Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacek Nowak (jacnowak)

Make a map in 1 hour & beat the map above you - speedmapping fun thread

On 4/6/2022 at 12:21 AM, TheNerdTurtle2 said:

I tested in PrBoom and it works perfectly fine... maybe I attached a version before I saved? I literally just tested this one, so anyone that wants to play my map download this: TheReactor.zip

Really great and really evil map, loved AND hated it, but after roughly 207 attepmts I'm going to have to edit my post with my map later on, there's no way I'm wasting hours of my time because someone posted a new map, sorry!!! (Edit: map is done, Zip file below!)
(Will begin mapping shortly after a break) took a long break and mapped for just over an hour and playtested for even longer..

I didn't see a rule saying you had to make a map first, and I just got comfortable with new mouse setting, and starting to record demos. So I'm doing it this way, hopefully it's acceptable lol.

- - -

I know feedback about the map might be useless unless it lives on in future as part of a release or reused in another Community-project, but I have a bit to say about it.
I put about 100 blood pumping attempts into it yesterday, 30 earlier today, and finally 82 more tonight (installed dsda-doom 0.24.3 and finally figured out how to get numbered consecutive attempt lumps instead of one demo lump getting overwritten).
The Demo: tr1m1247.zip

spoilered for spoilers:

Spoiler

1: RNG dictates whether you spend about 10 attempts in a row dying near instantly to the initial shotgunners or not.

2: The central area has monsters on every side, you kinda have to camp the small pillar room and hope you can kill stuff in there fast, and then either A: get cacos to infight with the Mancubus and hitscanners.
Or B: get out fast before you are blocked by Cacos and then pray that you don't get hitscanned or Manc fireball'd on your way to camp near the green armour.

3: The final archvile has no cover on one side, you have to hope that he moves in such a way that you can either get behind him near the door and stun him a bunch, or that you can take cover in one of the monster closets that opened up on his infernal walkway.

4: This map feels borderline impossible on UV, IMHO this isn't just a "too difficult, i'll do HMP instead" situation, it's near unplayable and might go against the rule/recommendation that these maps shouldn't feel close to impossible, especially if it still felt evil during the last few demos after over 150 attempts.

My Map:
    Name: The Serious Encounter
    Author: knifeworld
    Format: Doom: Doom 2 / -complevel 2
    Build Time: close to 2 hours (Woops! :-[ ) , 95% of the design done in 1 hour though.
                     Plus a couple of hours playtesting ( fixing balancing issues and bad geometry that heavily disrupted gameplay. )

Difficulty levels: None yet, just designed to be hard but beatable on UV (please give me feedback!)

Coop starts: Nope
    DM starts: Nope
    MIDI Music: "Dark Walls" by Jimmy, from Cabin.wad
    Ports Tested: DSDA-doom 0.24.3, Prboom-plus 2.6.2um

ZIPperooni: MAMi1H_KW.zip

Edited by knifeworld : clarity / grammar / fixed mistakes etc. Edit 2: added my map

20 hours ago, knifeworld said:

My Map:
    Name: The Serious Encounter
 [...]

Nice map, here's the demo: serious-bx.lmp

I thought getting into the second area would be a bitch but got lucky and found a cheese spot next to the teleporter where nothing will wake up, after that it's kind of a god mode run because there's infinite resources. Very cool map though, particularly in the visual department.

Now here's some crap, a bit harder than the last map I made but nothing too crazy: 

Name: Pacifist Sucks Anyway

Format: Boom (-cl9)

Resources: STARTAN2

Midi: idk (from One Bloody Night map09, uncredited)

psux.wad

Edit: apparently nobody beat Boom Base by @RedBoule so here's a demo so every map has one: boombase-bx.lmp

Fun map, the first fight on damaging floor in particular is my kind of thing.

Edited by BoxY

27 minutes ago, BoxY said:

Nice map, here's the demo: serious-bx.lmp

I thought getting into the second area would be a bitch but got lucky and found a cheese spot next to the teleporter where nothing will wake up, after that it's kind of a god mode run because there's infinite resources. Very cool map though, particularly in the visual department.

Now here's some crap, a bit harder than the last map I made but nothing too crazy: 

psux.wad

Edit: apparently nobody beat Boom Base by @RedBoule so here's a demo so every map has one: boombase-bx.lmp

Fun map, the first fight on damaging floor in particular is my kind of thing.

