Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Supercharge [gameplay mod | v3.0b 07/16/23 multiplayer fix]

5 hours ago, Tango said:

ooo that sounds like an awesome concept - I love the idea of a weapon with multiple functions like that. I'm doubtful that I'll add any more weapons to supercharge itself, but after I finish my current project, atm my aspirations are to branch off of supercharge with a fully new arsenal. so I may well steal this BFG concept for that...

Glad you liked the idea. My inspiration is from Doom 3 and ARSENAL.wad an old Doom wad made by a Brazilian doom modder called Daniel. 

Of course your own implementation should be quick and lethal like the weapons in Supercharge, unless your vision for the new mod has a different pace :)

10 hours ago, Tango said:

ey thanks for the reminder! been meaning to add this. I just added Breakpoint to the OP, as well as In The Shadow of Chaos by @Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur. thank you all for continuing to make kickass stuff for supercharge :D

ooo that sounds like an awesome concept - I love the idea of a weapon with multiple functions like that. I'm doubtful that I'll add any more weapons to supercharge itself, but after I finish my current project, atm my aspirations are to branch off of supercharge with a fully new arsenal. so I may well steal this BFG concept for that...

thank you for adding my map! I love Supercharge so much(I use it for basically everything) this was such a cool thing to wake up to!

i have a concept: basically if supercharge and final doomer have a love child.each class has the same weapons as final doomer mod but with supercharge fast-paced gameplay example like:

The Plutonia class 

a revolver instead of the baretta,it has way more damage but with has 6 six round in the cylinder and reload time a bit longer.

M16 rifle replaces the assault rifle,has 3 burst,basically the old version of assault rifle of SC.

or something like that.

Thank you very much for the update! This has been one of my favorite mods since it was released and I love that it's still being worked on and polished up. The first thing I was going to ask too after seeing the screens was about the HUD, so thanks for answering that. Naomspr did do an amazing job on it, and I'm looking forward to seeing your next commission from them. As for the mod itself, thanks for fixing the Rocket Launcher and Minigun issues. Another issue with both of those weapons and the Super Shotgun though are that the firing sounds are a little too quiet, especially when compared to the rest of the weapons. For example, the regular shotgun seems twice as loud as the super shotgun. Just thought I'd mention that in case you care. Other then that, I can't think of any other issue.

Last, this is kind of random and I apologize, but would you ever consider adding a lever to your gothic skinned shotgun? It just looks like it wants to be lever action, and those are some of the funnest weapons to use in shooters IMO yet their rarely ever seen especially in Doom.

Glad to see Supercharge got updated! It's one of my favorite vanilla+ style mods out there, and the new visual changes are absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to playing this!

OK, here's my attempt for the weapons-only version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ifuykq2zyfek0kh/supercharge_v3.0_weapons_only.pk3/file

All monster sprites/sounds/brightmaps/decorate files are cleared. I also tweaked the offset of Chaingun HUD sprites and added a new pickup sprite.

One known issue: when picking up the clip dropped by zombieman, it shows the same message as picking up a "full" clip, but actually it still gives 5 bullets as it should.

Side note: I think the chaingun is seriously underpowered comparing to the pistol/AR. Yes, it doesn't require reloading, but that's its only advantage over AR. Currently it takes ~65% more bullets than the pistol and ~56% more bullets than AR to kill enemies in average. 15 or even 16 dmg should be more reasonable IMO.

On 3/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, Shulbocka said:

Another issue with both of those weapons and the Super Shotgun though are that the firing sounds are a little too quiet, especially when compared to the rest of the weapons. For example, the regular shotgun seems twice as loud as the super shotgun. Just thought I'd mention that in case you care. Other then that, I can't think of any other issue.

apologies for the belated reply, but appreciate you mentioning this! I think I've probably just gotten used to it by now, but this is something that ought to be fixed. would it be better if the regular shotty sound was just made quieter to be in line with the rest? I suppose it'd be best for me to look at the volume levels a little more uniformly across the board and evaluate that way...

