:

Here's the detailed version of the Rushin' 'n Crushin' map. At least filling space with superfluous, unneccessary details is one of my strong points and this gives me a chance to do just that without worrying about gameplay. =P

Long live the 32in24!!!

Link: http://www.speedyshare.com/635565379.html

Oh wow, looks awesome! I do have a couple of suggestions, though.

For one thing, the texturing on the floor outside is a really weird-looking combination, with the vines and ice/snow mixed.

Secondly, (and I know this was part of the original layout) it's really easy to step up on top of the lifts' switches and then not be able to press them. Maybe raise the switches up a bit to where you can't accidentally walk onto them, and then tag them to lower/raise along with the main lift.

I also noticed a staircase with 24-high steps using 16-high gothic support textures on the sides of them. It'd look better if you either changed the texture to something that doesn't look weird when it's cut off midway like that, or made the steps 16-high (with a few more of them, to reach the same height on top).

Lastly, the windows by the flags look like you should be able to jump out of them. A metal grating midtexture or something would help players avoid the instinct to try running forwards and smacking into the impassible window after taking the flag.

esselfortium said:

Oh wow, looks awesome! I do have a couple of suggestions, though.

You make good suggestions, Esselfortium! =D Here's an updated version of Rush/Crush. I agree with your input, so I hope you use this version instead. I think it looks better now.

Link: http://www.speedyshare.com/565435476.html

That's all I've got time for in this 32in24. This installment is looking good, as always. Long live the 32in24!

Thanks Death-Destiny! I just made a small fix to it, with the lifts. The buttons themselves weren't lowering correctly, so you had to either jump or walk around them. They work correctly now though, just had to fix some tags!

BTW, I forgot to delete the DB camera thing when I was finished with it. I don't remember if CTF-mode treats it as solid or not, but that should be removed also... sorry about that.