Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

This is Woof! 14.5.0 (Apr 30, 2024)

41 minutes ago, boom_compatible said:

I'm getting "bad v_drawblock" when I try to change the "net_player_name".

Fixed, thank you!

Awesome updates. Will it ever be possible to reload maps from the intermission screen, or is that outside of the scope of the port?

Woof has been a perfect port for me since autoload addition but it keeps getting better and better. Gamma control and centered messages are very important changes for me in this update. Really great job.

15 hours ago, fabian said:

Strict mode (sets compatibility and cosmetic settings according to DSDA rules).

So good to see a new release of Woof! again! Gonna tackle the next wad on my list, Irkalla, tomorrow with this. However, I'm a bit lost on this part. By strict mode does it mean it detects what complevel is used in the PWAD automatically for you so you don't have to type in "-complevel x" when loading it correctly or am I getting it wrong?

6 hours ago, VoanHead said:

By strict mode does it mean it detects what complevel is used in the PWAD automatically for you so you don't have to type in "-complevel x" when loading it correctly or am I getting it wrong?

If it's like International Doom, which I believe it is, strict mode turns off all visual enhancements for a vanilla-like experience without altering your actual menu settings. See it as a temporal override if you really want a pwad to look as vanilla-ish as possible.

4 minutes ago, NightFright said:

See it as a temporal override if you really want a pwad to look as vanilla-ish as possible.

It's more about speedrunning. It disables all cosmetic settings that are unfair according to speedrunners rules and makes sure you have the correct compatibility options. All complevels are supported, so you can, for example, record a "strict" MBF demo. And yes, your actual configuration settings are not affected. DSDA-Doom has similar mode.

7 hours ago, Dreemurr Deceevurr said:

Urotsuki: Inferno Road

Urotsuki: Radical Way

Urotsuki: Dead End

These wads by Lainos cause 10.0.0 to crash with "I_SignalHander: Exit on illegal storage access (Signal 11)" on Windows 10.

10 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

FWIW, these also crash the previous version of Woof (I haven't updated yet).

Yes, we are working on it. The culprit has already been found, we just need to find the right solution.

One of the texture definitions refers to a bogus patch which causes the crash when precomposing all textures. 

Could not write defaults to D:\DOOM\WOOF\woof.cfg file exists

What is this message about, that pops up on exiting? I played it fine a few times and then suddenly I couldn't save my settings. This occurred with the previous versions as well.

Fantastic new features by the way, thank you.

Config is saved to a temporary file and then moved over to woof.cfg. However, in your case it couldn't write over the already existing woof.cfg file. Please try to remove it manually. 

Woof! 10.0.3 is released on Jun 24, 2022.

New Features and Improvements

• Two-colored HUD widgets (as in Crispy Doom).

Bug Fixes

• Fix complevel vanilla scrollers.
  • Fix reload level during intermission.
  • Check if the lump can be a Doom patch in R_GenerateLookup().
  • Fix gcc-12 -O3 compiler warnings.
  • Only create autoload subdirectory relative to D_DoomPrefDir().
  • Workaround for optimization bug in clang (taken from Eternity Engine, fixes desync in competn/doom/fp2-3655.lmp and dmn01m909.lmp).

Binaries for Windows are available here:

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof/releases/download/woof_10.0.3/Woof-10.0.3-win32.zip

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof/releases/download/woof_10.0.3/Woof-10.0.3-win64.zip

Have a lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, fabian said:

Woof! 10.0.3 is released on Jun 24, 2022.

May I ask what even happened? 10.0.1 was skipped, and a weird (possibly automated) 10.0.2 release was made with what I think are 10.0.0's files and 10.0.3's description. I'm just curious, it's pretty odd for me.

6 minutes ago, Alaux said:

May I ask what even happened? 10.0.1 was skipped, and a weird (possibly automated) 10.0.2 release was made with what I think are 10.0.0's files and 10.0.3's description. I'm just curious, it's pretty odd for me.

Yes, I needed these two intermediate releases to get used to our new release process. I lost access to my Windows system over the week and now release binaries are built from the CI.

This might be a stupid question, but is there a discord like with crispy for finding games? This is quickly becoming my favorite port.

I usually exit the game with alt+f4.

Very frequently the problem that forces me to remove woof.cfg reoccurs. ("COULD NOT WRITE DETAILS, FILE EXISTS") Is there no way to fix it?

Edited by Pixel Fiend

6 hours ago, Pixel Fiend said:

Very frequently the problem that forces me to remove woof.cfg reoccurs. ("COULD NOT WRITE DETAILS, FILE EXISTS") Is there no way to fix it?

Which of the solutions we suggested last time did you try? 

I mean, it reoccurs so it happened after I removed the file and set everything up again, 3 or 4 times. Maybe it won't happen again, who knows. I wonder if this happens to others too.

the -warp param doesn't orient the player correctly(not facing towards the cool stairs in map01, not facing towards the zombies in map02). It's fixed with idclev though

Found a bug with saves:

1. Load something incorrectly (like, a save from another PWAD, or a savefile from Doom 2 while playing Ultimate Doom etc.)

2. Cancel when the game prompts you whether you want to continue

3. The next time you save, it will create an invalid save file. (According to the auto naming, Woof probably thinks you're playing that particular WAD instead of what you have been playing)

Got a message from 4shockblast on Discord saying my submitted demos using Woof contain a lot of lmps in the footers. He said it doesn't break anything, but I should probably figure out why this is happening. What does this mean and how can I fix it? I know fuck all about computer science. Here's one of my most recent demos.

apo23p1494.zip

Do you use some launcher or command line to run Woof?

Check your Woof's autoload folder, it might be that apo23-029.lmp is in there by accident.