Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

New Pictures from Doom Movie!!!!

Xenphire said:

There's two words for people who keep protecting a movie and denying facts

You mean like the "fact" the movie featured a modern day SWAT team? Or the "fact" that the Rock plays the Doom guy? Or perhaps the conflicting "facts" that the movie the planet is set on both goes unnamed throughout the movie, and is repeatedly reffered to as "Oludvai"?

Maybe you have some kind of magical divination device which can remove the BS from the "real" facts, but for everyone else the only way they can know anything about this movie for certain is to have either been involved in filming the movie or to have seen it (or at the very least know a very reliable person who's seen it) - and at the moment in time, no DW regular fits into either of these groups.

Xenphire said:

Hopeless Fanboy.

There are also words for someone who allows a movie he hasn't even seen to provoke such an emotional response within himself, that he believes someone who's expressing an more-or-less neutral point of view and recommending everyone keep an open mind is a hopeless fanboy. "Whiny" and "little" are two of them.

Sorry, but you set yourself right up for that one :P.

Wobbo said:

Its just an advertisement for doom3 which was so linear it might as well have been a movie.

uh. The story progression in Doom3 is no more linear than it is in Doom/2 or most other first person shooters. The level progression is really linear, but less linear than what we're used to seeing in the genre.

Nick Baker aka Nightmare mr Perrin :biggrin: whoops :)

Shaviro said:

uh. The story progression in Doom3 is no more linear than it is in Doom/2 or most other first person shooters. The level progression is really linear, but less linear than what we're used to seeing in the genre.

thats not what i meant, im saying that the entire movie is basically part of the merchandise for doom3, which is ironic in light of the fact that the game itself plays out like an action horror movie

NiGHTMARE said:

All those guys quite clearly did have first hand experience.

What? So your saying Einstien SAW atoms and subatomic phenomena? You cant *have a first-hand account* of an atom its impossible, you cant see gravity either but its still possible to hypothesize and make assumptions based on what you know... excatly as how you can guess based on prior experience that this movie will suck even if you havent seen it.

You dont always need to literally see an event to predict what it will be like if you have a brain - therefore your ridiculous definition of "sheep" includes anyone with an independent brain

Its funny you elaborate on Newton, because one of his biggest philosphy problems was the "mind/body" problem where he found that the whole world is "immaterial" - things clearly act on each other in indirect ways - meaning he has to assume and make *educated guesses* about ALL phenomena (this was before we learned about physics laws etc.) So he really was a sheep by your definition in every aspect of his life

The movie has a 99.999999% of being like every other summer action movie - if you like those you might like it, if not your a "sheep" like me.

Wobbo said:

thats not what i meant, im saying that the entire movie is basically part of the merchandise for doom3, which is ironic in light of the fact that the game itself plays out like an action horror movie

Ah. Well yes they did aim for a movie like experience with Doom3.

You can't expect hollywood to be faithful to the game. Don't even try to think that. To think so is to fill yourself with self-destructive hope that will leave you crushed and further your already teeming loathing for video-game based movies.

All I ask is that you think intelligently about this. Maybe it'll be an alright movie, maybe it'll flop like sandtrout. It can be a good movie in its own right, jsut not compared to the game it's based off of.

Wobbo said:

What? So your saying Einstien SAW atoms and subatomic phenomena? You cant *have a first-hand account* of an atom its impossible, you cant see gravity either but its still possible to hypothesize and make assumptions based on what you know...

You can have first hand experience of atomic theory, i.e. you've personally studied the area. Second hand experience would be if you only knew what other people told you. Clearly Einstein fits into the first category.

You don't have to be able to *see* something to experience it. Quite obviously everyone has first hand experience of gravity.

excatly as how you can guess based on prior experience that this movie will suck even if you havent seen it.

You just proved my exact point for me, thanks! :) Yes you can guess what the movie will be like, but you cannot know what it'll be like. That's precisely what I was getting at.

You dont always need to literally see an event to predict what it will be like if you have a brain - therefore your ridiculous definition of "sheep" includes anyone with an independent brain.

I love it when people argue my case for me. Yes you can predict, guess, estimate, etc about this movie all you like, but you cannot know 100% for certain exactly what it'll be like until you've actually seen it.

Its funny you elaborate on Newton, because one of his biggest philosphy problems was the "mind/body" problem where he found that the whole world is "immaterial" - things clearly act on each other in indirect ways - meaning he has to assume and make *educated guesses* about ALL phenomena (this was before we learned about physics laws etc.) So he really was a sheep by your definition in every aspect of his life.

