Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fai1025

[DONE] DOOMIUM II: A Community Project focusing on Short and Frantic Maps (BOOM+UMAPINFO)

3 hours ago, Misty said:

I'm leaving my slot, past few weeks I'm fighting my tiredness and depression and I barely touched the builder. Sorry. 

Hope you feel better soon!

Can I switch my slot to slot 13?
I can't confirm for sure that it will work out but I have an idea I want to roll with.

I would be interested in taking the map 24 slot as I see that ones open. The theme is right up my alley aswell.

1 hour ago, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

@fai1025 I see there's an open slot. If @Raith138 wants to take map13, I can take their map18. How's that sound, chief?

sure, but I haven't get an answer from Raith why he want to switch to map 13, and is the theme gonna fit, so I'll definitly give you the slot but not 100% gonna be map 18 or 13

Just an update, completed most of map so I'm moving on to monsters.

image.png.20ba7260460590079b2126cd2f904828.png

I will have to withdraw my map from the project, because of some time constraints I'm facing right now, I have a full layout, but it is way too simple and straight-forward, so I have two options, share my layout to someone to finish it, or rather yield the slot to someone else to come up with a brand new idea.

Apologies in advance.

MAP NAME: Caco Gardens (E5MAPSECRET)
MIDI: Stuart Rynn - d_assaul.mid (Not sure of the actual name; I got it from Jimmy's Jukebox)
DESCRIPTION: By sheer accident, you stumble upon a hidden, lost place. The implication of an ancient civilization adopting Cacos as pets is too scary to think about; so gear up, visit the three Caco gardens and get out of there.

The map is still in beta, some future changes are planned, like including co-op spawns and tweaking difficulty. Just thought I'd bump the thread with a fresh release.

DMIUM2_E5_MAPSECRET_BETA1.rar

52 minutes ago, DeetOpianSky said:

What's the timeframe for submissions on this ? (apologies if answered earlier in thread).

wdym by timeframe? if you mean deadlines, it could be extended, but for now it's February 29th.

Won't be able to work on this as I have too much on my plate right now (and I'd like to focus on my Nova IV map). Sorry.

Put in in coach. I'll take the Map22 slot

Edit: I actually hadn't read @Gothic's post before I made mine, but I'll happily pick up the 24 slot instead.

Edited by ABearInThaWoods

super excited to see all the work you guys put in~

On 1/5/2024 at 9:08 PM, fai1025 said:

MAP05 midi of FreeDoom2

Heh, just noticed this and I feel obligated to say it: please credit this as "Under Maintenance" by Lola Harvey (@Blueworrior) instead!

3 hours ago, Enzo Carozza said:

Heh, just noticed this and I feel obligated to say it: please credit this as "Under Maintenance" by Lola Harvey (@Blueworrior) instead!

Noted

I have not forgotten about this but I have been working on other stuff.

I will be finishing my map soon.

I might have to drop out for MAP17. I've been stubbornly commited trying to make an idea work out but just haven't been able to make any significant progress nor satisfied with any of my results so far. It's reached a point I've stopped having any fun mapping at the moment, especially as the deadline now closes in and my mind is elsewhere right now. Apologises for leaving it so late with this update.

@fai1025 If the E4 M17 slot is open, I'd like to take it. Given the proximity of the deadline, it'll have to be a small - but that should be fine given the project's premise :)

7 hours ago, stochastic said:

@fai1025 If the E4 M17 slot is open, I'd like to take it. Given the proximity of the deadline, it'll have to be a small - but that should be fine given the project's premise :)

sure, but you'll have to include a secret exit in your level, given the assuming status of others progress. 

10 hours ago, fai1025 said:

sure, but you'll have to include a secret exit in your level, given the assuming status of others progress. 

No problem! Here's what I've got cooking so far. Based off a room I made a few months ago. Kinda straddles the line between tech and industrial, but I think it should fit within the episode.

doom24.png.48f0996221d9e2f08de5d5712e592cf9.png

Dropping in to apologize for disappearing, and for not posting any progress shots in this thread but only in the what are you working on thread!
I'm still on board. I just haven't been feeling it when it comes to mapping or even playtesting lately.

I finally got around to finishing this and I am quite happy with how it turned out.
Name: Temple of Iramyne

Multiplayer: Yes

Playtime: ~10 minutes

MIDI: Ominous Lights by Emperor S P O O N (There is no mapinfo lump so it does not play in gzdoom)

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-02-21 111001.png

DOOMIUM18.zip

Edited by Raith138