Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killerkouhai

[FINAL RELEASE] Refracted Reality

Funnily enough, when I tested the maps myself, I had the option set to Standard as well. Definitely it's an improvement for distance/ brightness view.

Enforcing that sector light mode is easy enough.

After many delays and long periods of burnout, I'm glad to announce that RC2 is now available. Big thanks to everyone who picked up production when it became too distressing for me, Dynamo and Decay especially. If any more bugs are found, please contact @Dynamo or @Decay, as they'll be picking up where I left off, and the bugs will be fixed as soon as possible. Hope you enjoy it!

Download links:
Mirror 1 Google Drive
Mirror 2 Dropbox
Mirror 3 MEGA 
(added to first post as well)

Please note that the new maps that were going to be added are instead going to be solo releases, one of which is already out, so go show it some love.

Major thanks to Dynamo who had no involvement in to project at all to take up the pieces just because he thought it was a shame all that hard work would go to waste. Dude hasn't even played it and still went out of his way to put it together. True archivist.

Q: When will be the final release?

A: If nothing comes up within the next week, that's it.

Q: What's in RC2 if no new maps?

A: Well... mostly technical stuff.

Big thanks to Michaelis as well for wad retrieval and putting the pk3 on a diet. The wad went from nearly 300 mb to 190mb.

Every map received some bug fixes and addressed major game play issues

Props to @Razgriz for making the jump pads on the boss map actually useful

A few new skyboxes were added and a little bit of extra pizzazz given to map05

Screenshot_Doom_20201010_140823.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_002923.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_002916.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_143224.png

Happy to be of help, and glad RC2 is finally out after the long wait. Looking forward to giving this a full run soon :)

Oh boy....

One thing to speak is that an older version of Duplexity is kept. I'll pass the new corrections of the map ASAP for a bugfix....because I spotted some that I'm not happy with. 

And there you go. Some stuff were fixed, some stuff were changed (like the "bfg being worthy" crap) and other stuff were removed. The map should take much less time than before....around a half of it.

With this, I cut ties with the project completely. In time, I'll remake both maps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z744hlezve6r2b/MAP10.wad?dl=1

10 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

And there you go. Some stuff were fixed, some stuff were changed (like the "bfg being worthy" crap) and other stuff were removed. The map should take much less time than before....around a half of it.

Thanks! We'll be sure to include this in the final release, alongside a few other minor bugfixes we've done.

I am actually genuinely surprised my crappy desktop rig can play these levels, where only MAP02 and the hub map have framerate issues.

On MAP01 right now, teleport destinations 624 and 907 are not flagged for first two skill settings, so an arch-vile and a bunch of cacos won't teleport in on the lowest settings.

MAP03: Teleport destination 271 not flagged for first setting. Pretty important since I got stuck here on this skill setting.

Edited by NuMetalManiak

22 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Thanks! We'll be sure to include this in the final release, alongside a few other minor bugfixes we've done.

The main reason of the changes was because of potential issues with mods, especially with weapons, which might break the flow of gameplay and I don't want that.

I played RC2 on HMP in GZdoom 4.5.0 and I encountered bug in the secret level: the final bars to the exit never lowered. On my first try, I killed all the monsters before I even approached the bars. Then I did a second try and sprinted to them (so they would rise), but they never lowered even after I killed all the monsters.

20 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

I played RC2 on HMP in GZdoom 4.5.0 and I encountered bug in the secret level: the final bars to the exit never lowered. On my first try, I killed all the monsters before I even approached the bars. Then I did a second try and sprinted to them (so they would rise), but they never lowered even after I killed all the monsters.

I could not replicate this issue and nothing in the map itself indicates an issue. Were you playing with a mod? 

Otherwise I've collected up all the bugfixes to issues raised here and in other testing, looks like the final release is on schedule for this weekend

22 hours ago, Decay said:

I could not replicate this issue and nothing in the map itself indicates an issue. Were you playing with a mod?

Odd, now I can't replicate it either. How exactly those bars work? What causes them to lower?

There are 2 lines, one raises the bars and another lowers an archvile cage. To lower the bars, kill the archvile by all the barons and that should be good.

Well, that's the problem: on my first try, I killed the archvile before I crossed the line that raises the bars. This needs to be fool-proofed somehow, IMO.

noted and fixed - the bars will raise before triggering the archvile cage

I have no idea what even took so long, and seeing there are very minimal drastic changes for RC2 is a little sad. At about 99% finished practically but I guess the final stretch of 1% was too much :P

Just wanted to say that this is the most visually stunning wad I have ever played!  Thanks to everyone involved with this project!

At this point there might be almost as many maps in RR as there are maps that were rejected/pulled out from RR lol

Alas that how it be sometimes. Final release is done, the official post is coming shortly!

After a week of testing where hopefully all bugs have been squashed, the first post has been updated with a link to the final version of the mod!

Inside this final release is: a further optimized pk3 (143 mb!) and all bugs raised fixed (special thanks to Decay and Michaelis for their hard work).
Please note that this pk3 has not been fully tested with gameplay mods, and if you come across any bugs, make sure you aren't playing with a modification before reporting them.
In a few days this will show up on /idgames and that link will be posted here. Enjoy!

Greetings!

I'm late for the train and it was ver.RC1 though, I just finished it and it was really an amazing journey!

I got my eyes on Refracted Reality from @UltraViolenceX's YouTube Channel and started to do the project in mid-June,2021.  All maps and designs are gorgeous, and the selected tracks are great!  

I just want to say thanks to Refracted Reality Dev. Team, I really have had a lot of good time while playing it.

I'm sure that I will revisit it with the final release version in the future, you guys are awesome!

Refracted Reality#14︱Map30-Infinitus & End Credits

Edited by DoomBunny