Awesome demo, those first cacos definitely seem useless and cheesable now.. Next time I'll try to make a more reasonably sized map with better planned fights rofl.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:41 AM, Astro X said:

Apparently, I lost track of things here, but here's my map...

The design is simple, but took me over 2-3 hours to decorate, test and implement difficulties.

@Astro X - You haven't submitted any demo. The whole purpose of this thread is that everyone gets a demo or a video of their map. You should've beaten the last map in the thread at the point of posting your map - which is @Melemesh's second map - Blood Library. That map still hasn't got a playthrough and it's on you so please post it when you have a moment.

Also, 2-3 hours is really stretching it for a thread with maps that take 1 hour to make (yes, some people go a bit over that but 2-3 hours is not "a bit over" ;)

18 hours ago, BoxY said:

Thanks @BoxY for that!

Yes, I can see there was an ordering mismatch at some point, glad you spotted and fixed that!

On 4/5/2022 at 5:34 AM, Dusty_Rhodes said:

UMAPINFO would be interesting, as it would allow for a lot of flexibility, great idea! 

I'm not really familiar with UMAPINFO but my understanding is that we are not restricted to the limit of 32 maps then? If so, that sounds cool and I would say, let's go for it :)

8 minutes ago, jacnowak said:

I'm not really familiar with UMAPINFO but my understanding is that we are not restricted to the limit of 32 maps then? If so, that sounds cool and I would say, let's go for it :)

For sure :) 

It can go for as many maps as you'd like! Super useful tool.

8 hours ago, jacnowak said:

@Astro X - You haven't submitted any demo. The whole purpose of this thread is that everyone gets a demo or a video of their map. You should've beaten the last map in the thread at the point of posting your map - which is @Melemesh's second map - Blood Library. That map still hasn't got a playthrough and it's on you so please post it when you have a moment.

Also, 2-3 hours is really stretching it for a thread with maps that take 1 hour to make (yes, some people go a bit over that but 2-3 hours is not "a bit over" ;)

Thanks @BoxY for that!

Yes, I can see there was an ordering mismatch at some point, glad you spotted and fixed that!

to be fair, if playtesting after the vast majority of the map is done isn't included in the time then it was nowhere close to 3 hours. But you are correct it was still way too long, so in my next one I'll be avoiding the stair tool for lighting like it's the plague

On 4/7/2022 at 7:21 PM, BoxY said:

Well, it sure was as exciting as it was painful: psuxdemo.lmp

Here its my attempt, it took 1 hour and 17 minutes, it took tons of practice to come up with something decent looking, it sure its fun, but i'm not accustomed to speed mapping at all. Enough bitching and moaning.

MAP: Stairway_to_Hell.wad

Map Name: Stairway to Hell.

Map Slot: MAP 01.

Map Format: Vanilla.

Ports tested: LZDoom and Crispy Doom. 

MIDI: Sign of Evil.

Custom Textures: Yes.

Custom Flats: Yes.

Credits: 

• Me.
  • Nootrac4571.
  • Cage.
  • Hell On Earth Starter Pack. 
  • Raven Software.
  • IDK if i'm forgetting someone else.

8orFbeM.png

Edited by Solmyr

6 hours ago, Solmyr said:

Well, it sure was as exciting as it was painful: psuxdemo.lmp

Here its my attempt, it took 1 hour and 17 minutes, it took tons of practice to come up with something decent looking, it sure its fun, but i'm not accustomed to speed mapping at all. Enough bitching and moaning.

MAP: Stairway_to_Hell.wad

Map Name: Stairway to Hell.

Map Slot: MAP 01.

Map Format: Vanilla.

Ports tested: LZDoom and Crispy Doom. 

MIDI: Sign of Evil.

Custom Textures: Yes.

Custom Flats: Yes.

Credits: 

• Me.
  • Nootrac4571.
  • Cage.
  • Hell On Earth Starter Pack. 
  • Raven Software.
  • IDK if i'm forgetting someone else.

8orFbeM.png

Great map!!! here's my demo file:  sth1m230.zip
I ran the map with dsda-doom 0.24.3 -complevel 2
Edit: forgot to say nice demo too, enjoyed watching that one!

