Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quill

[1.4.1] v64 - Maps with only 64 Vertices

12 hours ago, Revved said:

Is Map 31 supposed to be accessible in a normal playthrough? I checked in Doom Builder, and the exit is supposed to take you to the secret map, and I've even watched playthroughs in ZDoom where they get to map 31 just fine, but whenever I play it in DSDA-Doom 0.21.3, it just takes me to map 16.

Must be an error in the UMAPINFO implementation. No worries. The next version will rectify this. I'm looking for more bugs & issues, so if you have some, don't be hesitant to tell me!

Here's 1.3. 

• Fixed the UMAPINFO so MAP15 goes to MAP31 correctly

While the idgames version is still being processed, you can download it here!

Download 1.3!

In MAP32, why is the exit sector tagged as a secret? You can't actually trigger the secret since the map ends before you can even step on it. Do you just expect speedrunners to do a linedef skip onto it or something?

9 hours ago, Revved said:

In MAP32, why is the exit sector tagged as a secret? You can't actually trigger the secret since the map ends before you can even step on it. Do you just expect speedrunners to do a linedef skip onto it or something?

Because tagging any other sector as secret would ruin the map’s visuals, so i had no other choice but to tag the exit area as secret, hoping it would be reachable. Apparently, it was not.

3 hours ago, %some random internet shkila said:

Because tagging any other sector as secret would ruin the map’s visuals, so i had no other choice but to tag the exit area as secret, hoping it would be reachable. Apparently, it was not.

it's reachable, just annoying lol.

What's the deal with having at least one secret in the map? I wasn't aware it was necessary.

10 minutes ago, Vrhrlv said:

What's the deal with having at least one secret in the map? I wasn't aware it was necessary.

oh it was a silly suggestion i made, although i suggested to put the secret on the starting sector.

in vanilla doom secrets are shown as 0% in the intermission screen even if there are no secrets on the map, so its common for some mappers to tag the first sector as secret to prevent this.

kamasutra does that, and i think hell revealed and cyberdreams too for example.

other sourceports show secrets at 100% if there are no secrets, so this is exclusively a vanilla doom workaround.

Small update. Moved some of the teleporter destinations to prevent Mancubus from getting stuck after teleporting or not teleporting at all

Download

Edited by Pistoolkip

9 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

Small update. Moved some of the teleporter destinations to prevent Mancubus from getting stuck after teleporting or not teleporting at all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oT0wUrme88jC1ZwkuyXZMVcT41vVYVgj/view?usp=sharing

Huh weird. The link directs you to a site called "download" but the link text is the download link. You probably mixed some stuff up.

Side note: Along with the updates for MAP35 and MAP18, I got fixes for MAP21, MAP31, and MAP32.

MAP21 just has texture alignment changes and tweaks to the archvile platform trap
MAP31 fixes a potential medusa effect.
MAP32's secret sector can now be activated without the need for a linedef skip.

1 hour ago, Vrhrlv said:

@dotQLL

In case there will be any further fixes and releases, please consider using this version of my map with tagged secret (no other changes).

v64_travelling_armsman_problem_v2.zip

For some reason the secret sector uses the Boom generalized secret effect instead of the Vanilla secret effect. Just wanted to let you know ;P

And now comes 1.4! This version will also hit the /idgames download shelves soon.

• Moved some of the teleporter destinations in MAP18 to prevent Mancubus from getting stuck after teleporting or not teleporting at all (courtesy of Pistoolkip)
  • Minor update in MAP21, related to texture alignment and lowering the archvile platform
  • Fixed a potential medusa effect in MAP31
  • MAP32 secret sector now less annoying to reach
  • MAP35 updated to have a proper secret sector (courtesy of Vrhrlv)

Download 1.4!

was able to finish this off on version 1.4, even managed to get through saveless and had a good time!  now if you'll excuse me i need to go have some id softserve

edit: should mention the main 2 issues I had.  for blood triangle by @Death Bear I missed that there were keys on the platforms because the mancubi stand right on them, even their corpses hide the key.  also the first key is red which blends in with the corpse's blood, so at point i was looking right at it but didnt notice it.  maybe even make the first key blue to stand out better?  or put it on the edge of a platform where the mancubus isnt directly on it?

major issue i had was the icon of sin fight by @Nikku4211 and the fact it seems to require freelook, at least to be done in any reasonable way.  I didnt read anywhere that this wad required freelook so i spent a while looking around.  even more confusing was the fact that occasionally a monster projectile hit the switch and lowered it, meaning i looked around even longer to try and figure out what i had done. Plus who would guess that the icon of sin was the only place you needed freelook, when its one of the famous levels that BREAKS with freelook? only learned the truth after watching clippy's playthrough.  i would definitely change this level to accommodate auto-aimers because it would be a shame to state this wad is freelook only because of one level.

Edited by sandwedge

3 hours ago, sandwedge said:

major issue i had was the icon of sin fight by @Nikku4211 and the fact it seems to require freelook, at least to be done in any reasonable way.  I didnt read anywhere that this wad required freelook so i spent a while looking around.  even more confusing was the fact that occasionally a monster projectile hit the switch and lowered it, meaning i looked around even longer to try and figure out what i had done. Plus who would guess that the icon of sin was the only place you needed freelook, when its one of the famous levels that BREAKS with freelook? only learned the truth after watching clippy's playthrough.  i would definitely change this level to accommodate auto-aimers because it would be a shame to state this wad is freelook only because of one level.

It actually doesn't require freelook. You have to shoot at an enemy and rely on autoaim.

Still bad level design, I know.

1 minute ago, Nikku4211 said:

It actually doesn't require freelook. You have to shoot at an enemy and rely on autoaim.

Still bad level design, I know.

yeah I wondered about that but that is not something you would ever expect to have to do, that sounds awkward as hell to pull off, and it sounds like you realize that.  i mean it technically also doesn't require freelook if an enemy projectile activates it too but i would definitely label it as freelook required.  would love to see it changed somehow.

13 minutes ago, sandwedge said:

yeah I wondered about that but that is not something you would ever expect to have to do, that sounds awkward as hell to pull off, and it sounds like you realize that.  i mean it technically also doesn't require freelook if an enemy projectile activates it too but i would definitely label it as freelook required.  would love to see it changed somehow.

Honestly I'm feeling pretty sick right now so I'm just going to forfeit my map slots.

I'll let the project lead do what they want with my MIDI music submissions after that.

13 minutes ago, Nikku4211 said:

Honestly I'm feeling pretty sick right now so I'm just going to forfeit my map slots.

I'll let the project lead do what they want with my MIDI music submissions after that.

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon!  Honestly you could just add a switch on the ground level or something, I don't think you need to forfeit your map.  But do whatever feels right for you.

Here's probably the final update. 1.4.1.

This version removes the GLNODES for MAP09 and MAP19, since those seem to be causing issues.

Download 1.4.1!