Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

Screenshots

Fredrik said:

What would you encrypt and why?

It's not for me, it's just I haven't seen something like that already in a project.

I wasn't refering about Freedoom encryption, Those two are seperate.

Uh, I think you've completely misunderstood what Freedoom is. In order for it to support hi-res sprites, encryption, etc it'd need to be a source port. It's not one of those, it's a TC which works with a wide range of different source ports.

Rellik said:

Why would FREEdoom need encryption?

Freedom is losing its promise. Think about America. Are we really free? Not really. And what about Netzero? It was free in the beginning but now you have to pay like all the others. Tricking people into signing up for free just to pay a ton later. Bastards.

Forget about the encryption, besides HIP "Hide in picture" already does it.

Maybe we should call it FOSSDoom...

Erm anyway on the screenshots front, I'm going to bug cyb and scour through the submissions on vect.org and pick some out. The new site is 99% complete, just tidying up some scripts, then we'll let it loose on you lot.

Jon said:

The new site is 99% complete, just tidying up some scripts, then we'll let it loose on you lot.

Hoooray! Now I feel guilty on not really doing anything on the page... except for fixing a typo, I think :P

You mean the freedoom website right ? Will it have those 3DRisen screenshots I uploaded ?

tony said:

You mean the freedoom website right ? Will it have those 3DRisen screenshots I uploaded ?

I don't think I have access to the FTP server but I've asked fraggle to grab the shots in /incoming on my behalf.

I'm certain we'll stick up your risen3d shots even though we don't support risen3d/jdoom. (maybe we should?)

(There are some issues with risen3d that are seriously add odds with the spirit of our project!)

But Risen3d is boom compatable, if you decide to leave out jdoom, that is understandable. As far as I know, it's far more compatable with risen3d then jdoom, unless you are refering to the map I edit. An any case, thankyou.

Hey, uhh...it feels like I just got to the party and everyone's passed out.

Has the project been abandoned? Where are the screenies? Do you still need sprites? Does anyone care?

TheHighestTree said:

Hey, uhh...it feels like I just got to the party and everyone's passed out.

Has the project been abandoned? Where are the screenies? Do you still need sprites? Does anyone care?

It isn't abandoned although both Fraggle and I haven't given it much attention this last year. We're determined to make a release before 2006 and we'd like it to be a big one.

A sf.net configuration change has busted our wiki, but I'll be on it. We still do need screenies, yes - I got some submitted but they were for ID DOOM2.WAD levels so I didn't think them appropriate.

Sprites are the big problem, YES we need some!

Thats great to see this project have rebirth (even if it never died), i though it was dead, since im an open source whore :) im still very insterrested to contribute.

About spriting it would be great if we could do what ID did with the monsters/objects creation... making 'em of clay or something similar and then take photos, grayscale and then hue them with Freedoom palette... I could give it a try on the revenant when i'll have time. Dont have clay but i guess it's not that hard to find...

I've got a handful of models of alien gray style things (don't ask) which I have taken photos of and might be able to create a sprite from, the imp or arch-vile perhaps.

Oh yeah, http://freedoom.sf.net/screenshots.php actually has something on it now. :)

aww bwut i wanted to redo the imp

Actually I need to experiment with rendering sprites from blender first. I'll be awesome and provide the .blend file with the sprites, that is if i ever am successful

i might also do additional impse frames for wads that require it

Jon: Could you post one or two shots of those "alien gray style things"? I'd like to see if I could make a pixel job after you colored/resized them maybe (im not bad at pixel art)... I observed how doom's sprites was done, they took photos digitalized and retouched the sprites after...

gargoyl : It would be interresting to have baron of hell done soon :D, since you seem good with blender, it would help to finish the first version of freedoom :D.

I'll be working on the missing sceneries sprites, and maybe retouch some others.

I've posted the map i'm working on on WIP
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=680

Well, the makehuman program of the pre alpha beta release has a horn target, that can be import in Blender then do the charater seperate "Cause the emotion effect the horn" Join them then render them, if you plan to do UV mapping there's a good plug-in that was suggested in the makehuman forum that could do that, so you wouldn't have to work with so many quads.

I made a demon target for makehuman would anyone find it usefull ?

makehuman isn't very good to render sprites with, since all the detail won't be seen anyway at small sprite level. It'll also give an absolutely corny and lazy feel to the monster too because the porportions won't match a sprite monster anyway.

i.e. bulletpuff is bigger than your thin legs and arms.

gargoylol is right. The render is only used as a base for the sprite. The details must be added at hand after pixel per pixel. Doom's sprites dont have enough resolution to worth using such programs.

What you mean by porportions not matching ? You don't render it in makehuman, you export it then render it in blender, then turn on "Ortho" to get a full view. Here's an example that I made after I index the color to 16 in Gimp.

What i've done with your model Tony. Finaly it's not bad at all, your model has unestimed potential :D.

gargoylol : wow that model is great, why not remove wings and use it? After some pixel retouch and coloring it would looks almost as good as Doom's sprite.

It's not my model, it's a target that was made with makehuman, if you want me to sumit a 360 view, I can do that.

Well, I did adjust the target to get this, so you know what I mean.

This pixel edited head was more a test than something that could be final...

Ok I understand how makehuman works, you just pass parameters and it generates the humans shapes... interresting... i'll install this on my Linux box.

It would be interresting if you could works on something more round that could create a replacemnt of the cacodemon maybe... :)

I'm sort of busy with a different project, if I get done in time I might.