Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SleepyVelvet

The DWIronman League dies to: Lazarevenant (13 map WIP Demo)

Cat I, died on MAP06 at 57:05 to... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

As shock, chilled a bit and just enjoyed what's going on around me.

For example, making every weapon efficient and usable in its own way and each for each own particular purpose -- I loved that a bunch. WAD developers, please tune dehacked in your projects, otherwise it's almost 30* years of standard deviation of the same :p

dvvlazar.zip

* meh breh, I remember I started my way into Doom speedrunning autumn 2013, so we were celebrating 20th Doom anniversary... Time kills.

Category 1, died on MAP06 at 33:50 with 62/65 monsters dead. Pretty fun set overall, I went through the other maps afterwards and had a pretty good time.

Spoiler

Managed to avoid dying to what I assume the ":) :) :)" refers to, and instead ate a revenant missile right in front of the exit because I wanted to grab some medikits before I left. Once again, greed has gotten the better of me :P

ironmanfeb2023_finnks13.zip

Category 1. Only prep was checking the list of where people died, and of course my name gets thrown on the same pile.

Entered MAP06 at 41:06 and died there with 0/56 kills.

Was really digging the WAD and its music, and then the WAD hits me with

Spoiler

A fucking tunnel lined with sea mines lol. I didn't panic right away, I thought to myself "I'll take it slow, like that underwater section in TMNT on NES. I'm so smart, I'm not going to die like everyone else". And then it looks like the escape is blocked, and a revenant blows up a mine somewhere behind me, I try to squeeze between a revenant missile and exploding mines and die.

Then I realise later that its a joe-ilya mapset, and he wants you to go fast, and it turns out that the tunnel exit isn't blocked, its just a tight squeeze, but I would only figure that out after like 10 additional attempts just to figure out how to do it.

Video here:

I forgot that February has only 28 days so the end of this month snuck up on me.  Heads up. 

Will someone sweep-'Pee off his throne in the final day, or has everyone truly fell prone to the Ilya way.

LazarevenantHC.zip

Category 1

Dead in MAP09 with 102 kills.

Spoiler

The inner sanctum inside the blue castle had this super-ominous buildup to warn of very bad things once the player stepped into the room. I decided to just run for the switch and see what opened up, but all I saw were Arch-Vile flames.

I really liked how the dual-pistols elevated Slot 2 into a vital part of the arsenal. It was quite novel for the weapon to actually outshine the chaingun (which has a different niche) in the majority of situations. The health & ammo supplies could be pretty tight at times but were always adequate. Seems like a pretty fun mapset so far.

Spoiler

It's also pretty clever in the way that it introduces the proximity mines in the E1 finale so that the player gets a demonstration of how they work before encountering them in actual combat during the next episode.