Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WorldMachine

DOOM Classic Redux (A Vanilla enhancement for Classic DOOM)

damn bro, this looks nice. ill totally try this out soon, im a huge fan of vanilla+ stuff when it comes to modding games 

Awesome! Really like the gloves and overall aesthetics

Those imps (aka mini-barons :D) actually so cool considering how vanilla imps were slightly goofy :)

This is meant to FEEL like vanilla DOOM, Vanilla + kinda became it's own thing... so I decided to restrict myself into making an ACTUAL "Vanilla+" and not go too crazy with it before it did become it's own thing.

Basically think of this like a theoretical "Nightdive remaster" of the original Iwads I guess. Just without any of those extra goodies like an "id Vault" or online multiplayer (I'm looking at you, Unity-port!).

Been really thinking of rebalancing the gameplay, but I'm afraid that that would steer away from the original vision of keeping this as faithful to the vanilla experience as possible. What do you guys think, and what would you do to balance the game a bit more?

So I did away and decided to make the BFG cost 80 cells akin to 40. I know way to many people rely upon that thing so I decided to give it a little nerf without removing what makes the BFG great. Do you guys think 80 is to much or too little?

20 minutes ago, Astar said:

deep-thinking.gif

You know what... 80 is actually good :D

Alrighty! Just a question, is there any other minor balance changes you'd make to DOOM?

Was doing some testing, and for whatever reason I get an error when trying to run this in Chocolate Doom that says "R_InitSprites: No patches found for BOS2 frame A". I made sure to load the WAD with the -merge parameter like your batch files suggest, and I get that error regardless. 

I did test it in Crispy and it worked fine, though. Very cool stuff. 

37 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Was doing some testing, and for whatever reason I get an error when trying to run this in Chocolate Doom that says "R_InitSprites: No patches found for BOS2 frame A". I made sure to load the WAD with the -merge parameter like your batch files suggest, and I get that error regardless. 

I did test it in Crispy and it worked fine, though. Very cool stuff. 

Hm... gonna look into that, thanks for the info! Hope you enjoy the mod!

DOOM Classic Complete v1.2

Getting this out tonight before the new hurricane devoids me of electricity (maybe) so I'm not updating the main page until everything is back up and running. Hope you guys enjoy the new update! Wish me luck out here boys! See ya around...

3 hours ago, Firedust said:

So this mod makes no changes to maps right?

Yes.

21 minutes ago, fraggle said:

It would be a good idea to add a gameplay video to the original post.

Bit of a confusing name since it's the name of the Steam package containing the original games.

Yeah, I've been meaning to upload a showcase, just I don't know a good set of maps to properly show it off

2 hours ago, Midway64 said:

And the PSN package too.

Including the BFG edition variant of the source code.

Well I don't care about those, that's console stuff.

I haven't seen anyone modding their console just to play doom wads lol

49 minutes ago, WorldMachine said:

Well I don't care about those, that's console stuff.

I haven't seen anyone modding their console just to play doom wads lol

I still think a different name would be wise, as to help your mod stand out some more.

I mean I already have cemented the name...

How about "DOOM: Classic Complete +"?

Or "DOOM: Classic Remastered"? Idk

Btw, were you able to play the new update in Chocolate @OpenRift?

15 minutes ago, WorldMachine said:

I like DOOM: Classic Collection Plus, it makes sense with the Steam Collection since this works with all of those IWads.

18 minutes ago, WorldMachine said:

What you're suggesting download is not a classic Doom and not Doom remastered. This mean that you don't understand the meaning of these words. 
In addition, these are official names. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_Classic_Complete

7 minutes ago, Individualised said:

How is this not classic Doom? This is a vanilla mod.

Obviously, the seasoning for soup is not soup. And vanilla mod is not а classic Doom.

7 minutes ago, Individualised said:

How is this not classic Doom? This is a vanilla mod.

Right? It runs in DOSBOX, that's as vanilla and classic as it gets? What more does he ask...

1 minute ago, Doomenator said:

Obviously, the seasoning for soup is not soup. And vanilla mod is not а classic Doom.

You put the seasoning in the the soup... who calls the seasoning the soup? This is mod is both the seasoning and the soup. I'm confused... ;-;