On 3/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, Shulbocka said:

Last, this is kind of random and I apologize, but would you ever consider adding a lever to your gothic skinned shotgun? It just looks like it wants to be lever action, and those are some of the funnest weapons to use in shooters IMO yet their rarely ever seen especially in Doom.

ah I've never considered that! that would be pretty cool. I've unfortunately not got anyone I can use for spriting commissions anymore, as Ultra 64 has moved on to other stuff lately. so the last thing I was able to get from him were some cool new glove weapon sprites for all the weapons, which'll be in my next mapset

On 4/8/2023 at 12:06 AM, NovaRain said:

OK, here's my attempt for the weapons-only version:

awesome, thanks for doing this!! I added it to the OP a while back when you first posted it. I've honestly never really played with the chaingun but yeah I could see that being the case. I'll give it a buff for the next update, but that probably won't be out until my current mapset is finished and the dust has settled there a bit

12 hours ago, Tango said:

apologies for the belated reply, but appreciate you mentioning this! I think I've probably just gotten used to it by now, but this is something that ought to be fixed. would it be better if the regular shotty sound was just made quieter to be in line with the rest? I suppose it'd be best for me to look at the volume levels a little more uniformly across the board and evaluate that way...

Obviously it's completely your decision on what you think is best, but I personally think it would be best to just raise the volume of the quieter weapons as I think the louder weapons sound awesome. Boomer shooters gotta have the boom.

12 hours ago, Tango said:

ah I've never considered that! that would be pretty cool. I've unfortunately not got anyone I can use for spriting commissions anymore, as Ultra 64 has moved on to other stuff lately. so the last thing I was able to get from him were some cool new glove weapon sprites for all the weapons, which'll be in my next mapset

Yeah those new glove sprites are awesome and are gonna look really good once you implement them. It's too bad Ultra 64 has moved on because he/she definitely have talent, but at least they left a good mark on the community while they were here. As long as your not opposed to the idea though, I could try my hand at making the shotgun sprites for you. I've never made custom weapon sprites, but I've been a graphic designer for 12 years and live and breath PS & AI, so it's not out of my wheel house. To be honest, I'm just gonna do it. It sounds fun, and if you like the results, they're all yours.

21 hours ago, Tango said:

would it be better if the regular shotty sound was just made quieter to be in line with the rest? I suppose it'd be best for me to look at the volume levels a little more uniformly across the board and evaluate that way...

I vote for making shotty quieter to be in line with the rest, but as long as the volume levels are uniform, I can always adjust my volume knob.

21 hours ago, Tango said:

awesome, thanks for doing this!! I added it to the OP a while back when you first posted it. I've honestly never really played with the chaingun but yeah I could see that being the case. I'll give it a buff for the next update, but that probably won't be out until my current mapset is finished and the dust has settled there a bit

Thank you! You might want to check the offset of chaingun sprites, a few of them are not centered or aligned to others so I adjusted them in my weapons-only version.

Edited by NovaRain

Was testing out Supercharge to run on a coop server with Zandronum and I ran into this little error every time I fired a rocket launcher. At least I think it is. Any idea how to fix?

Screenshot_Doom_20230526_091348.png

21 hours ago, Chalibluefin said:

Was testing out Supercharge to run on a coop server with Zandronum and I ran into this little error every time I fired a rocket launcher. At least I think it is. Any idea how to fix?

shit, sorry about that D: I've been very minimal about zandro testing lately. the current working version of supercharge I have breaks some other stuff in zandro for now, so sending you the latest version won't be a proper fix either. problem seems to be in actors/weapons/RocketLauncher.dec here:

Actor TangoWeaponRocketSparkTrailSpawner
{
	+NOGRAVITY
	+CLIENTSIDEONLY
	+NOINTERACTION
	+DONTSPLASH
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		// Chance to do nothing to make the trail a little less thick
		TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(96, "DoNothing")
		TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItemEx("TangoWeaponRocketSparkTrail", -12, 0, 0, frandom(-1.5, 1.5), frandom(-1.0, 1.0), velz + frandom(-1.0, 1.0), 0)
		Stop
	DoNothing:
		Stop		
	}
}

and I reckon it probably should be:

