Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

20 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

Here we go, a 640x400 (4:3) title screen. Just rename it to TITLEPIC and stick it in Slade! 

titlescreen.png

It's supposed to be 320x200, vanilla doesn't support 640x400. Also I already have a TITLEPIC lump. I think I'd like to handle this stuff if that's okay.

10 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

@OpenRift

Thoughts on my map? Also is the map slot I requested still open?

Which slot did you request again?

EDIT: You're added. Also, great job on E1M1. Maintains that general feel while also still being fresh and new.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:53 AM, OpenRift said:

Which slot did you request again?

He requested E4M6

On 9/12/2021 at 6:51 AM, OpenRift said:

It's supposed to be 320x200, vanilla doesn't support 640x400. Also I already have a TITLEPIC lump. I think I'd like to handle this stuff if that's okay.

Sounds good, just trying to be helpful besides being just a musician. Speaking of which, how are the songs, in your eyes?

1 minute ago, xdude_gamer said:

Sounds good, just trying to be helpful besides being just a musician. Speaking of which, how are the songs, in your eyes?

They're pretty good. Are you in my Discord btw? I think we should probably move communications there.

1 minute ago, OpenRift said:

They're pretty good. Are you in my Discord btw? I think we should probably move communications there.

No, I'm not. I don't really use Discord anymore, had a few messed up situations and decided to abandon ship. But perhaps I can speak to you in Doomworld DMs?

1 minute ago, xdude_gamer said:

No, I'm not. I don't really use Discord anymore, had a few messed up situations and decided to abandon ship. But perhaps I can speak to you in Doomworld DMs?

Sure, that's fine. I just wanna move stuff to DMs or Discord as much as possible.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, Dusty_Rhodes said:

It's done, here's E1M1, the title is Round and Around. It uses a custom midi from @xdude_gamer and runs in PRBoom+ at Ultimate Doom complevel. I don't have time to test in DOSBox right, but will on Sunday.

https://files.catbox.moe/mykn50.wad

Well, I expected not to like this, as the layout from the builder looks ugly, but it manages to be both faithful to Knee Deep in the Dead, and to Death-Matching. Really nice to circle around, maybe the lift at the east can slow you down, and it's possible you may have a camper behind, waiting for someone to lift up with the elevator, but, nothing too bad. There aren't any VPO's present inside the gameplay area, but some texture work need to be done, as there are some misalignments here and there. Also, there are tutti-frutti effects on some of the STEP textures, like seen here:
image.png.cd86a2c93fc428cda3826215ddae9ca4.png

My suggestion is not to use "lower unpegged" to STEP textures, or move them from the main start point of the texture, only move them sideways. 
There are several misaligned textures and I feel you did not use "upper unpegged" tags to any linedefs (they adjust the texture for you without making you move them manually, upper for upper textures, lower for lower textures).

Also, don't use multiplayer tag, every item exits by default on both single-player and multiplayer, the multiplayer tag is to add items ONLY on multiplayer.

1 hour ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Well, I expected not to like this, as the layout from the builder looks ugly, but it manages to be both faithful to Knee Deep in the Dead, and to Death-Matching. Really nice to circle around, maybe the lift at the east can slow you down, and it's possible you may have a camper behind, waiting for someone to lift up with the elevator, but, nothing too bad. There aren't any VPO's present inside the gameplay area, but some texture work need to be done, as there are some misalignments here and there. Also, there are tutti-frutti effects on some of the STEP textures, like seen here:
image.png.cd86a2c93fc428cda3826215ddae9ca4.png

My suggestion is not to use "lower unpegged" to STEP textures, or move them from the main start point of the texture, only move them sideways. 
There are several misaligned textures and I feel you did not use "upper unpegged" tags to any linedefs (they adjust the texture for you without making you move them manually, upper for upper textures, lower for lower textures).

Also, don't use multiplayer tag, every item exits by default on both single-player and multiplayer, the multiplayer tag is to add items ONLY on multiplayer.

Thanks, I've never made a deathmatch map before, so there's some learning to do. I'll fix the misalignments, though I didn't notice them when testing the map.

31 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Thanks, I've never made a deathmatch map before, so there's some learning to do. I'll fix the misalignments, though I didn't notice them when testing the map.

Those misalignments could be product of making the layout first with default textures and then texturing it, a single auto-align can screw the entire map.

