Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

What are your top 10 most beloved video games?

1. DOOM II - An amazing game blah blah blah

2. The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - My favorite Elder Scrolls game, I remember first discovering it early middle school, when it was released for free and being amazed at fucking complex a castle can be if it was ran by minotaurs posing as royalty. I also fell in love with the system of swing your mouse to attack, even though I'll probably have some wrist problems with it later in my life.

3. DOOM - An amazing game blah blah blah

4. Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Haha suckers they all repackaged it as one game so I don't have to choose between any of them. suck me. Halo is my second favorite franchise, and an absolute joy to play. Halo 3 was the first game I ever beat.

5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - My first Elder Scrolls game, I remember being in awe at the scale of it, being able to run from the Imperial City straight to Bravil, and then straight to Leyawiin. I loved playing sneaky mages, and finding any exploit to get me money. I was like 6 at the time of playing so I didn't care it was cheating.

6. Kameo: Elements of Power - A janky game made of my rare that I absolutely loved as a kid. I've gone back and played it numerous times and fell in love each time. Phenomenal sound track thats easily in my top 5.

7. The Orange Box - Man, I love games that are packaged with other games. Makes this so much easier. The Half-Life 2 trilogy, as well as portal, as well as TF2 is a fucking amazing experience and I loved every moment of it.

8. Lost in Vivo - A silent hill-esque FPS horror game where you have to find a corgi and question the infrastructure of an unnamed town. Played through it the first time terrified, the second time with heavy metal blaring in the background going out of my way to gun down that Dog Mimic.

9. Dusk - Boomer Shooters are the fucking best. Dusk was such an amazing experience to play through and I loved every second of it.

10. DOOM 64 - I first played this on Doom 64EX and played through the first half of it one sitting. I loved the hell out of it. I will always prefer the midi music of the doom series, but I loved this soundtrack. It was a wonderful experience.

1. Spiderman ps4

2. God of War 2018

3. Doom 64

4. the other classic DOOMs

5. Uncharted 4

6. Uncharted Nathan Drake collection (although I never finished it)

7. I haven't played this game in at least 4 years, but it was the only game I played from like 5 to 8. It was also the first game I completed. Lego Star Wars

8. GTA V/ Red Dead 2/ L.A. Noire (I never finished LA Noire, but I feel like I can include all the post-2010 rockstar games on here, because they are all great)

9. Dreams

10. Bonk.io

1. Return to Castle Wolfenstein

2. Doom 1 & 2

3. C&C: Red Alert

4. Quake II

5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

6. Duke Nukem 3D

7. Sid Meier's Civilization

8. Day of the Tentacle

9. Warcraft II

10. Catacomb Abyss

5 hours ago, MassiveEdgelord said:

I'm actually so hardcore I played Demon's Souls before that kind of stuff was cool. But I was so infuriated, I kept renting it and returning it, swearing never to touch it again, only to keep renting it. After I beat it, I realized it isn't even half as difficult as people make it out to be, they either just give up on it, won't get used to it, or won't learn all the mechanics. The only game on that list that is actually pretty difficult is Nioh, and that's assuming you don't go for an OP build. I mainly love those games for the setting and the worldbuilding/atmosphere. It was the kind of game I dreamed about growing up.

42 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I realized it isn't even half as difficult as people make it out to be

Yes, I'd say that was absolutely the case with Dark Souls 1 and 2 which I finished. 

I have not felt like playing any more of that kind of thing though, I'm not the biggest fan suffice to say. I think ego alone pushed me to the end of both. 

Dark Souls was a bit on the easy side. I beat most of the bosses on my first or second attempt. Cutting off Kalameet's tail was tricky though. 

13 hours ago, ZeMystic said:

9. Dusk - Boomer Shooters are the fucking best.

No. They are for hipsters contrarians.

12 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

1. Spiderman ps4

2. God of War 2018

5. Uncharted 4

6. Uncharted Nathan Drake collection (although I never finished it)

If-Sony-Fanboys-9vcb4t.jpg.93a515e3f885bd69561b042b80cb245b.jpg

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

Dark Souls was a bit on the easy side. I beat most of the bosses on my first or second attempt. Cutting off Kalameet's tail was tricky though. 

I got stopped at Ornstein & Smough and dropped it for 3 months, came back and smashed it, never did take on Kalameet though, maybe I'll have to try on the Remastered version. 

Have you tried Sister Friede in DS3? Way way out of my skill level, I only got through with Co-op, this happened on an another attempt:

1. Classic Doom
2. osu!
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360)
5. Super Mario 64
6. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
7. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8. World of Warcraft (played during the BC and WotLK expansions)
9. Persona 5
10. Dark Souls

Honorable mentions: Age of Empires 2, Quake, Persona 3, Rome: Total War, Demon's Souls, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Guitar Hero 3, Super Metroid, Dustforce, Devil Daggers, NetHack

Including "honorable mentions" is a nice way to cheat, it allows me to namedrop 21 games here, lol.

Okay, I think I will have a go at a list that isn't based on my kind of half-done with videogames mentality now but based on what I played over the years and remember really enjoying. But I probably will still rank them based on my mood now. 

1. Baldur's Gate 1+2 (Are a complete story and I don't seperate them) 

2. Resident Evil 

3. Streets of Rage 2

4. Silent Hill 2

5. Metal Gear Solid 3

6. Ninja Gaiden Black

7. Doom 1 + 2

8. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

9. Super Metroid

10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Honourable Mentions: Clock Tower, Haunting Ground, Desperados 3 (that game was really fucking good), Soul Blade, Bloody Roar 2, Super Mario 64, Starfox 64, F-Zero X, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, No One Lives Forever, Suikoden 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1+2, God Hand, Broken Sword, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

I'm probably forgetting some. In fact, yes, I would add Shadowrun Dragonfall and Shadowrun Hong Kong to the mentions, I really liked those a lot and it might be my favourite RPG setting. 

Edited by hybridial

18 hours ago, MassiveEdgelord said:

AKA EA DLC hell.

Haha yeah, I'd been playing The Sims 4 close after the release but never decided I could afford any of their paid DLC considering the amount of content provided.

-Dodonpachi

-Castlevania (I)

-Bloodborne

-Mega Man Zero 3

-Final Doom (Plutonia to be specific)

-Thief: Dark Project

-Quake (I)

-Ys Origin

-Half-Life (I)

-Contra III

Just keeping it to 1 game per series here :)