Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Dubbag's WAD Show" Post Your WADs Here and I Will Demo & Comment Over Them (Currently on Hiatus)

Howdy! Imperfect Hatred is in the final stages of testing for the preparation of Version 3. If you could give these maps a whirl, that’d be wonderful!

There are 27 maps. Some maps have known issues, or which those mappers have sent me updates for, (up to 15 that is. Past that, I haven’t been able to recommend fixes for yet).

36 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@BluePineapple72 @Doomkid @Austinado I really liked this WAD guys I thinks it's going to be a great one when it's finished! Unfortunately I just got lost and I just didn't know what to do. I did love what I did see and get to experience though! I love the new weapons and monsters! Challenging but fair encounters as well. I just had no clue what to do after pressing the blue key switch.

- Congratulations @BluePineapple72 for your map!...at least that is what @Dubbagdarrel thinks XD

- Is actually my map buddy, but that´s ok :)

- This is not the first map of the project...there has been more submissions.

- You did not finish the puzzle...that was the one thing to continue progression ( you started it...but never returned to it). The Blue switch lowers the middle pilar a little..

- Thanks alot for playing the map ;)

- Cheers *

27 minutes ago, Austinado said:

- Congratulations @BluePineapple72 for your map!...at least that is what @Dubbagdarrel thinks XD

- Is actually my map buddy, but that´s ok :)

- This is not the first map of the project...there has been more submissions.

- You did not finish the puzzle...that was the one thing to continue progression ( you started it...but never returned to it). The Blue switch lowers the middle pilar a little..

- Thanks alot for playing the map ;)

- Cheers *

OMG IM SO SORRY. its because I looked at the map the wrong way on the OP. I was confused. My apologies to the both of you.

On 3/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, Austinado said:

Hello there! Here comes a little request.

You need the 2 files at the same time , and play it in GZDOOM.

DoomII Iwad. 

Slot 1

I clicked this and got all of my information from it. I guess I read it wrong ha. I haven't been following this project.

4 hours ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

it's likley more entertaining to play it with a mapset sense it only changes weapon loadouts tho.

hey man unfortunately I cannot use your mod until you compile it into a .pk3.

@A.o.D. This is ridiculous to try to complete on a UV-Tyson run. I'm sure someone can do it but that someone is not me bro lol. I had to switch over to baby mode to get this one done. I NEVER play on ITYTD. However I did think that the scenery and that the rooms and effects were very great.

Well, you weren't supposed to jump. What you were supposed to do is to through another yellow door and step off the teleporter to get teleported onto the platforms where revenants were and use them to gain access to the new areas, including platform control for the red key and blue key behind the red door.

There won't be any more puzzles from now on at least.

6 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@A.o.D. This is ridiculous to try to complete on a UV-Tyson run. I'm sure someone can do it but that someone is not me bro lol. I had to switch over to baby mode to get this one done. I NEVER play on ITYTD. However I did think that the scenery and that the rooms and effects were very great.

That's fair.  I understand that punching skeletons isn't for everyone, that's why I made sure to implement difficulty levels and guns on ITYTD so that everyone at least could see the final scripted sequence.  Just as an FYI, the other difficulties do require that you punch revenants, but you have less of them to chew through.  Except for the last fight.  You always have the same number of revenants in the final fight, otherwise it's not balanced against the cyberdemon.

With that said, skeleton boxing is very doable if you know how to do it.  Several guys, including Decino, have tutorials on how it's done over on Youtube.  One last little bit of trivia:  it takes about the same number of punches to clear the first fight as it does the second fight.

One other thing, while there are jokes in the map, the map itself is not a joke map.  I played through it numerous times on UV as I was building it, checking for balance, health, and bugs. 

Edited by A.o.D.

11 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@1Destro3456 A good start. Not bad, just needs alot of tweaks here and there. Thank you for the request!

Thank you for the video, it was really helpful. I guess that my constant updating didn't only bug the Arachnotron but also the monsters in the outside area because in the earlier versions there were fine... 

24 minutes ago, 1Destro3456 said:

Thank you for the video, it was really helpful. I guess that my constant updating didn't only bug the Arachnotron but also the monsters in the outside area because in the earlier versions there were fine... 

Call me when fixed. I want to play this again and definitely want to kill that big guy at the end. 

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

Call me when fixed. I want to play this again and definitely want to kill that big guy at the end. 

Already done

Hey guys I deeply apologize for the lack of completions last night. like I said I'm not an amazing player. I hope u guys don't lose faith in requesting to me lol

@DubbagdarrelMy wad is now ready for be reviewed, I done the map 02. I blocked not main routes because are under construction.

I apologize for brutalizing you with my slaughter-maps however, your suffering was entertaining and if you want to see playthroughs of an earlier version of combat puzzle and the same Imperium to find out how to succeed against them then look at playthroughs by Arbys on my map thread.

1 hour ago, Jacek Bourne said:

your suffering was entertaining

Well I'm Glad lol.

21 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

you got it

A little more info on my wad, so you don't go into it blind. Sorry i should have posted this at first, it has screenshots. i reccomend something like eviternety or someone's map pack while playing it. also each berserk does something different and also there is alt fires.

@Kokrovan A very good first pair of maps. Tried to give you some pointers :)

35 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

the zip file it'self is the mod. don't unzip it and treat it as a .wad file. lol. simply select the zip file (without opening it) and load it with a mod loader or something, also use GZDOOM 4.4. sorry for the inconveiance.

I have a new map available to test! Map12!

It is a little spicy, so feel free to bump the difficulty down if needed. Should be a fun, quick map! Average time is around 10 minutes!

31 minutes ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

the zip file it'self is the mod. don't unzip it and treat it as a .wad file. lol. simply select the zip file (without opening it) and load it with a mod loader or something, also use GZDOOM 4.4. sorry for the inconveiance.

OOOOOHHHHH MY BAD! ok i got it working lol. deleted that video as well.

1 minute ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

OOOOOHHHHH MY BAD! ok i got it working lol.

D: sorry for not clarifying that in the original forum post. i did so just now lol. My most sincere apologies for the inconveiance

Just now, SkeletronMK666 said:

D: sorry for not clarifying that in the original forum post. i did so just now lol. My most sincere apologies for the inconveiance

you're good man, I have just never done that before.

@DubbagdarrelYour reviews are very entertaining, even the long videos. So yeah, obviously I will add more secrets, and more map design. The blocked door in map 2 contain a doors labyrinth where is the the backpack, but it's under construction. (And guess that some bad grammar, english it's not my main language, still improving it :) ).

Edited by Kokrovan

24 minutes ago, Kokrovan said:

@DubbagdarrelYour reviews are very entertaining, even the long videos. So yeah, obviously I will add more secrets, and more map design. The blocked door in map 2 contain a doors labyrinth where is the the backpack, but it's under construction. (And guess that some bad grammar, english it's not my main language, still improving it :) ).

Thank you so much man! I'm really glad you enjoyed the review :)