Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

The Way of the Odonata, Book One - A MIDI Album

A pleasure to see Strictly Plate-Tonic Forking in here! (wait what)

A number of these I’ve already listened to  thanks to charting some, and some of them springing from 2-hour composition challenges. They are…[clears throat] rather nice.

Funny how 6 out of 9 of these tracks were all written last month. You’ve been on a roll and I think others are going to like these as well.

Chapter 2 and 6 are my favorites from the title track.

Cool stuff all around! Kinda torn between the title track and Celestial as my favorite.

Thanks for the kind comments! Yes Dunn, I definitely had a flow going throughout september, in no small part due to having made my MIDI Challenge webapp at that time. Celestial (track 5) quickly became one of my favourite own-made compositions, and that was primarily a challenge composition!

7 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Track 8: "Strictly Plate-Tonic Forking"

Jesus H. Christ this pun.

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

track 7: "Tapes Had Side A and Side B, So It Makes Sense the Successor Was Called The CD"

heh

Good stuff. I love these!

Urge to map... rising!

Thanks for the responses!

I'm glad some of the sillier names are enjoyed haha! These were midis that started life as a midi challenge, I think something about the 2 hour limitation makes me go into a bit of a wacky mindset, similar to ASS speed mapping sessions, gotta bust out the dumb names once in a while! 

@Redneckerz I was thinking again about Spotify... I'll see if I can make it happen. 😁

@Bri, go for it!!

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

@Redneckerz I was thinking again about Spotify... I'll see if I can make it happen. 😁

Would be lovely if it did, and i hope others follow suit. Essels non-Midi work is on it and it has taken a comfy place in my listening. Your stuff + that of Jimmy should be there aswell.

In fact there is so much good midi Doom stuff on Bandcamp (Ancient Aliens OST) that its almost criminal its not on Spotify. But i understand the rather steep requirements Spotify gives, i believe you mentioned this before.

BUMPPP

Just going to say that @Dragonfly's The Way Of The Odonata is now on Spotify!

Other albums:

All links lead to their Spotify stores.

This is huge stuff. Thank you for putting these up! More OG Midi OST's from Doom wads should be there, and this is excellent. This compliments Ralphis's Action Doom 2 soundtrack well.

Love Beatdown! Midi Rock the way it should be. Macro is great too, so many layers.

Now i hope @stewboy wants to put his Ancient Aliens OST and Heartland OST up there... or Primeval's... or @Jimmy's immense body of work... imagine the Eviternity, Reverie, Eternity Blitz soundtracks on there.....

EDIT: Oh Dragonfly, i heard a few big things! In Katana, multiple times the Whatsapp sound is heard. I thought it was my own, but is embedded in the Spotify stream. It occurs at 2.09. There is another track aswell that has this.

Edited by Redneckerz

15 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

EDIT: Oh Dragonfly, i heard a few big things! In Katana, multiple times the Whatsapp sound is heard. I thought it was my own, but is embedded in the Spotify stream. It occurs at 2.09. There is another track aswell that has this.

This is why I hadn't posted about their appearance on spotify on here yet... 😭

3 minutes ago, stewboy said:

Would that even be something that people want? 

Absolutely!

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

This is why I hadn't posted about their appearance on spotify on here yet... 😭

I just found out by chance, i swear!

But its too good. Its very gritty and raw and its great.

1 hour ago, stewboy said:

YES. I say. These soundtracks deserve it!

1 hour ago, stewboy said:

I'd certainly be interested. If it helps - I managed to use DistroKid to get my content onto Spotify et al for a very affordable price. 👍

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I'd certainly be interested. If it helps - I managed to use DistroKid to get my content onto Spotify et al for a very affordable price. 👍

Ah yeah, I've used DistroKid before, when I wrote some random music 8 years ago and decided to put it up. I'm just thinking about the sort of thing I would want people to find whenever they search my name - I don't know how to get stuff removed from there, and I'm a bit worried about a potential future where I have five or six completely unrelated sorts of music floating around!

I know that CDBaby allows you to remove releases from all platforms, though it takes 30 days to process. It's a little more expensive from what I hear, but I've had no problems with it, and customer service was always there to answer all the random publishing questions I've had. Though I've heard nothing but good things about Distrokid as well.

I also recommend Songtrust to register all songs for mechanical royalties, which should automatically register with your PRO for performance royalties. For me it was and is overkill, but it's essential for those of you who get more traffic. A good thing to note is that Songtrust will automatically copyright claim any instance of your music already on Youtube unless you whitelist the channel.

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I know its pointless but ill be pinging @Jimmy once more on this (and that will be the last) - such a vast collection of stuff on Bandcamp is almost criminal its not on Spotify and other distribution services. I started listening to Jimmy's work at the end of my college years - So 2012 or such and listened to all his work back then (Still have that as mp3 on a old thumb drive).

The sheer volume and speed of composing floored me and its almost no surprise that so many great wads hail a soundtrack from his end. It certainly had me interested in other's, because correct me if i am wrong, but there aren't that many midi composers in the community, correct? (Its just that Jimmy provides a soundtrack to so many releases, haha).

Chiming back in to say that I'm really enjoying the new album on Spotify, it really is such a convenient way to listen, especially in the car (one of my favorite times to listen to midi). There are some really interesting sections and sounds, awesome grooves, killer melodies, Fantastic Job!

It would be great to see other composers on the platform as well, like stewboy, Jimmy, Deadwing, AD_79, and all others who can fill out several album length collections.