Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 3 - a Episode 3 Community Project with a twist (idgames ready!)

3 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Can't wait to test this out once all the maps are released.

Going by the time it took the last time.

Spoiler

1 year

13 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

Going by the time it took the last time.

Hide contents

1 year

I can wait. (that 'can't wait' I wrote earlier wasn't meant to be taken literally) I have a lot of patience.

The only problem is that I'll possibly forget this project by the time we get all the maps up & running.

Or not. We'll see.

I need your advice, Walter Confetti. I really like this kind of project, but I'm not hiding the fact that I really want to release this map as a stand-alone too.

But I don't want to take this map out of the project, which would mean that the map will be released twice. The only difference is that I'll put a different titlepic and music for the titlepic and the intermission.

I don't want to be disrespectful to the contributors of this project so I ask: Can I do what I want  immediately before the release of the project or should I wait?

Mmmm... if nothing changes expect of intermission and interpic, i will want to say to wait, but if you make some changes to the map then release it.

@Roofi 

I played your map earlier today, and wow. This is an impressive submission to the project, and really gives off that “magnum opus” feeling in a good way, taking me well over an hour to complete.

Tons of well-connected paths and interesting layouts; fun encounters and ambushes that create pressure without ever being too demanding or cruel; well-placed Barons and Cybs (especially early on) that create tension; and some very creative approaches to secrets and progression. Despite the limited bestiary and no SSG, I honestly forgot I was playing Doom 1.

I absolutely loved some of the larger arena fights towards the end of the map, with this room (picture in spoiler tag) being the standout for me in the level. Gameplay/combat aside, the visuals were on point as well, with some great architecture and genuinely beautiful vistas that peer out into the ominous void.

Spoiler

hqpBsxU.png

It’s hard for me to nitpick much in this map, other than a few times it got a little frustrating doing these huge backtrack loops at various points for progression with the keys/locked doors, though this may have had more to do with my general lack of spatial awareness. I probably got lost and took unnecessary routes more than I needed to.

I can understand why you’d feel tempted to release this as a stand-alone map. It’s genuinely fantastic, and certainly deserves as wide an audience as possible (not to take away from any of the other submissions, of course). I guess that’s ultimately up to you and Walter.

Thanks for playing ! Glad you liked it. :)

My map should now be complete; the version u had wasn't the latest for some reason, so being careful not to overwrite, I expanded upon my still incomplete one to have a full experience. I can't believe I forgot about this... but I finished it off in one sitting!

shadesStandards.zip

Edited by ShadesMaster

I am still working on my map, which currently occupies the E3M7 slot, although that could theoretically change once you get all the maps. I am working to clear things off my plate to be able to focus 100% on the map.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I have a midi picked out for my map and I should be starting it soon. My apologies for taking so long.

How's progress going on your maps, guys? It's almost 2 months I didn't have news on this, but you know what are the words of wisdom, "no news good news"!

No really, how things are going on this?

I've been working on my map for the last couple of days. Very early, and rather bare, but here's a sneak peek;

0BmRLuD.png

ojipfso.png

rCKCTEW.png

7LnunLy.png

Unusually for a map of mine, this one has a concept. You're at a waystation on the edge of Hell. From the East come the minions of Hell, seeking to capture the waystation. Their attack has corrupted the base. To the West, forces representing the age of mammals and computer science, initially routed, are staging a comeback, and you are leading the fight.

I hope there is still movement with this project. I got some feedback on my map and I decided to make some minor thing/enemy adjustments based on that: Mobius Flip V2

Good to see you checking in, Walter. I plan on having my map finished by the time you get back from vacation. Right now I'm working my fingers to the bone to get it done, and I'm closing in. Here's a few pics of recent progress;

Front half of the Hell section

E9LiKpO.png

Back half of the Hell section. Great big fight here. I'm kind of torn between adding more detail like the GStone in the Ashwall, or leaving the Ashwall alone, since it's so nice for the lighting. I'm using the lava as a light source and steps for gradients.

vtsI0Oz.png

An older area that I detailed up

ut2RDZ4.png

And from the top of the stairs

WVtQqPY.png

I just started on the West/Void section tonight, so that area and the exit is all I have left.

I hope you're having a great vacation!