{
	+NOGRAVITY
	+CLIENTSIDEONLY
	+NOINTERACTION
	+DONTSPLASH
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItemEx("TangoWeaponRocketSparkTrail", -12, 0, 0, frandom(-1.5, 1.5), frandom(-1.0, 1.0), velz + frandom(-1.0, 1.0), 0)
		Stop
	DoNothing:
		TNT1 A 0 // <-------- ADDED THIS LINE HERE
		Stop		
	}
}

lemme know if that change works for you!

On 5/27/2023 at 7:11 AM, Tango said:

shit, sorry about that D: I've been very minimal about zandro testing lately. the current working version of supercharge I have breaks some other stuff in zandro for now, so sending you the latest version won't be a proper fix either. problem seems to be in actors/weapons/RocketLauncher.dec here:

{
	+NOGRAVITY
	+CLIENTSIDEONLY
	+NOINTERACTION
	+DONTSPLASH
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	DoNothing:
		Stop		
	}
}

and I reckon it probably should be:

{
	+NOGRAVITY
	+CLIENTSIDEONLY
	+NOINTERACTION
	+DONTSPLASH
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	DoNothing:
		TNT1 A 0 // <-------- ADDED THIS LINE HERE
		Stop		
	}
}

lemme know if that change works for you!

I was playing in a Zandronum server with the same issue as the user above.

At least since they did not respond (At least in a comment anyways) I can confirm with a change in a copy file and some testing that this simple line addition works.

Would think to upload a simple file with just the decoration as a patch here, unless you probably want to silently update the link yourself since it is one extra line to rid an annoying issue for Zandronum users and the online servers hosting it.

I liked the gothic style hud <3 I am impatiently waiting to try it for the ultimate steampunk experience. Keep up the good work! 

Edited by c0mbolynch

Super satisfying for reasons i can't explain, fast paced, and good sprites. Btw way is paradise updated with the latest versions of Supercharge?

On 6/17/2023 at 6:56 AM, Starman the Blaziken said:

Would think to upload a simple file with just the decoration as a patch here, unless you probably want to silently update the link yourself since it is one extra line to rid an annoying issue for Zandronum users and the online servers hosting it.

sorry it took me, but I just updated the OP with v3.0b, which is identical to 3.0 except with the addition of this fix

On 7/11/2023 at 7:50 AM, Monocled said:

Btw way is paradise updated with the latest versions of Supercharge?

it's a few versions behind sadly, since it's just a little tedious to update paradise anytime I update supercharge :( I also want to somewhat just paradise be at this point, though it'd be good if at some point I just made a version of supercharge that was version agnostic so you could just plug in whatever version of supercharge you wanted. no guarantees though, yall see how slow I move D:

My weapons only version has already included the fix for Zandronum, so I just changed the filename to 3.0b as well.

my minor resound for Supercharge

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10k_-RpMcNx8QbJ7WCOKY3EileF2x2y2B/view?usp=drivesdk

changes:

Shotgun fire

SSG fire and reload (the reload for some reason it only works in the goth skin only)

Stomper fire 

Chaingun fire

plasma reload sound

rocketlauncher fire

pistol reload

Scrapgun fire 

BFG charge,fire,and explode ball

give me a feedback if it is too loud or quite

speaking of reload,hey tango is it possible to have a second reload for every weapon,like the pistol,i mean you can just copy the complex doom chamber reload pistol.. if your sneaky

Edited by Supercharged Bj : The drive should work this time sorry for waiting FEDEX

On 7/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, Supercharged Bj said:

my minor resound for Supercharge

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10k_-RpMcNx8QbJ7WCOKY3EileF2x2y2B/view?usp=drivesdk

changes:

Shotgun fire

Stomper fire 

Chaingun fire

plasma reload sound

rocketlauncher fire

pistol reload

Scrapgun fire 

BFG charge,fire,and explode ball

give me a feedback if it is too loud or quite

speaking of reload,hey tango is it possible to have a second reload for every weapon,like the pistol,i mean you can just copy the complex doom chamber reload pistol.. if your sneaky

Bro, you're amazing! I liked these firing sounds especially SSG and Pistol. SSG is really beefy <3 Thanks!

