Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Favourite custom monster

The Evil Marine from Scythe 2 is my favorite <3

I like also the Afrit but too bad he generate a bug with the spawn shooter because he use his frames on Scythe 2 :(

I like the Dark Imps. They're like the next-gen of Doom Imps, making their race a bit more respectable.

What I haven't met is the magician monster who can turn their enemy into an animal.

Is there any good plain ZDoom wad with old-school (not heavily scripted) gameplay, that harmoniously uses realm667 monsters along with the Doom (2) default ones?

printz said:Is there any good plain ZDoom wad with old-school (not heavily scripted) gameplay, that harmoniously uses realm667 monsters along with the Doom (2) default ones? [/B]

There isnt as far as I know. Oldschool mappers usualy hate everything that isnt oldschool (like new monsters) and others make insane scripted maps. Only way to play oldschool map with new monsters is to use a monster replacement mod. I would like to see something like Mosters! comunity project that will use new mosters on maximum.

Inferno said:

Get me nome Afritz nao

I'm not sure you mean it, with words like those the mods wouldn't be sure to replace your name.

printz said:

What I haven't met is the magician monster who can turn their enemy into an animal.

That's a pretty cool idea, you might see that in the future.

Anyway, I like those Lion monsters from kdizd with the shields.

zap610 said:

That's a pretty cool idea, you might see that in the future.

Anyway, I like those Lion monsters from kdizd with the shields.

The monster you're thinking of is the Hell Warrior, I think. Those are pretty cool too. At first I thought they felt too Hexenish and fantasy-like and not demonic/Doomy enough, but the behavior is interesting and complex with its use of the shield, and the sprites are awesome, so I can't complain. :p

EDIT:

Is there any good plain ZDoom wad with old-school (not heavily scripted) gameplay, that harmoniously uses realm667 monsters along with the Doom (2) default ones?

KDiKDiZD! :D

Looking at the annihilator from this website makes me think a cool mod of the Cyb would be instead of giving him another cannon on his free arm, give him a big shield. so the only time you can hit him is when he is firing. The rest of the time his big ass shield would just block whatever you throw his way.

Does the annihilator replace the cyb or is there some other way I need to get him into the game?

Hellbent: type 'summon annihilator' in the console and it will appear right in front of you. (so you may not want to do it in front of a wall.)

Mine are 1500 hp Afrit (such as found in DVII), Archon of hell, perhaps Bruiser Demon. Than something like Catharsi or Hell Warrior, basically any monster that bears no resemblance to regular monsters found in doom like anihilator, cacolich, dark imp, inferno etc., which are more or less just recolorings of old regular monsters.

Oh yeah, the kamikazes, I like them too.

I was playing around with Sucide Bombers in Night of the Homeless yesterday. They're so worthless. They scream and sound like "SPARTA" sorta thing, but even when they explode and look as if they do massive amounts of damage, the regular hobo just shrugs it off :P

Let me introduce to yall my newest monster still under developement: Rocnotron.

Double speeded heavyweight arachnotron relative that fires tracer rockets at an annihilating rate. It got more health and is imune to radius damages. Can, and WILL teleport in additional arachnotrons for helping them out. Massive death spawning BFG balls in it's direction. The middle picture is a shot when being annihilated by one Rocnotron. Last but not least, the right picture: One rocnotron down!