Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Bethesda E3 Conference - DOOM4 Unveiling

Kaskaum said:

The official version of revenant looks cute compared to this ugly baby. Game devs still fail to render proper-convincing rotten-root meat. This official revenant would be cool if it had proper decaying muscles attatched to its bones, but it doesn't hav it. Maybe due to limitations imposed by them by consoles.

If you think this is cute then I hate to think what you think of the original Cacodemon.

DooM_RO said:

If you think this is cute then I hate to think what you think of the original Cacodemon.

The cacodemon is another thing that really needs a good reimagination in order to look scary-menacing for 2015 standards. I don't like D3 cacodemon either.

It's 2015, there are many games that CAN make something like those pictures.

For example - dead version of Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 (after acid attack). Or old Counter Strike Condition Zero (storymod/singleplayer version) had this. Or Dead Space games...over 9000 of those games.

So, I want to say it's not "the problem" of consoles or video modes. IMO, it's not even a problem, but if we're talking from this point - it's problem of art-designer.

New Revenant, in my opinion of course, looks much better than older versions (from Doom2 and Doom 3).

And this strogg-like Babylord is good like Sabaoth - mini/full boss, not a real enemy, because it would be like Quake 4 (it's good game, but our game is DOOM, no need stroggs and other Quake-related things)

Kaskaum said:

They atempted to deliver a terrifying "peeled" head for this Revenant but compare it to those poor guys that had the skin of their faces peeled by a mexican drug cartel alive, you know that this revenant still is far away to look terrifying as I said, due to hardware limitations:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a49_1387237657

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe1_1426628839

No video game deaths will ever become as morbid and horrifying as real death.

DeXiaZ said:

It's 2015, there are many games that CAN make something like those pictures.

For example - dead version of Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 (after acid attack). Or old Counter Strike Condition Zero (storymod/singleplayer version) had this. Or Dead Space games...over 9000 of those games.

So, I want to say it's not "the problem" of consoles or video modes. IMO, it's not even a problem, but if we're talking from this point - it's problem of art-designer.

New Revenant, in my opinion of course, looks much better than older versions (from Doom2 and Doom 3).

And this strogg-like Babylord is good like Sabaoth - mini/full boss, not a real enemy, because it would be like Quake 4 (it's good game, but our game is DOOM, no need stroggs and other Quake-related things)

I didn't look at the pictures but one very important thing to keep in mind is that there are going to be 10-15 enemies on the screen at once. This means more polys, more particle effects and more movement. Game assets are already made with certain limitations and poly/texture resolution budgets in mind and I suspect this will apply to Doom 4 even more.

Bethesda has revealed its E3 plans:

Bethesda’s Live Stage Show Schedule – South Hall, Booth 623

Tuesday, June 16

1:00pm PT – DOOM: id Software’s executive producer Marty Stratton and art director Hugo Martin provide a look into the next chapter of DOOM. <<<<

2:30pm PT – Fallout 4: Game director Todd Howard sits down for an exclusive interview about Fallout 4.

Wednesday, June 17

11:00am PT – DOOM: A roundtable with id Software’s Marty Stratton, Hugo Martin, general manager Garrett Young and chief tech officer Robert Duffy. <<<<

1:00pm PT – Fallout 4: An exclusive panel discussion with Todd Howard, lead designer Emil Pagliarulo, lead artist Istvan Pely and lead producer Jeff Gardiner.

4:00pm PT – Battlecry: An inside look at the game with Battlecry Studios design director Lucas Davis executive producer Rich Vogel.

Thursday, June 18

11:00am PT - DOOM: id Software’s Marty Stratton sits down for a special interview that dives into DOOM’s strong community and the developer’s plans for getting players involved. <<<<

1:00pm PT – Bethesda Softworks: PR boss Pete Hines will recap Bethesda’s E3 and discuss what’s next for the publisher and its studios.

3:00pm PT -Battlecry: An even deeper look at the game’s maps and character classes with visual design director Victor Antonov, Lucas Davis and Rich Vogel.

Touchdown said:

11:00am PT - DOOM: id Software’s Marty Stratton sits down for a special interview that dives into DOOM’s strong community and the developer’s plans for getting players involved. <<<<

WOAH THERE MATE, this is getting serious!