9 hours ago, c0mbolynch said:

Bro, you're amazing! I liked these firing sounds especially SSG and Pistol. SSG is really beefy <3 Thanks!

thank you very much @c0mbolynch,its my very first time making sound effects and give me feedback if some sounds are too weak or loud :D

Edited by Supercharged Bj

7 hours ago, Supercharged Bj said:

give me feedback if some sounds are too weak or loud

For comparison try running your sounds on different engines (GZDoom and Zandronum) or different versions of GZDoom (3.3 and 4.7+) for example.

Also, the presence of a subwoofer or good headphones changes the volume of beefy sounds.

Since the sounds are in different formats and quality, leveling the volume of sounds in the current situation is completely useless. 

@Doomenator  ok heres what i found

9 hours ago, Doomenator said:

For comparison try running your sounds on different engines (GZDoom and Zandronum) or different versions of GZDoom (3.3 and 4.7+) for example.

yeah for some the

sounds are alot louder in zandronum and gzdoom 3.3 than the newer gzdoom and lzdoom for example like the shotgun fire sound are alot more noticable in zandronum and gzdoom 1.1.9,.maybe bacause of fmod or something like that.

Also, the presence of a subwoofer or good headphones changes the volume of beefy sounds. 

yes i do try different headphones both of them,and yeah your right it change from loud to ear rape when i test them on both of the headphone on is a bass bluetooth and a wire headset.

Since the sounds are in different formats and quality, leveling the volume of sounds in the current situation is completely useless. 

yeah i try to do that back then because i was naive at sound designing this resound.

thank you @Doomenator for the criticism <3

Ok so im new to coding,so heres my weapons overhaul

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SdQ-zGYqmxyw9gxJHED_KndiLASrvKk/view?usp=drivesdk

(Changes)

all weapons has some increase shake when firing

increase bullet capacity 200 - 400 to

300 - 600

Fist: is now instant when you punch

Pistol:has now 12 rounds 

Scarp gun:the projectile has now twice the velocity speed

Shotgun:the reloading is faster 

Chaingun:it has higher rate of fire but with wider spread //basically like the super chaingun from Valiant//

Rocket launcher:just speed up the animation but the fire rate is still the same

give feedback if some of these weapons are unbalanced or overpowered.

Also the new resound v1.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11_0Weh61kS6P6gn5u5vQN_s1fsbs4xOQ/view?usp=drivesdk

(Changes)

Shotgun fire and reload sound

Chaingun fire

Edited by Supercharged Bj : The link of the resound is now public

11 hours ago, Supercharged Bj said:

Ok so im new to coding,so heres my weapons overhaul

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SdQ-zGYqmxyw9gxJHED_KndiLASrvKk/view?usp=drivesdk

(Changes)

all weapons has some increase shake when firing

increase bullet capacity 200 - 400 to

300 - 600

Fist: is now instant when you punch

Pistol:has now 12 rounds 

Shotgun:the reloading is faster 

Chaingun:it has higher rate of fire but with wider spread //basically like the super chaingun from Valiant//

Rocket launcher:just speed up the animation but the fire rate is still the same

give feedback if some of these weapons are unbalanced or overpowered.

Also the new resound v1.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11_0Weh61kS6P6gn5u5vQN_s1fsbs4xOQ/view?usp=drivesdk

(Changes)

Shotgun fire and reload sound

Chaingun fire

I couldn't get your weapons overhaul working.

22 hours ago, c0mbolynch said:

Yes, tyvm! Fixed now. thanks for giving me a different way to play this amazing mod. Shotgun is beefy too now alongside with SSG <3

thank you man :D.im working on version 1.2 someday but not too long because im been busy with my family