My map:        FuriousBlood.zip
    Name: Furious Blood
    MIDI used: Darkness Calls by Jimmy, from REVERIE
    Build Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
    Format: Doom: Doom 2
    Difficulty Levels implemented: YEP
    Custom textures or flats: Nope
    Coop and DM: Nope
    Tested in GZdoom 4.7.1, and dsda-doom 0.24.3 with -complevel 2

kcTwzCo.png
tC7GyQj.png

Edited by knifeworld : added some screenies and mentioned ports tested

This thread rocks.

11 hours ago, knifeworld said:

My map:        FuriousBlood.zip
    Name: Furious Blood
    MIDI used: Darkness Calls by Jimmy, from REVERIE
    Build Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
    Format: Doom: Doom 2
    Difficulty Levels implemented: YEP
    Coop and DM: Nope
    Tested in GZdoom 4.7.1, and dsda-doom 0.24.3 with -complevel 2

noisy_FuriousBlood_exit.zip

My map: noisy_1hr_2022-04-09_FoopleFlumpFartFartFort.zip
    Name: Foople Flump Fart Fart Fort
    MIDI used: none
    Build Time: 1 hour (plus 10 minutes to test/fix broken tags)
    Difficulty Levels implemented: No
    Coop and DM: Coop Player starts
    Tested in PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.3 (complevel 2)

unknown.png?width=1385&height=864

14 hours ago, knifeworld said:

Great map!!! here's my demo file:  sth1m230.zip
I ran the map with dsda-doom 0.24.3 -complevel 2
Edit: forgot to say nice demo too, enjoyed watching that one!

Thanks! And glad you liked them both. 

Good demo too.

You're right about that Baron teleporter, it's kinda slow, but that's a vanilla constraint about using only one telport destination per sector.

Foople Flump Fart Fart Fort: fffff.zip (fdas)

My map: "If no ideas, sewers" elsp2.zip, tested in dsda cl-9, stock doom 2 resources.
Build Time: 56 minutes

Inconsistent damaging floors warning.

@El Inferno Me again! Fun, restrictive map, I enjoyed it! The ending & ending fight were particularly cool.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EHtdU_s0gof3IrHmexu0QbV4HzyW_WJG/view?usp=sharing

As for my contribution...

Map Title: Buyan
Specifics: Doom 2, map01, cl 9
Difficulty settings implemented
Music: "Forest Temple" by Koji Kondo
Same custom resources as the last map
Screenies:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220411_123704.jpg.422017281bd6644c2fc05fc40153845e.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20220411_123733.jpg.ab6011c97888815d831a8561cf228dd9.jpg

For the most part pretty easy, open slaughter / run n gun, the final fight is hard though. UV is again more so intended for experienced players. The fights are a bit more fleshed out than in my last map, as building the terrain only took me about 30 minutes. Simple natural environments are pretty easy to make in a short amount of time. Have fun!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mR52moneZvCoUIf3VYTNNIgG_5hJTE7F/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Yumheart

On 4/11/2022 at 11:44 AM, Yumheart said:

@El Inferno Me again! Fun, restrictive map, I enjoyed it! The ending & ending fight were particularly cool.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EHtdU_s0gof3IrHmexu0QbV4HzyW_WJG/view?usp=sharing

As for my contribution...

Map Title: Buyan
Specifics: Doom 2, map01, cl 9
Difficulty settings implemented
Music: "Forest Temple" by Koji Kondo
Same custom resources as the last map
Screenies:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20220411_123704.jpg.422017281bd6644c2fc05fc40153845e.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20220411_123733.jpg.ab6011c97888815d831a8561cf228dd9.jpg

For the most part pretty easy, open slaughter / run n gun, the final fight is hard though. UV is again more so intended for experienced players. The fights are a bit more fleshed out than in my last map, as building the terrain only took me about 30 minutes. Simple natural environments are pretty easy to make in a short amount of time. Have fun!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mR52moneZvCoUIf3VYTNNIgG_5hJTE7F/view?usp=sharing

Nice island based slaughter experience there. Here's a UV Speed demo: buy1-136.zip
Tried for UV Max roughly 30ish attempts, not that many but I switched to going for a fast exit in the last few demos, so 40 in total.
UV maxed it with 1 or 2 saves earlier:doom291.png.51d332a148a27db139c8d7d17293c4d5.png

Tha map: SoYouStartedBlasting.zip

Name: So You Started Blasting
Format: Doom: Doom 2 / complevel 2
Build time: 1 hour and 6 minutes
MIDI used: Dispersion by Jimmy, from Reverie
COOP and DM starts: Nope
Difficulty Levels: YES

HD neural upscaled shots:

Spoiler

doom295.png.8b3f1e27afc2e836b597120bb6705975.pngdoom296.png.32a13ed25af416067fc4df4c6f26c833.png

@Melemesh @RedBoule @knifeworld @Yumheart UV FDAs for Blood Library, Boom Base, & Furious Blood for respective cls. HMP FDAs for Buyan and So You Started Blasted also. 