I have nothing against Brutal Doom or even its community but I CERTAINLY hope it is not the only community Id will involve.

Things are going to get reaaaally interesting in the next few weeks; I just know it.

I just noticed something. How is BJ gonna see sitting behind the Cyberdemon? Really, how is anyone gonna see sitting behind the cyber on the previous rows?

...Houston, we have a problem.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/05/bethesda-announces-additional-e3-details-including-fallout-4-panel-with-todd-howard.aspx

It has the same information Touchdown has posted, right?
Now, here's this (lowest part of that page).

"We've reached out to Bethesda to inquire about whether these will be streamed. We'll update should we receive a response.

Update: Bethesda tells us these sessions will not be streamed."

...will not be streamed.

...WILL NOT BE STREAMED.

Really, Bethesda? AYFKM?

What's the point of having a session about the Doom community if the Doom community can't watch it?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!! I wanna see the fucking game already!

Rip and tear :(

Xaser said:

What's the point of having a session about the Doom community if the Doom community can't watch it?

That is pretty baffling.

I wonder if anyone from the Doom community was actually asked to take part in this.

Touchdown said:

Want to bet that to id "DOOM's strong community" is Brutal Doom?

Ouch... Hopefully not to the point of exclusivity. My expectations are pretty low, though.

That's it. I had hype for DOOM 4, but I'm finally fucking dropping it.
So long Bethesfuck, hope you crash and burn like you deserve, you exclusive
gated community shitheads.

Are they kidding? What the hell is this? After an entire year, the game is still not ready to be shown to the public? This is unbelievable.

Wait, are they going to show the interviews and gameplay videos after E3, or are they just not going to show them at all like they did with Quakecon last year? I am not sure I quite understand.

Well, the only thing I hope that may happen - someone'll record these panels, and upload them to YouTube (maybe even Bethesda themselves). At least nobody have said that DOOM presentation on E3 will be closed one, right?

Dude, if they do not show this game after promising a worldwide gameplay reveal in the teaser, that will just be the ultimate "FUCK YOU" that the Doom community has ever received from the developers. This is just pure bullshit.

I'm pretty sure they will be releasing the trailer and some glimpses, otherwise they wouldn't have released that teaser when they did. Stay positive folks, I know it's difficult but we may very well be rewarded. If not, well...

Touchdown said:

11:00am PT - DOOM: id Software’s Marty Stratton sits down for a special interview that dives into DOOM’s strong community

I am sure this will be not at all infuriating

DooM_RO said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!! I wanna see the fucking game already!

Rip and tear :(

The Civ said:

That's it. I had hype for DOOM 4, but I'm finally fucking dropping it.
So long Bethesfuck, hope you crash and burn like you deserve, you exclusive
gated community shitheads.

doom_is_great said:

Dude, if they do not show this game after promising a worldwide gameplay reveal in the teaser, that will just be the ultimate "FUCK YOU" that the Doom community has ever received from the developers. This is just pure bullshit.

doom_is_great said:

Are they kidding? What the hell is this? After an entire year, the game is still not ready to be shown to the public? This is unbelievable.

Wait, are they going to show the interviews and gameplay videos after E3, or are they just not going to show them at all like they did with Quakecon last year? I am not sure I quite understand.

Guys, calm down.

The E3 conference is being streamed. That's where the gameplay reveal is occurring. It's the round-table discussions that might not be streamed.

Linguica said:

I am sure this will be not at all infuriating

Why are you expecting it to be infuriating?

ChickenOrBeef said:

The E3 conference is being streamed. That's where the gameplay reveal is occurring. It's the round-table discussions that might not be streamed.

Good. Still have something to look forward to next weekend.

Touchdown said:

Want to bet that to id "DOOM's strong community" is Brutal Doom?

I like Brutal Doom, but if they think that their fan community consists of nothing but Brutal Doom, then that shows that they really do not know their community. There is a lot of other awesome mods and wads out there that are very well made and are extremely high quality.

doom_is_great said:

I like Brutal Doom, but if they think that their fan community consists of nothing but Brutal Doom, then that shows that they really do not know their community. There is a lot of other awesome mods and wads out there that are very well made and are extremely high quality.

Much agreed, I'm dismayed at the direction id's attention is focused. Remember what makes up the Doom community, guys.