Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Caught the original Tremors on TV this Saturday.  I forgot how enjoyable this stupid B movie is.

5 hours ago, thomasthetankengine said:

star wars episode 1. swa it on disney plus.. i lost interest after Anikan's race though.

Have you tried spinning? That's a good trick.

I saw John Wick Chapter 4 a few days ago, thought it was super good even though a lot people seem to consider it the weakest.

Edited by S4turn : accidentally lied about how long ago i saw it

Batman Returns, on a whim. I really don't think I'd seen it since the 90s.

It comes across really weird now but eh, Christopher Walken, Michelle Pfieffer in S&M leather got me through. 

Saw pretty much all of the Child's Play films except for the Chucky TV series and the 2019 reboot (which I'm halfway through watching). I think Child's Play 3 is a bit underrated, Child's Play 2 might be my favorite and I quite like Curse of Chucky.

I saw Spider-Man : Across The Spider-Verse on Friday and it was really fun. I loved the new Spider-People they introduced and the Spot is an unexpectedly effective villain. Really my only complaint is that it feels like it relies a little heavily on references; I know this is part of the appeal of a multiverse movie but

Spoiler

Yes, Sony, I DO remember that you made Venom and The Amazing Spider-Man. Yes, Sony, I DO remember that one of your game studios made two Spider-Man games and have a third coming out this year. Yes, Sony, I DO remember Spectacular Spider-Man. 

Alice, Sweet Alice (1976) also known as Communion.

I have to say this is a great horror movie, the kind that has a real nasty streak to it; but made at a time when slashers were not formulaic gorefests. If you like Black Christmas, definitely give this movie a shot, it's kind of got a similar bleakness, and groundedness to it.

Dr. Strangelove.

A magnificent parody about the bomb and the insanity that goes on in the halls of power.

I just got back from watching Spider Man: Across the Spider-Verse. That was a really good movie. Beautifully animated and a banger soundtrack.

Edited by Lizardcommando

Guardians 3. Was a good silly time. Felt like the old school Marvel that seemingly died with Endgame.

The new little mermaid was possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

Not since waterboarding has water been so heavily involved as torment, and every producer on this film SHOULD, frankly, be waterboarded.

Yes, I went in because I have an infected tooth right now and wanted to focus my pain on something else, but now my tooth hurts AND I saw little mermaid, so now I'm taking psychic damage.

2 hours ago, TMD said:

The new little mermaid was possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

You need to have watched Things (1989) first before you can claim such a thing.

13 hours ago, Rudolph said:

You need to have watched Things (1989) first before you can claim such a thing.

Worst I think is kind of always subjective. Like I know Big Rigs Over the Road racing is a worse game technically than Bioshock Infinite, but Big Rigs doesn't have a story that is competently executed yet repungnant, stupid and the thing that makes that game the worst game I have ever played, because the gameplay is basically neutral, I found it to be of very little worth good or bad. Big Rigs isn't going to stir those kind of emotions in me. This is why Man of Steel is the worst movie I've ever seen because it would take something special to piss me off more than that did. 

3 hours ago, hybridial said:

Worst I think is kind of always subjective.

Oh, I know. I was just teasing. :P

I still challenge anyone to watch Things (1989) and not come out as more appreciative of the talent and craft that went into making any other movie, even an utterly forgettable and unnecessary live-action remake of a B-tier Disney movie. Because as the Monty Python used to say:

Edited by Rudolph

I recently saw Tusk (2014). It was alright in my opinion; not the best film Kevin Smith made, but it has a decent story.

Spoiler

The film deals with an arrogant podcaster (Justin Long) who travels to Canada for an interview, and in the process meets an eccentric retired sailor (Michael Parks) with dark plans related to his obsession with a walrus named Mr. Tusk.

Tusk_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

The Cabin in the Woods. I recognized the actor they used for Markus in Detroit: Become Human right away.

Antman: Quantumania

220px-Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp_Quantumania_p

I paused at the 56 min mark to get some food, saw that there was 120 min left in the film and let out an audible sigh. If you are a fan of the MCU you can probably find something in here to enjoy, but I found this movie to be devoid of anything even resembling substance. It's more of the tired Marvel witty dialog schtick, leaning even harder into the sci-fi elements of the comics, but not utilizing any of said elements in any meaningful way. I disliked this movie so much, that I went back and watched Batman Returns and Thor: Ragnarock just to make sure that I didn't suddenly hate comics and superhero stuff. Just so many confusing choices, in dialog and dialog delivery, visual effects, characters introductions, the list goes on. Speaking of visual effects, I did enjoy the living homes. Its a goofy concept, and their design was both interesting and fun. That and they are one of the only things that stuck with me after watching it, there just isn't allot here that's memorable. On that note I give it ten living homes out of ten. A visually over the top film, filled with goofy ideas that are never executed properly.