Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to start a mapping session which will last one month. And it's going to be something I want to do every Summer. It is called Slaughterfest. All you mappers (including myself) who love slaughtermaps will come together and spend a few weeks making nothing but slaughtermaps. Any theme, any size, but they must be focused on the heat of slaughter-style battles. Just post if you're interested and I'll pick a date to start.

-DH85

THESE MAPS MUST BE BOOM COMPATIBLE!

Current mappers:

Me (DoomHero85)
TheSpazztikOne :1 map complete
Deathfactoryx
Zom-B
Phml :1 map complete
Odd-o-matic :3 maps complete
Eternal Slumber :1 map complete
Eponasoft
dannebubinga :1 map complete
Olympus
gggmork :2 maps complete
Icytux
ArmouredBlood
Truedude - map is unfinished, if anyone wants to fix it up. go ahead
Grain of Salt :1 map complete
Philnemba :1 map, but incomplete. Someone may finish it if they want.

Update: Slaughterfest 2011 is on idgames

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16724

I've tried my hand at making one before - might give it a go when you get started. We'll see how I'm doing for time at the time.

I'm not a mapper but I'm a fan of slaughterfest maps. Count me in as a player/demo recorder :)

The mapping will be one month long, but in that month you can make as many maps for this as you want. Oh yeah, any textures and music are fine too. I guess we'll start now since i've gotten a few responses :)

Go for Deathevokation: I agree with the gothic + slaughter = sex, also add Psyren textures and Shadowcaster textures for more sex.

What do you need for more info phobosdeimos1?

I'm in, since a month sounds like a long enough period to find some free time for mapping.

I'll try to make something with revenants and chaingunners. Oh, yes, many revenants and chaingunners.

DoomHero85 said:

What do you need for more info phobosdeimos1?

Where to send/upload submissions, any specific rules and exactly what texture packs we're meant to use and where to get them.

For now, is it just sending you pms with possible maps? It'd be cool to see an example if you've made one already

Umm. Any texture packs or music from anywhere, midi only of course. Slaughtermaps are like Sunder, Newgothic, HR, HR2, DV, DV II. I've made a few speedmaps that are slaughter style but use the few wads i mentioned before as a benchmark for quality. I will make a longer build time one for this though. Put up your work on this thread. Make them either Doom2/Boom format. No zdoom features please.

I kinda made a slaughter map as it has around 400 monsters, it's called Hellbrary.

Make another, and I'm hoping everyone will try for a map with 1000+ monsters. In fact, let's push further, let's beat Holy Hell and go towards 20K monsters :) Am i crazy, Yes.

I actually wouldn't mind testing those maps, since I'm a fan of the slaughtermaps. (Except for the Sunder ones, those are a bit too slow-paced to be honest)

DoomHero85 said:

Make another, and I'm hoping everyone will try for a map with 1000+ monsters. In fact, let's push further, let's beat Holy Hell and go towards 20K monsters :) Am i crazy, Yes.

Are you crazy? You you are.
Are You evil? yes you are.
Are you damn right? You'd sure as Hell better be.
i'm working on the map more. Tell ya when it's almost finished.

I'm making a map that's currently at 222 monsters, and I'm considering it only 2%-3% complete. I plan on surpassing Holy Hell in monsters by at least a third.

Update: I've passed 2,000 a couple minutes ago.

I guess my map would be a bit of a Map01 type deal. It's supposed to be modeled after earlier Doom and Doom 2 IWAD maps. nothing too detailed, yet it still looks like a good level. Here's some screenshots:

(Note: this map is not yet finished. If anyone could help me by putting linedefs that lower walls, that'd be much appreciated. I'd love to put some evil traps in here.)