Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alaux

Nugget Doom 3.0.0 (updated March 17th, '24)

Congrats!  Great to see you finally make this one public.  I'll add it to the source ports for Mac and co later (if that is ok with you)

11 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

Congrats!  Great to see you finally make this one public.  I'll add it to the source ports for Mac and co later (if that is ok with you)

Technically, it was always public, it simply didn't get much advertising.

If you want to do Mac builds and such, go ahead!

2 hours ago, Alaux said:

Icon by Korp...

Lmao you could've @ me.

Anyways, good port, i like.

There are some nice features here - So basically the same as From Doom With Love applies:

Its great. To a wiki near you!

Nugget Doom 1.5.0 has been released. Get it here!

Highlights:

• From Crispy Doom:
    • Creatures move over/under creatures setting;
  • One-Key Quick Save/Load setting
  • Disable Horizontal Autoaim setting
  • A new logo has been partially implemented!
  • Nugget's new "Doom Compatibility" settings have been fixed; they're now properly saved
  • Quick exit is now a setting

Oh man, this year is absolutely bursting with new ports. I've honestly lost count of how many have come out! Congratulations on your release, Alaux.

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Oh man, this year is absolutely bursting with new ports. I've honestly lost count of how many have come out! Congratulations on your release, Alaux.

It is isn't it.  This one is really nice.  Keep doing what you do Alaux, it's freaking juicy with all those gibs :)

On 10/30/2021 at 7:03 AM, Alaux said:

Nugget Doom 1.5.0 has been released. Get it here!

Highlights:

• From Crispy Doom:
    • Creatures move over/under creatures setting;
  • One-Key Quick Save/Load setting
  • Disable Horizontal Autoaim setting
  • A new logo has been partially implemented!
  • Nugget's new "Doom Compatibility" settings have been fixed; they're now properly saved
  • Quick exit is now a setting

It really is a nice little port, isn't it. A nice little nugget ;)

Nugget Doom 1.6.0 has been released. Get it here!

Highlights:

• Things move over/under Things setting, an update to the old setting which only applied to "creatures".
  • Damage Tint Cap and Bonus Tint Cap settings, to attenuate or disable said screen tints.
  • 'BUDDHA' cheat, pretty much the same as the one in ZDoom.
  • New Doom Compatibility options:

• Fuzzy things bleed fuzzy blood;

• Non-bleeders don't bleed when crushed.

Additionally, changes from Woof! 8.0.0 have been merged; it is worth noting that the Time/STS display above the status bar also works with Nugget's adaptation of Crispy's minimalistic HUD.

hi Alaux,

thanks for the "things move over/under things" setting, it made me switch from woof to nugget

can't wait for build 1.6.1 adding the latest changes from woof 8.1.0

keep up the good work!

Nugget Doom 1.6.1 has been released. Get it here!

Changes from Woof! 8.1.0 have been merged. That's all.

Nugget Doom 1.7.0 has been released. Get it here!

Highlights:

• From Crispy Doom:
    • Added widescreen and mugshot variants for the Minimalistic HUD;
    • Static crosshair, without highlight on target (available through the General options menu - a very simple implementation since it appears that Woof itself will implement a static crosshair).
  • Bobbing percentage setting.
  • 'IDFLY' cheat, you can guess what it does.
  • Fixed a bug regarding flickering and hiding of the Time/STS text on smaller screen sizes.

• Improved the Things Move Over/Under Things feature.

• Moved some settings to adequate setup screens.

• Crouching is now smoother.

Nugget Doom 1.8.0 has been released. Get it here!

Highlights:

• From Crispy Doom:
    • SSG availability display on the Arms widget;
    • Most of its accessibility settings.
  • Additions to Woof's crosshair:
    • Coloring based on target health;
    • Highlight on fuzzy targets;
    • 5 new crosshair types;
    • Shaded variants for all crosshair types.
  • Screen wipe/transition effect selection (Warning: Use "Seizure" with caution!)
  • New cheats:
    • 'SPAWN' / 'SUMMON' to summon a hostile or friendly mobj through its mobjtype index;

• 'SCANNER' / 'ANALYZE' to give some info on the player's linetarget, similar to GZDoom's 'linetarget' console command;

• 'TURBO' to change the player's speed in-game.

• First person sprites don't have that 1-pixel offset bias anymore.

As you may've guessed already, changes from Woof! 9.0.0 have been merged.

By the way, say cheese!

Spoiler

cheese.png.c5464bd92209e0973995d37d0d4d78aa.png

Hey man. So, I have one tiny issue, I updated from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0 and I noticed that colored blood isn't working anymore, even when turned on in the menu.

Spoiler

eBr9QWH.png

Spoiler

qMRi5Cw.png

IDK if it's this fork in particular, or the same thing happens in Woof! (It may be the case, hadn't really checked). 