Your logic is... well, illogical. The only way he could know if things acted on each other in indirect ways is to observe and understand what's happening to these things, meaning he had first hand experience of studying them. If he drew his conclusions based entirely on what other people had told him about all these subjects then yes, he would have been a sheep - but since he did his own studying, he was not.

The movie has a 99.999999% of being like every other summer action movie - if you like those you might like it, if not your a "sheep" like me.

Letting personal prejudice and the opinions of other people guide your life isn't exactly my cup of tea, but to each their own I suppose.

BTW "you're", not "your".

I can't for the life of me figure out why you kids fucking argue over the most trivial retarded shit.

In anycase, we knew this would happen. Stop acting so goddamned suprised. This is hollywood kids, it's conformed for the appeal of the masses, will be nothing of what we expect, etc etc. The only thing related to the damned game will most likely be vague generalities. People with guns fight things that are quite unpleasant etc. Don't expect an interesting plot.

Some of you act as if by them making this movie they are raping a part of your family or some shit. It's just like how I dont understand censorship on tv, if you dont like it, turn it the fuck off. If you don't want your kids to hear it (which they will anyways so stop being such a conservative tight-assed fuckface) then maybe you should spend more time watching what the hell your kids doing, instead of making the world candy coat it for them because OH MY GOD IT MIGHT CORRUPT THEM.

Too bad the real world will do that to them anyways.

Those are my thoughts and screw you if you disagree. =P

DiluteCo said:

I can't for the life of me figure out why you kids fucking argue over the most trivial retarded shit.

That's what I thought at first. Then I realized, they have no lives(nothing better to do with the time). >:D

Actually I'm really looking forward to this movie. It looks like it'll be truly terrible in a hilarious fashion. Usually I don't like seeing really bad movies just for the point of making jokes about everything in them, but I think this one will serve nicely for that. Although this really is off to a great start, I'm a little worried they'll realize how funny some of it is and make nasty cuts. But so far, so good.

Wobbo said:

You can't live off "good" movies alone, ya know ;)

Just like if you eat nothing but health food, you're a boring, uinteresting sap.

DiluteCo said:

This is hollywood kids

As I already said, no it is not. Mostly British cast, mainly European crew, filmed in Prague. This is as much a Hollywood film as Fox is an Australian TV station.

NiGHTMARE said:

As I already said, no it is not. Mostly British cast, mainly European crew, filmed in Prague. This is as much a Hollywood film as Fox is an Australian TV station.

This is as much a Hollywood film as the Pope is a Nazi Catholic.

By your definition the Lord of the Rings Trilogy isn't Hollywood as it was filmed in New Zealand by a director himself born in New Zealand. Star Wars isn't Hollywood as parts of the original trilogy were filmed in Tunisia. In fact, pretty much any movie filmed on location can't be Hollywood.

The Doom movie is a film based on a popular commercial franchise (very Hollywood), financed by a Hollywood studio (Universal), with a wrestler come action star in it's cast (again, very Hollywood). This film is the very definition of a Hollywood summer blockbuster (apart from it being released in October of course).

And yeah, as many people have said, here's hoping it sucks so bad it's good.

No, if a movie is filmed in some other country but the cast and crew are mostly American, then it could still be classed as a Hollywood movie.

However, if a movie is not only not filmed in America, but the majority of the cast and crew aren't American either, then it indeed is not a Hollywood movie.

If you want to believe that being financed by an American company makes a movie a Hollywood movie, then you must apply that logic to everything else. Thus 20th Century Fox is actually an Australian movie company, the Fox and Sky TV networks are Australian TV networks, the Sun, the Times and all the other News Corporation newspapers are Australian newspapers, and so on and so forth. Which is obviousally all a load of bollocks.

As for the other parts of your argument, by that logic if the BBC were to make a movie spin-off of Eastenders with exactly the same cast and crew as normal but with the addition of some British wrestler in the cast, according to you that would be a Hollywood movie. Which once again is clearly utter nonsense.

It's "reaper" or grimm or something, check above posts, its in there somewhere. The Rock is not the doomguy.

I wonder if they'll have the bald sarge (sorry sargebaldy;) when hes is a "tank" mechanoid thing.

The Flange Peddler said:
The Doom movie is a film based on a popular commercial franchise (very Hollywood), financed by a Hollywood studio (Universal), with a wrestler come action star in it's cast (again, very Hollywood). This film is the very definition of a Hollywood summer blockbuster (apart from it being released in October of course).

Indeed... although it possibly may not bust that many a block, so to say.