I could have used a bit more to do/interact with Blood Library, but it definitely gets the eldritch wood place vibes down. Resource famine makes it more interesting than usual, too. Boom Base's a simple but effective RL crowd puzzle sequence, quite a rush of adrenaline. Good stuff all around. Furious Blood definitely impressed me with its scale and crowd management, offering plenty of room to herd each group. The end AV maze was a bit thrown together, but I don't mind having a chaser to the action. Buyan looks the prettiest out of this group and has my favorite lock-in fight at the end (though I wish it opened up afterward so you can UV max before exiting). I'd have to try it on UV to know if the prodigious cover and breathing room trivializes the outer ring fights there too, but it works well for HMP. So You Started Blasting is as fun and meme-y as the title suggests. It's not clear at first that it's got a death exit, probably because it's also a mandatory secret exit which could stump players who don't find that niche in the support wall and then shoot. Ah well.

Name: Dictter's Danceoff

Format: doom2.wad, Boom cl 9
Music: "The Winnowing Hall" from Hexen II by Kevin Schilder
Build Time: 1 hour 15 layout + 15 min things, plus some testing
Difficulty levels: Kind of? Final trap has less monsters on HMP and under, plus some other UV exclusives
Text/flats/skies: All vanilla, uses line special 271 sky transfer
Coop/DM: None yet
Tested in: DSDA-Doom 0.24.3, cl 9, UV

1hr Tennis - Dictter's Danceoff.zip

doom02.png.bd18763985b01792e2d325f480337cf8.png

doom04.png.6773d18176e3e459e59976c61ce5055a.png

Edited by PasokonDeacon

Hello again! 

Here is my demo (using GZDoom) of the map Dictter's Danceoff by PasokonDeacon.*

demo_Dictter'sDanceoff.zip

Edit: I also made a demo using dsda-doom. Thank you, PasokonDeacon, for all your help!

Dictter'sDanceoffv2.zip

It was a really fun map! I was impressed with the level of detail and verticality. I especially liked the outdoor encounter at the yellow skull key with the cacodemons and pain elementals putting on some pressure. After finishing the map, I still wanted to explore and look around. 

Below is my second submission:

Chainsaw Massacre: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/DC7E9944E3A02A5CCF215840859DE48FE97164DE

Map Format: Doom

Music: horror.mid from BitMidi

Ports Tested: GZDoom

IWAD: Doom 2

Map: MAP01

Gameplay: Single play

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: No

Build Time: 57 minutes + 10 minutes of testing

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_210300.png.46ba288c91fb7ca0bd8265b96a4a5458.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_210306.png.4c0a57b690601cc27e8257482d52986c.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_210625.png.36d8a30d15b29419a5deef42a702a2c2.png

I'm also including a revised version of my first submission Rocket Fodder, just for fun. Feel free to use it or the original in the compilation wad. I took about 5 minutes to tweak some things with the gameplay and make a couple of corrections. I also added a new midi.

*I'm new to Doomworld. If someone could tell me how to make @PasokonDeacon, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Anonymous Space Marine

On 4/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, knifeworld said:

Really great and really evil map, loved AND hated it, but after roughly 207 attepmts I'm going to have to edit my post with my map later on, there's no way I'm wasting hours of my time because someone posted a new map, sorry!!! (Edit: map is done, Zip file below!)
(Will begin mapping shortly after a break) took a long break and mapped for just over an hour and playtested for even longer..

- - -

I know feedback about the map might be useless unless it lives on in future as part of a release or reused in another Community-project, but I have a bit to say about it.
I put about 100 blood pumping attempts into it yesterday, 30 earlier today, and finally 82 more tonight (installed dsda-doom 0.24.3 and finally figured out how to get numbered consecutive attempt lumps instead of one demo lump getting overwritten).
The Demo: tr1m1247.zip

spoilered for spoilers:

Hide contents

1: RNG dictates whether you spend about 10 attempts in a row dying near instantly to the initial shotgunners or not.

