Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janiform

[Community Project] Doom 2 Minus Doom (30 maps complete!))

2 hours ago, janiform said:

Okay, here's my MAP23:  Abyss. It has difficulty settings implemented-though I may have miscalibrated them- and all the player starts. This will be my first published map, so let me know where the glaring errors are! MAP23_Abyss_-_janiform.zip

it's a good map so far, very petersen-like, but i saw a texture that you forbid, i think MIDGRATE, just letting u know so u can fix

1334460823_Screenshot2023-01-17143221.jpg.4f20762959daf1b875b1b0a61710e13c.jpg
407255263_Screenshot2023-01-17143636.jpg.c52a572f716876963c52cddee3a92c71.jpg

@scientifikgeniusThanks for contributing that great map! I've marked that slot complete. And thanks for noticing me failing to obey my own rules, lol. I've updated the link in my post with a new version - the only difference is that MIDGRATE was replaced by MIDBARS1.

@big smoke Added!

1 hour ago, janiform said:

@scientifikgeniusThanks for contributing that great map! I've marked that slot complete. And thanks for noticing me failing to obey my own rules, lol. I've updated the link in my post with a new version - the only difference is that MIDGRATE was replaced by MIDBARS1.

no problem, man! otherwise great first map, though it is brutal lol. thank you for marking my slot complete

i would say though, the map is a little too strict on supplies, especially the teleport area after getting red key

Edited by scientifikgenius

On 1/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

the objectively best doom2 map

Bro, I love you.

Also... Out of subject :

- I have made minor fixes to my map.

- I made a deathmatch arena, but I'm afraid I'm not good nor sure at all about it...

This should be the definitive edition.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hxpuj5po9dn1p8l/MAP081.2.wad/file

Edited by Bri0che

I'm taking MAP25 and MAP26 with some devilish level ideas. MAP25 will be called "Cavern of Shadows" and use a music track from Heretic. I haven't decided which one though.

10 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

I already did.

Then OP is not up to date.

Claiming whatever Hell slot is available. 

3 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Then OP is not up to date.

Claiming whatever Hell slot is available. 

That would be MAP30. I can give you MAP26 if you don't want MAP30 and in exchange I'll do MAP20 instead.

43 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

That would be MAP30. I can give you MAP26 if you don't want MAP30 and in exchange I'll do MAP20 instead.

Nah, map30 is fine. Claiming it then. 

Sorry I've been away for a bit, there was a family emergency.

@RileyXY1 Claims are limited to one map per person - we don't have many maps left! You've got MAP25. Added!
@Thelokk You can have MAP26, or if you'd rather, MAP30, just let me know!
@PinkFlamingo Added!
@QuillAdded!
@NeedHealth Looks great! Excellent use of Doom 2's brown tones.
@Bri0che Awesome! I think the shifting floors of the DM arena are a cool idea, and fitting for the map. Should I mark this map complete?

11 minutes ago, janiform said:

@Thelokk You can have MAP26, or if you'd rather, MAP30, just let me know!

30 please

1 hour ago, janiform said:

@Bri0che Awesome! I think the shifting floors of the DM arena are a cool idea, and fitting for the map. Should I mark this map complete?

Yes you can ! I'll private message you in any case if I see bugs to correct or changes to make

It's taken me four restarts to realise I've never actually made a techbase level. And now I'm doing it on limited textures. 

It's a learning experience I'm sure

i have a question: are we gonna see our custom level titles in-game? how will that be implemented? kind of an oddly specific question but was curious and wondering

Yes. When I'm compiling everything I'll make a dehacked file or umapinfo or whatever people do in 2023, and make custom level title graphics - I think there's an application that can do that.

11 hours ago, janiform said:

Yes. When I'm compiling everything I'll make a dehacked file or umapinfo or whatever people do in 2023, and make custom level title graphics - I think there's an application that can do that.

You can generate the text with this site. Then rename it to CWILVxx replacing the xx with level number but bare in mind map01 is CWILV00 and everything is shifted one lower

https://c.eev.ee/doom-text-generator/