Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Favorit powerups in (FPS) games.

So I am curious about what type of powerup you enjoy when playing predominantly FPS games, or optionally what kind of powerup would you think would be cool to play with that you haven't come across yet?

I've been thinking about it a lot myself, and a lot of my favorit powerups are mostly interchangeable or variations of the same theme. Like Tome of Power and Quad damage, while different in many ways, they do offer the player a boosted sense of power.

I would like the tome of power as a powerup, I got all kinds of tomes that are used in my heretic RPG which i'am already making, I got a tome of protection, stealth, fear, shrapnel, summoning etc

Rapid fire from Dusk, is like Quad Damage, but with full speed instead of damage, shotting shotguns with the speed of a pistol , or a rocket launcher with the speed of a AA12 is really great,

Quad Damage from Quake, I love easily turning enemies into gibblets with the SSG after picking one up.

i like strife's portable rad suit =P boring i know

im not a fan of splashy power-ups really i like more organic level-appropriate stuff

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was the quad damage.

Also the Hexen 2 Force Cube and the Defender Sphere from Quake 2 - Ground Zero. I like the idea of an item zapping my enemies.

The Disc of Repulsion. I never used to use them but one day I figured out you can blast scorpions and things into lava or get enemies to fight one another.

Can't think of anything else right now. Need sleep.

Edited by Doom_Dude

Yeah I love the disc of repulsion myself. problem is that it only works in games where you got item inventories.

It could be interesting to have a powerup which makes you grow to twice your normal size, which restricts your movement options but gives you double or triple the damage, perhaps even the ability to step on small enemies and squish them.

7 hours ago, andrewj said:

It could be interesting to have a powerup which makes you grow to twice your normal size, which restricts your movement options but gives you double or triple the damage, perhaps even the ability to step on small enemies and squish them.

like in Tazmania for Genesis

DooM 2 Megasphere

Go from having your arms blown off with both of your legs broken and your head bleeding profusely to spontanious god-tier healing and kitted out with top of the line armour, all without paying any medical bills!