Mapname: Blood Tub
Slot: E4M3
Tested on: Zdaemon (with bots), GZDoom, Chocolate Doom, no issues found

Big update for E4M3

Added a bunch of branches outside the central courtyard. Also added a BFG and some additional items, and took some elements from the original E4M3.

Screenshots are a little bright, the map itself has a lot more contrast in its lighting:

Spoiler

E4M3c.png.83af82643e7aa20bf5cfd45b6d80b4b3.pngE4M3b.png.ba0071737ed89ca4050e3747117e9c56.pngE4M3a.png.53226504fbf99a76372caf18774c088a.png

E4M3DMB.zip

16 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

Big update for E4M3

Added a bunch of branches outside the central courtyard. Also added a BFG and some additional items, and took some elements from the original E4M3.

Screenshots are a little bright, the map itself has a lot more contrast in its lighting:

Reveal hidden contents

E4M3c.png.83af82643e7aa20bf5cfd45b6d80b4b3.pngE4M3b.png.ba0071737ed89ca4050e3747117e9c56.pngE4M3a.png.53226504fbf99a76372caf18774c088a.png

E4M3DMB.zip

Holy shit. Please make a solo E4 replacement wad. You're awesome at this style. 

23 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

Big update for E4M3

Hide contents

E4M3DMB.zip

Dude that rocks. Hyped to play this.

5 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

Holy shit. Please make a solo E4 replacement wad. You're awesome at this style. 

Thanks! My WAD Slith is pretty much in this style, so I've been practicing a lot. Not vanilla, just limit removing (Doom II) with some more detail. I'm thinking of converting E4M7 into another level for this WAD.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/slith

Just now, Pistoolkip said:

Thanks! My WAD Slith is pretty much in this style, so I've been practicing a lot. Not vanilla, just limit removing (Doom II) with some more detail. I'm thinking of converting E4M7 into another level for this WAD.

Nice! I always liked Thy Flesh Consumed, so this WAD might be a great bit of levels to screw around with every once in a while.

13 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

Wow, this is difficult. Basilica of Slith is a great boss level, the Metallica soundtrack makes a nice touch. This is some great stuff you have here. I can't wait to see more of your creations. Bravo.

1 hour ago, Astro X said:

I could try E3M8. What's the deadline?

No deadline yet, just don't take forever is all :P

Started a experimental layout this noon, no pics for now but I'd like to claim E3M9. Is a map concept i have from a while, a "far west" village in hell...

Humble opinion here.

If a custom music track is used in one of Twango's levels, perhaps the name of the music can be listed? (Similar to the TNT MIDI pack which shows the composition name and author of the music by using another WAD file)

I personally think that that could be a nice idea, so long as the differently named files work without having to assign the DOOM map names (e.g. D_RUNNIN etc...).

Either that, or the "readme" file could include a credit sheet with all the music tracks' names.

Speaking of, I am willing to provide a MIDI track, but does it have to be level-themed or can I just compose something and then it'll be assigned at a random map?

2 minutes ago, TheBlurCafe said:

I personally think that that could be a nice idea, so long as the differently named files work without having to assign the DOOM map names (e.g. D_RUNNIN etc...).

Either that, or the "readme" file could include a credit sheet with all the music tracks' names.

Speaking of, I am willing to provide a MIDI track, but does it have to be level-themed or can I just compose something and then it'll be assigned at a random map?

I'm making E4M6, I'll try to finish it in a couple days and if you want to write a midi that fits it. Also love the Marathon 2 profile picture. 

7 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I'm making E4M6, I'll try to finish it in a couple days and if you want to write a midi that fits it. Also love the Marathon 2 profile picture. 

Ay, thanks!

Also yeah sure, I'll be checking this thread for updates.

7 minutes ago, TheBlurCafe said:

Ay, thanks!

Also yeah sure, I'll be checking this thread for updates.

I can also pm you. And your idea of a music.txt is great. When the wad is complete I can contact the musicians and get it together.

7 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Here's what i made so far, miss thing balance and maybe add more routes?

Screenshot-Doom-20210915-011126.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210915-011249.png

In-game shots

dmwest-edit-area-at-2021-09-15-01-14-36-

Map layout

Make sure there aren't any VPOs or HOMs. Large open areas can be very prone to that.