2: The central area has monsters on every side, you kinda have to camp the small pillar room and hope you can kill stuff in there fast, and then either A: get cacos to infight with the Mancubus and hitscanners.
Or B: get out fast before you are blocked by Cacos and then pray that you don't get hitscanned or Manc fireball'd on your way to camp near the green armour.

3: The final archvile has no cover on one side, you have to hope that he moves in such a way that you can either get behind him near the door and stun him a bunch, or that you can take cover in one of the monster closets that opened up on his infernal walkway.

4: This map feels borderline impossible on UV, IMHO this isn't just a "too difficult, i'll do HMP instead" situation, it's near unplayable and might go against the rule/recommendation that these maps shouldn't feel close to impossible, especially if it still felt evil during the last few demos after over 150 attempts.

I love the feedback! Thanks a lot, it was an hour and I didn't bother balancing after that, I stated it was harder than intended on UV in a previous post. RedBoule actually tackled my map first and he had no problem with the difficulty (I personally agree with you that it's hard). However, I will say that the opening is not RNG I have never died to the shotgunners, you just have to be quick :) thanks again!

On 4/12/2022 at 10:29 PM, Anonymous Space Marine said:

Below is my second submission:

Chainsaw Massacre:

Map Format: Doom

Music: horror.mid from BitMidi

Ports Tested: GZDoom

Gameplay: Single play

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: No

Build Time: 57 minutes + 10 minutes of testing

Fun map, chainsawing the Revenant to death without soften it up with the pistol first would have been suicidal, i guess it can be done, but it would have been quite tricky to pull it off. Chainsaw Massacre Demo

MAP: Processing_Node.WAD

Map Format: Vanilla Doom 2

Editors Used: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade.

Map: MAP 01

Difficulty Settings: No.

Multiplayer Starts: No.

Custom Textures: Yes, a few.

Music: Donna to the Rescue from Doom.

Build Time: 01:00:12. (layout), 00:23:00 (things placements, testing, minor tweakings)

Texture Credits:

• Solmyr.
  • Chainie. 
  • nIGHTMARE.
  • Doomkid.
  • 3D Realms.
  • Id Software.
  • ViolentBeetle.

FdZgDFs.png

Edited by Solmyr

Fun little map! I thought you had me softlocked for a second until I noticed the teleporter right nearby. That could have been rather catastrophic and would have also put an end to my little FDA demo.

I thought I would finally throw my hat in the ring and get something quickly blocked out, something that I might use for a project later on down the line but also because I needed to mentally distract myself.

Takin' No Toll
Editors Used: Ultimate Doom Builder
Custom Textures: no
Build time: 1:00:00 for layout, 7:00 to actually make it possible and playtest it
Download link here

Spoiler for screenshot

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220416_001545.png.c4518912f6d7e98335b8b0594820b13c.png

On 4/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, Athel said:

Takin' No Toll
Editors Used: Ultimate Doom Builder
Custom Textures: no
Build time: 1:00:00 for layout, 7:00 to actually make it possible and playtest it
Download link here

Demo: noisy_takin_no_toll_fda.zip

Took 2 attempts to beat.  Your techbase is a lot more functional than mine here:

Map Name: UAC was on a Tight Techbase Budget so They Hired a B-Lister For 1 Hour

Map Format: Doom 2

Editors Used: Ultimate Doom Builder.

Multiplayer Starts: Yes.

Custom Textures: (none)

Music: (none)

Build time: 1hour, and 10 minutes to add an exit real quick and fix a couple softlocks.
Download: noisy_1hr_2022-04-22_UACWasOnATightTechbaseBudgetSoTheyHiredABListerFor1Hour.zip

Pictures:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Wow, this thread is still going! I'll probably make another speedmap when I get the chance.

Since @Dusty_Rhodes hasn't said anything about that release build, I thought I'd give it a shot. After spending some time compiling and testing the maps, I finally bring you the first megawad of the thread RIGHT HERE. I packed the first 33 maps that have been submitted so far. While I was at it, I made a custom status bar, as well as a titlepic for the wad. I tried to make a M_DOOM sprite too, but since my drawing skills are utter garbage, I gave up pretty quickly.
I've tested the WAD using GZDoom and PRBoom+UM. I've used UMAPINFO, so it requires a port that supports this feature. If anyone finds a problem when trying to run this, please do let me know!

