Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

Custom Monster Sprites that are possibly useful?

I've some abandonned crap that i never finished from a while ago that i picked up ago recently. Perhaps these will be useful for FreeDoom?

(Caco maybe?)

Of course these are still not finished. But I'll continue to add stuff here and upate them as I work on the sprite sheets.

boris said:

Looks awesome. Unfortunately I have the feeling we will never see it finished :(

Only the death frames remain, i'll just need 6 (5?) for it to be enough to replace the Cacodemon.

What about a red version as Caco and the green one with moving tendrils as pain elemental.

This is a really nice sprite. I agree that recoloring it to cover both the caco and the pain elemental is a good idea.

Is there a lost soul already in FreeDoom? It would be better if the Pain elemental actually fits the design of the Lost Soul. I have a design idea for the PE, but i'll wait until I see the FreeDoom Lost Soul (if it exists) first.

At any rate, the sprite's i'm showing you is only the base that will be used for my own personal uses. I'll make an alternate version for the Cacodemon with some recolors and edits (most likely gonna remove the tendrils and replace them with spikes or something. Wont take very long, since the caco has so few frames to work on.

Ezxariarch said:

Is there a lost soul already in FreeDoom?

There is one, but last I checked it was missing frames and I don't know if the person who originally drew the ones that do exist will ever finish it.

JIC, the sprites in the OP have been preserved by the Wayback Machine:

Google's search-by-image gives only one lead to this post, which apparently had a single frame (Google cache).

Hopefully the author still has the other frames (?).

man ive been looking for those sprites since forever!

i'll ask eriance if he has the other frames, but i suspect thats one of the sprites he lost in the hdd crash, since it wasnt in the abandoned DE concepts he realesed

EDIT

got eriance's reply, he says those frames are the only ones that where done