Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 3 - a Episode 3 Community Project with a twist (idgames ready!)

E3M8 - This was a decent final map, however the main meat of the map is by far the best section of this one with the action generally being frantic but fair. A nice void/hell sandbox area with some interesting ideas and fairly easy to navigate.

However the boss fights are a let down;

The cyber fight is very mundane and the lift is probably too long for its own good. Another issue with this set up is you can sit on the spawn point and subsequently ride to the top unopposed. This could do with some serious work, if you can get the cyber to reliably teleport in I would bring some more monsters into the mix to make the fight harder.

The Spider is again very simple, it could do with some other opposition on the walls surrounding the main arena. 

Overall a good effort, but the ending could do with some work to prevent this from going out on a whimper.

Overall this was a mixed bag, but generally the quality was above par. Given the theme I could wish that some really went harder on the void theme and at times I hoped that the gameplay was a little more engaging. Another issue is the wad is very inconsistent regarding the difficulty with E3M4 being the hardest followed by E3M5. 

Favourite maps, probably E3M5 followed by E3M3. E3M4 is an honorable mention for the sheer scale and ambition on show (Even if I found it a bit hit and miss).

Real fun episode overall, genuinely nice mix of styles with each author. By the way it's not possible to get 100% secrets on E3M7 because of sector 57.

Grats on winning a runner-up, guys!

This is the best DS episode yet for sure! I am very much excited for E4 whenever that comes out :)

This was a great episode!  I'll have to check out the previous two episodes in this series sometime.

I did have a question - E3M6's music in the text file is listed as "growls_then_bites.mid from LauraMIDI pack".  What is this midi pack?  I tried to search for it but couldn't find anything.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:23 AM, Vile said:

I did have a question - E3M6's music in the text file is listed as "growls_then_bites.mid from LauraMIDI pack".  What is this midi pack?  I tried to search for it but couldn't find anything.

Many time has passed, and I can ask the same question. The only what I can find on my hard drive is the folder with MIDIs contain that track and has timestamps by the 2013. It also contains some midi tracks by @pcorf, if you opens them with SLADE3 and look at the midi information window.

I uploaded it just in case, maybe somebody knows where it comes from: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rzks42u3neg33v7/LauraMIDI_pack.zip/file

22 hours ago, riderr3 said:

Many time has passed, and I can ask the same question. The only what I can find on my hard drive is the folder with MIDIs contain that track and has timestamps by the 2013. It also contains some midi tracks by @pcorf, if you opens them with SLADE3 and look at the midi information window.

I uploaded it just in case, maybe somebody knows where it comes from: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rzks42u3neg33v7/LauraMIDI_pack.zip/file

Ahh thank you!  I'll have a listen to this stuff.  I'm always looking for more midi music. :)