Also, does anyone have an idea what to call these? I went with 1HMP, which stands for 1 Hour Mapping Project (quite unoriginal, I know), but I found it interesting that the acronym was the same as Hurt Me Plenty difficulty. There must be something better to call this.

This isn't complete yet; I haven't managed to write a CREDITS text file, which would include everyone that has made the textures used in the maps, as well as the MIDIs. If someone could help with that, I'd appreciate it.

@jacnowak I don't know if you're still reading posts in this thread, but if you are, maybe you'd want to add this to the main post.

List of maps:

Spoiler

Map01: Pipespeed - Jacnowak
Map02: Graystation - Dynamite Kaitorn
Map03: Film Starring Gregory Peck - Dusty Rhodes
Map04: Server Room - Gibbon
Map05: Rage Rampage - SirPootis
Map06: Wood n' Bone - The Lokk
Map07: One Hour Wedding Cake - SleepyCat
Map08: q - Melemesh
Map09: Lovely Castle - El Inferno
Map10: Way Grimoire - Yumheart
Map11: Demon Decimation - Scrappy Mcdoogerton
Map12: MAP01 - Paf
Map13: Blood Pond - Death Bear
Map14: No Room for Error - Ninth Burn
Map15: Ticket to a Forsaken Place - NinthBurn
Map16: E4M2 2.0 - Paf
Map17: Kaboom Kaverns - Finnks13
Map18: The Matrix 3D: Return to the Chocolate Mines - PasokanDeacon
Map19: Basic Generic Techbase - Paf
Map20: Four Towers - Melemesh
Map21: Rocket Fodder - Anon Space Marine
Map22: Security - BoxY
Map23: Chasmapping! - Walter confetti
Map24: Abandoned Courtyard - Jacnowak
Map25: Unperfect Hatred - Ori
Map26: Foolstonia - PasokonDeacon
Map27: Sheets Like Metal - Dusty Rhodes
Map28: Blood Library - Melemesh
Map29: Water Blitz - AstroX
Map30: The Reactor - TheNerdTurtle2
Map31: Boom Base - RedBoule
Map32: The Serious Encounter - knifeworld
Map33: Agony - Nefelibeta

@PasokonDeacon's Foolstonia was supposed to be MAP26, but I couldn't extract the textures from the PLUTONIA IWAD, because I didn't find them. They're probably using different file names, and since I'm not that experienced with modifying textures lumps, I couldn't get it to work.

Most of the maps appear in the same order as they have been uploaded here, the only exceptions being Nefelibeta's truly agonizing map, as well as my second submission, which has been moved from slot 21 to 15 because of its secret exit.

TL;DR : FIRST RELEASE!!!!

Edited by NinthBurn : updated download link

On 4/22/2022 at 8:52 PM, NoisyVelvet said:

Demo: noisy_takin_no_toll_fda.zip

Took 2 attempts to beat.  Your techbase is a lot more functional than mine here:

Map Name: UAC was on a Tight Techbase Budget so They Hired a B-Lister For 1 Hour

Map Format: Doom 2

Editors Used: Ultimate Doom Builder.

Multiplayer Starts: Yes.

Custom Textures: (none)

Music: (none)

Build time: 1hour, and 10 minutes to add an exit real quick and fix a couple softlocks.
Download: noisy_1hr_2022-04-22_UACWasOnATightTechbaseBudgetSoTheyHiredABListerFor1Hour.zip

Pictures:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Nice revball dodging in the demo and that abstract tight budget base was fun.
Here's a demo zip with a UV speed and a UV max: uwoattbsthablf1h demos.zip

A wild ROCKRED1 map: ILoveRedRockInMyDoom.zip

Name: I Love Red Rocks In My Doom
Format: Doom: Doom 2 / -complevel 2
IWAD: Doom2
Tested in: dsda-doom 0.24.3
Build Time: 1 hour and 4 mins
Difficulty Levels: UV only
Textures: None
COOP: Nope
Deathmatch: Nope
MIDI: Trilemma by Jimmy, from Claustrophobia 1024doom332.png.5087dc24e42c4074f746880cc210505b.png

@NinthBurn Great to see all the maps packaged in a single wad! But I noticed a few errors. The placement of my map (Boom Base) and TheNerdTurtle2's map (The Reactor) are mixed up, map 31 has the same midi as map 32 and map 33 has my map's midi.

