I want to believe everyone shares my opinion

Lycaon said:

I want to believe everyone shares my opinion

Sorry to burst your bubble but i totally like dont share your opinion maaan

Sodaholic said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but i totally like dont share your opinion maaan

The Dude, is that you?

Lycaon said:

You all agree that was total bullshit right? RIGHT? I couldn't imagine a lousier gore system. Everything looked so incredibly weak and lightweight. This game was treated just like shadow warrior and duke nukem 3d. Cheap ass engine with generic ambiance and a total ignorance of the game's original concept. Also my worst fear came true: once again, just like doom 3, the demon hellspawn of classic imaginary demons combined with sci fi cyborg stuff was replaced by some sort of genetically evolved realistic species that developed in a different planet and therefore all look alike (and boring). Everything was really just like Doom 3, and I hated that game.

So yeah, this sucks.

I totally share your opinion, and I think anyone with a different opinion should be ridiculed and banned from the forums without mercy.

I also think that the Doomworld owners should pay everyone $0.50 every time they post on the forums.

I would love to see him program that engine, model those models, program the gameplay and motion physics, direct the lighting of the environments, and then restart all of that untill he has a finished product.

"A cheap ass engine" like this is way beyond most people, or even hobby programers their grasp to design and create. Unless one is a carmac type of programming genius whom could create an engine close to this in two years time... good luck.

Quote about the engine ;

This was custom built for doom. for high quality and high framerate. and the framerate... we dont usualy aim for this.

Writing an engine is insanely time consuming.

I am proud to brag about how I myself used to work on my own 3D engine but switched to Unreal Engine 4 eventually.

I had the graphics for my masters thesis but not the networking, sound, physics, etc... The whole thing is single threaded whereas the IdTech engine is a masterpeice of multithreaded programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTeRJeNeA8

RottKing said:

I think the main problem here is that there's a large opportunity that was missed. The hellknights should have big swinging dicks, and if you perform a cinematic attack on them, you beat them off and they get sent back to hell. However if you get too close and they grab you, they should perform a cinematic attack of their own where they fuck your face in first person. This would be intense because QTEs will be included in such situations, such ass supressing your gag reflex, sucking their dick better to make the event go by faster (thus taking less damage), and being able to properly swallow the pint of demon semen that gets shot down your throat. This is by far the most disappointing aspect of Doom 4 and I hope Bethesda will remedy this.

Water everywhere.. that's what I fucking get for reading a Rottking post while drinking water.

RottKing said:

I think the main problem here is that there's a large opportunity that was missed. The hellknights should have big swinging dicks, and if you perform a cinematic attack on them, you beat them off and they get sent back to hell. However if you get too close and they grab you, they should perform a cinematic attack of their own where they fuck your face in first person. This would be intense because QTEs will be included in such situations, such ass supressing your gag reflex, sucking their dick better to make the event go by faster (thus taking less damage), and being able to properly swallow the pint of demon semen that gets shot down your throat. This is by far the most disappointing aspect of Doom 4 and I hope Bethesda will remedy this.

In order to uphold a high level of graphic maturity it would be even better if you could send them flying with a rocket just like in the severed imp cock addon that somebody made for Nash's Gore

It was a terrible letdown, yes, we are in 2004 again, it feels like we have to wait for another 10 years to see if those motherfuckers understood what Doom is.
As I said in other post, this is Doom3 with brutal doom, that means, the blend of two ways to depart form what classic doom is.

Combat: inexistent, monsters pop in front fo the player in small amounts. No hitscanners, no shots from windows or different heights, no pressure from many sides. Lame slow combat with many shots to get rid of a weakling

Music: Is there any music?

Level design: Squareish rooms and linear progression, monochromatic textures, generic metal bridges, the same we saw in doom3. It felt more like a base from the aliens movie. No Doom here, not a hint of interesting room shapes, exploration encouragement, optional sections, etc.

Monsters: just like the doom3 ones but even worse. The cyberdemon is just not it, the hell knight hornless again, every monster is gray.

Gore: it's well done, but I don't care about it, I don't think I'm going to use the fatalities unless they made me save some ammo.

Overall it feels like the developers understood Doom as just a "gore factor" and they applied that concept to a generic modern FPS.

Need I remind you that the original Doom was also accused of being a gratuitous gore fest, capitalizing on cheap animated violence and tons of splatter action? ;-)

What about kidnapping John Carmack, John Romero and the others of the original team and force them to make a new doom game? pointing them with guns 24 hours until the game is finished. 100 maps at least. ;)

nicolas monti said:

It was a terrible letdown, yes, we are in 2004 again, it feels like we have to wait for another 10 years to see if those motherfuckers understood what Doom is.
As I said in other post, this is Doom3 with brutal doom, that means, the blend of two ways to depart form what classic doom is.

Combat: inexistent, monsters pop in front fo the player in small amounts. No hitscanners, no shots from windows or different heights, no pressure from many sides. Lame slow combat with many shots to get rid of a weakling

Music: Is there any music?

Level design: Squareish rooms and linear progression, monochromatic textures, generic metal bridges, the same we saw in doom3. It felt more like a base from the aliens movie. No Doom here, not a hint of interesting room shapes, exploration encouragement, optional sections, etc.

Monsters: just like the doom3 ones but even worse. The cyberdemon is just not it, the hell knight hornless again, every monster is gray.

Gore: it's well done, but I don't care about it, I don't think I'm going to use the fatalities unless they made me save some ammo.

Overall it feels like the developers understood Doom as just a "gore factor" and they applied that concept to a generic modern FPS.

Finally someone who thinks beyond "oh, shiny"

John Romero is already making a new FPS game on his own time.

And I'd rather John Carmack is kept far away from any project, he doesn't give 2 fucks how good a game is nowadays as long as it can be used as a showcase for whatever bizarre feature of the day he's added to his engine. He's better off in the tech industry.

Lycaon said:

Finally someone who thinks beyond "oh, shiny"

I swear some of you guys are fucking blind and deaf. No music? Combat inexistent? Then you post those lame vids with old Doom sfx slapped on the demo. Grow the fuck up.

Lycaon said:

Finally someone who validates my opinion, that proves everyone else here is a small-minded kid with zero attention span.

FTFY.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd mildly bothered.

Lycaon said:

You all agree that was total bullshit right? RIGHT? I couldn't imagine a lousier gore system. Everything looked so incredibly weak and lightweight. This game was treated just like shadow warrior and duke nukem 3d. Cheap ass engine with generic ambiance and a total ignorance of the game's original concept. Also my worst fear came true: once again, just like doom 3, the demon hellspawn of classic imaginary demons combined with sci fi cyborg stuff was replaced by some sort of genetically evolved realistic species that developed in a different planet and therefore all look alike (and boring). Everything was really just like Doom 3, and I hated that game.

So yeah, this sucks.

Spoiler

I'm just glad that I finally got to actually see something. The game looked plenty satisfactory to me - nice fast-paced(ish) gameplay, no modern military shooter bullshit, cool-looking demon designs, weapons that appeared satisfying to use. I have no complaints whatsoever and can't wait for the game to come out.