48 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

So, I have one tiny issue, I updated from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0 and I noticed that colored blood isn't working anymore, even when turned on in the menu.

Woof recently changed something regarding colored blood for the Doom IWADs: the blood colors for its monsters were previously defined in the source code, but since 9.0.0 they rely on a DeHackEd patch from an autoload folder instead. Of course, this change was carried over to Nugget. There's support for other IWADs (e.g. Chex Quest and REKKR), which is why there are separate patches with appropiate blood colors for each.

You might want to check if the patch for Doom is in its respective folder (I think the route is (your Nugget folder)/autoload/doom-all/bloodcolor.deh), and if it is being loaded.

After using Nugget Doom for a couple of months now it is definitely my favorite source port. It's exactly what I want, software render with support for all the new fancy standards. I really love the extras you've included. Gibbing with ssg feels so good. Thanks so much for all the hard work.

I have a question though, I'm playing the lastest freedoom2 svn with -fast but the monsters  and projectiles move at regular speeds. Is there a different command? I looked in the menus and didn't see any options but I could have missed it. Actually, I just tested it with doom2.wad as the iwad and -fast works so it looks to be a bug with freedoom 2? It might even just be that the imp fireballs aren't sped up.

14 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

I'm playing the lastest freedoom2 svn with -fast but the monsters  and projectiles move at regular speeds. Is there a different command? I looked in the menus and didn't see any options but I could have missed it. Actually, I just tested it with doom2.wad as the iwad and -fast works so it looks to be a bug with freedoom 2? It might even just be that the imp fireballs aren't sped up.

I just tested with the latest autobuild with the following launch parameters...

nugget-doom.exe -iwad freedoom2.wad -noautoload -fast

... and I'm getting the expected behavior; -fast works as it should.

I didn't add any other commands to toggle fast monsters. However, a cheat to toggle the parameter in-game was inherited from Woof: try typing 'fast' as you would type IDDQD and the like. If fast monsters are toggled on upon activating the cheat, it means that for some reason they weren't enabled already. If that's the case, I'm not sure what's wrong, could be something with your launch parameters.

Hm, I had to use 'fast' as a cheat code to get it to work on that session. I tried it with and without loading directly into a map and it then worked both times so yeah disregard my previous bug. Thanks for the prompt reply.

I love these extra cheat codes, it would be great to have a list of them in-game, maybe on the HELP screen or even it's own dedicated menu option?

14 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

I love these extra cheat codes, it would be great to have a list of them in-game, maybe on the HELP screen or even it's own dedicated menu option?

If I ever figure out how to add an extra page to the Help screen, which I think is done somewhere in the code, I might consider doing that.

I figured I'd mention this in case it's specific to Nugget Doom, but the title screen theme for REKKR Sunken Land doesn't play with Fluidsynth upon starting it up. However, it plays in Woof! using Fluidsynth. 

I'm running REKKR Sunken Island with the file as .wad and the .deh file, listed as an IWAD in Doom Launcher. I haven't noticed any other issues besides this one, though.

Got a little bug, when recording a complevel 9 demo, the viewbob and weapon bob get disabled entirely, it doesn't happen in vanilla or mbf

On 4/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, Eddie 2077 said:

I figured I'd mention this in case it's specific to Nugget Doom, but the title screen theme for REKKR Sunken Land doesn't play with Fluidsynth upon starting it up. However, it plays in Woof! using Fluidsynth.

Is it specific to REKKR SL? Either way, it should be the same issue that's more-or-less randomly affecting Woof 9.0.0, for which a fix was committed. I should merge said fix into Nugget once the next version of Woof is released.

Worth mentioning that, on my side, Doom 2's title music does play in Woof 9.0.0 but not in Nugget 1.8.0, using Fluidsynth obviously.

21 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Got a little bug, when recording a complevel 9 demo, the viewbob and weapon bob get disabled entirely, it doesn't happen in vanilla or mbf

Issue identified and fixed, thank you for the report!

51 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Is it specific to REKKR SL? Either way, it should be the same issue that's more-or-less randomly affecting Woof 9.0.0, for which a fix was committed. I should merge said fix into Nugget once the next version of Woof is released.

Worth mentioning that, on my side, Doom 2's title music does play in Woof 9.0.0 but not in Nugget 1.8.0, using Fluidsynth obviously.

I would guess it's not specific to REKKR SL, since DSDA-Doom, FDWL, GZDoom, and Woof! play the title theme without any noticeable issue. I can try to see if Nugget will play Doom 2's title music on my end with Fluidsynth, just to see if it replicates what you're referring to.

EDIT: Using Fluidsynth with Nugget, neither Ultimate Doom or Doom 2's title themes seem to work.