5 hours ago, NinthBurn said:

Also, does anyone have an idea what to call these? I went with 1HMP, which stands for 1 Hour Mapping Project (quite unoriginal, I know), but I found it interesting that the acronym was the same as Hurt Me Plenty difficulty. There must be something better to call this.

How about "The One-Hour Experiment"?
"One Hour Left"?
"Doomworld Mini Project"

I think something as simple as "One Hour Mapping", as in "ohm" or Ω, would suit this best and make titlepic creation easier.

@NinthBurn You can also use Jimmy's fixed Plutonia resource pack and Foolstonia will load correctly. The original link for that's down, so here's my copy.

@NinthBurn ah great work dude, sorry I hadn't gotten to it. I was working on a CREDITS lump, so I can send that over in a bit, and I know Yumheart requested their maps be removed so the levels can be developed more. 

21 minutes ago, PasokonDeacon said:

I think something as simple as "One Hour Mapping", as in "ohm" or Ω, would suit this best and make titlepic creation easier.

@NinthBurn You can also use Jimmy's fixed Plutonia resource pack and Foolstonia will load correctly. The original link for that's down, so here's my copy.

Seconding ohm, as I'm an audiophile dork :p

I've updated the WAD file, which includes a CREDITS text file. You can get it here or from the other post I made. Ohm doesn't sound bad, either.

@RedBoule Thanks for pointing that out! Should be fixed now. MAP33 doesn't have a MIDI, and since Nefelibeta didn't provide one, I chose the one that came with your map.

@PasokonDeacon I've successfully extracted the textures from that pack you sent. Your map has been included in the latest version.

4 hours ago, NinthBurn said:

MAP33 doesn't have a MIDI, and since Nefelibeta didn't provide one, I chose the one that came with your map.

Alright that explains it, glad I could help.

16 hours ago, NinthBurn said:

Map01: Pipespeed - Jacnowak
Map02: Graystation - Dynamite Kaitorn
Map03: Film Starring Gregory Peck - Dusty Rhodes
Map04: Server Room - Gibbon
Map05: Rage Rampage - SirPootis
Map06: Wood n' Bone - The Lokk
Map07: One Hour Wedding Cake - SleepyCat
Map08: q - Melemesh
Map09: Lovely Castle - El Inferno
Map10: Way Grimoire - Yumheart
Map11: Demon Decimation - Scrappy Mcdoogerton
Map12: MAP01 - Paf
Map13: Blood Pond - Death Bear
Map14: No Room for Error - Ninth Burn
Map15: Ticket to a Forsaken Place - NinthBurn
Map16: E4M2 2.0 - Paf
Map17: Kaboom Kaverns - Finnks13
Map18: The Matrix 3D: Return to the Chocolate Mines - PasokanDeacon
Map19: Basic Generic Techbase - Paf
Map20: Four Towers - Melemesh
Map21: Rocket Fodder - Anon Space Marine
Map22: Security - BoxY
Map23: Chasmapping! - Walter confetti
Map24: Abandoned Courtyard - Jacnowak
Map25: Unperfect Hatred - Ori
Map26: Foolstonia - PasokonDeacon
Map27: Sheets Like Metal - Dusty Rhodes
Map28: Blood Library - Melemesh
Map29: Water Blitz - AstroX
Map30: The Reactor - TheNerdTurtle2
Map31: Boom Base - RedBoule
Map32: The Serious Encounter - knifeworld
Map33: Agony - Nefelibeta

@PasokonDeacon's Foolstonia was supposed to be MAP26, but I couldn't extract the textures from the PLUTONIA IWAD, because I didn't find them. They're probably using different file names, and since I'm not that experienced with modifying textures lumps, I couldn't get it to work.

Most of the maps appear in the same order as they have been uploaded here, the only exceptions being Nefelibeta's truly agonizing map, as well as my second submission, which has been moved from slot 21 to 15 because of its secret exit.

TL;DR : FIRST RELEASE!!!!

Thanks @NinthBurn for compiling this!

Yes, I'm still reading this thread, I'm just really busy with real life issues at the moment so I didn't really have time to comment anything or even update the list of maps in the main post. I will try to find a moment today and update the OP with an up to date list of maps and link to your compilation.