Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

Haha put my name somewhere inconspicuous in the middle! I don’t want people to think I’m trying to take all the credit 😂

Currently trying to think up a layout for E2M6, the map will probably have some sort of nukage tunnels system, with a little tech and a little brimstone. 

Kind of a mix of textures since the theme will soon be changing.

4 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

@OpenRiftWhen the Ultimate Twango is finished, will there be a big grand deathmatch on Chocolate Doom or something like that lol?

There should be.

Also seeing all the midis people are proposing, we need a music text file for documentation. We already saw how painful it was to find Dwango music.

4 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

Credits screen for current development perhaps?

credits.png

It's only DJV, the rest is just because DJV was taken, I believe.

6 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Also seeing all the midis people are proposing, we need a music text file for documentation. We already saw how painful it was to find Dwango music.

Great idea.

I made another map. Hopefully it's good.

It's in the E4M1 slot and it's called "The Filth Tide"

It's a bit more experimental than the other map I made, but hopefully that won't ruin the experience.

e4m1death.rar

44 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

I made another map. Hopefully it's good.

It's in the E4M1 slot and it's called "The Filth Tide"

It's a bit more experimental than the other map I made, but hopefully that won't ruin the experience.

e4m1death.rar

This is really good. Nice, too-the-point layout. Only problem is there is this one spot in the map that causes a visplane overflow (use visplane explorer in ultimate doombuilder or chocorenderlimits to see what I mean). Once you fix that up, it's looking pretty good!

18 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

@OpenRiftWhen the Ultimate Twango is finished, will there be a big grand deathmatch on Chocolate Doom or something like that lol?

Well, like with TWANGO1, there's probably going to be some deathmatch tests and then a release event over at my discord, the DOSBox DM Club

15 hours ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Another one, put this on the E4M4 slot, this will be the last one for now:
Download: Unruly DM Players (V1)

There would be problems for the E4 music, but for now, music choice is: Korn - Blind

image.png.531a637fc738b4f1dfb14d207a1c1d6b.pngimage.png.276041eb0a5a00244d7bac801420c12e.pngimage.png.55458a51b4c2e650cdf7252ed43e9e58.pngimage.png.0e2030f507ee4908e6455f4e900f8b82.pngimage.png.44626aff4ddd994293cc109d9ee96914.png

You are a champ at this, good lord. Good stuff. I think I'm gonna have to put a level limit on you so other mappers have a chance, lmao.

19 hours ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1n62d5s3q3eo5x8/turnaround%282%29.wad/file

fixed the door textures, that was actually unintended, also varied the textures a bit, added more geometry to tighten up the open areas.

Looking good, may wanna add some more non-weapon items around the map to create some points of interest and also be sure to at an exit somewhere.

39 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

This is really good. Nice, too-the-point layout. Only problem is there is this one spot in the map that causes a visplane overflow (use visplane explorer in ultimate doombuilder or chocorenderlimits to see what I mean). Once you fix that up, it's looking pretty good!

The visplane overflow should be fixed now.

e4m1death_V2.rar

3 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

The visplane overflow should be fixed now.

e4m1death_V2.rar

I just noticed there's also a little bit of HOMs in that same spot if you look toward the exit door as well.

5 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

I just noticed there's also a little bit of HOMs in that same spot if you look toward the exit door as well.

I did some testing and I got this error.

This is the first time I've seen something like this and I have no clue what it could be.

Sorry if this is obvious. I just very rarely make maps for vanilla.

error.PNG

6 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

These just don't miss man.

To be honest, I unfortunately only made about 5 pieces of original music for the abandoned wad that these tracks come from. Most of the others were Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer MIDIs I found off the internet. They're running out :(

15 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

I did some testing and I got this error.

This is the first time I've seen something like this and I have no clue what it could be.

Sorry if this is obvious. I just very rarely make maps for vanilla.

error.PNG

Usually this error happens in relation to custom flats, but your WAD doesn't really have that. Honestly I don't know why it's doing that, it runs fine for me other than that HOM in one spot.

2 hours ago, OpenRift said:

You are a champ at this, good lord. Good stuff. I think I'm gonna have to put a level limit on you so other mappers have a chance, lmao.

That was my last effort for now, I think that's enough, I'm a sucker for Ultimate Doom things

New version of my map: dm-thing-v2.zip

- Shrinkled the layout of the 30% from the original

- Removed some stuff that blocked the level flow

- Added new routes at west and east section of the map

- Added new items all around the map and sector detailing in some rooms that felled empty for me

- Slighty shrinked the cavern tunnels and modified some of the route progression in that area for give more "variety"

Tell me if everything it's good here, as usual. I hope you like it!

31 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

- Added new items all around the map and sector detailing in some rooms that felled empty for me

- Slighty shrinked the cavern tunnels and modified some of the route progression in that area for give more "variety"

I think it looks cool!

39 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Honestly, now it's like perfect. Great job ;)

On 9/6/2021 at 3:33 AM, IggySqiggles said:

Started working on an area, I haven't really got a layout planned yet.

Hide contents

image.png.90a915c482d41d3b4909d42373a51b77.png

God daaaamn I don't know how I missed this! Great stuff! Just remember to stay in vanilla limits ;)

(Old version. New one is here:  https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2384227

Mapname: Bloodtub
Slot: E4M3
Tested on: Zdaemon (with bots), Chocolate Doom*

I couldn't get it to run under Vanilla Doom, but I think that's more my fault than the WADs. let me know if you run into any trouble.

I've never made any deathmatch maps before, and this one is pretty small and intense, so let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'd love to hear them!

Edited by Pistoolkip

28 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

Mapname: Bloodtub
Slot: E4M3
Tested on: Zdaemon (with bots), Cholocate Doom*

I couldn't get it to run under Vanilla Doom, but I think that's more my fault than the WADs. let me know if you run into any trouble.

I've never made any deathmatch maps before, and this one is pretty small and intense, so let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'd love to hear them!

Bloodtub.zip

Screenshots:

Hide contents

DM-20210908-004818.png.e9e58fbadc49c01fd0a9fd4e44819303.png

DM-20210908-004836.png.c58aa35a52e268052ae3d1f992a914a7.png

DM-20210908-004908.png.20a0093c82dae4f10fbba0fc0c304aff.png

It looks nice but it has to be able to be ran on Vanilla Doom.

2 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

It looks nice but it has to be able to be ran on Vanilla Doom.

Like I said, that's my fault, not the WADs. I can't get anything to run in Vanilla/Dosbox

Just now, Pistoolkip said:

Like I said, that's my fault, not the WADs. I can't get anything to run in Vanilla/Dosbox

I consider Chocolate Doom to be vanilla, so here's my instructions!

Go to the "Warps" section of the Chocolate Doom setup, choose "Doom", and then add "-file [filename.wad]" to the parameters. Then launch! It works. Remember that the vanilla character limit for wads is 8 words.

1 minute ago, xdude_gamer said:

I consider Chocolate Doom to be vanilla, so here's my instructions!

Go to the "Warps" section of the Chocolate Doom setup, choose "Doom", and then add "-file [filename.wad]" to the parameters. Then launch! It works. Remember that the vanilla character limit for wads is 8 words.

I already got it to run under Chocolate

1 minute ago, Pistoolkip said:

I already got it to run under Chocolate

Oh, I see. I don't really understand true DOS stuff either, so I'm kind of at a loss. Maybe @Doomkid knows lol!