Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrBlaskovitz

Where do you guys get your Midis?

I'm tired of trying to find decent downloadable Midi versions of music, I have searched and searched but I can't find anything.

What sites do you guys use to find Midis?

(This question is for doom map making purposes)

Thanks in advance! :)

I usually find midis by playing other people's wads. If I hear a midi I like played in a specific wad, then I extract the midi from the wad using SLADE.

Jimmy and Stewboy are my go-to people when it comes to midis, and most of the music in my midi folder is by either musician.

Make them myself. Some Doomers also release their MIDIs for general use.

Very useful compilation of music-related links on this Doomwiki page. My favorite sites to trawl through personally are khinsider, vgmusic, and modarchive, and I also enjoy ripping MIDIs out of WADs that I enjoy and reusing them for my own maps.

msx2plus also showed me themaxproject and soleil musique, which I'm sure others will also be able to get something out of.

6 hours ago, MrBlaskovitz said:

I'm tired of trying to find decent downloadable Midi versions of music, I have searched and searched but I can't find anything.

What sites do you guys use to find Midis?

(This question is for doom map making purposes)

Thanks in advance! :)

I usually create them by grabbing the sheet music from https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ and putting it in Guitar pro 5 or I look for the midis in karaoplay

2 hours ago, Silhouette 03 said:

I usually find midis by playing other people's wads. If I hear a midi I like played in a specific wad, then I extract the midi from the wad using SLADE.

Jimmy and Stewboy are my go-to people when it comes to midis, and most of the music in my midi folder is by either musician.

Psyrus and Arsinikk are two other Doomer composers who have released much of their discography for open use:

I just rip them from wads using slade. If not, i just download a midi from vgmusic or weird midi compilations from gamebanana.

For me. I just use midis from what the community has made and give then credits for there stuff. Remember, always ALWAYS credit the midi artists.

A combination of VGMusic (And also contributed on it), HamiNET, searching on google "Song name + midi" and my own works (Is a cover but made my me, so it counts :P). Also, I rip the midis from the games using VGMTrans, mostly NDS and CPS-2

Just now, Maribo said:

Very useful compilation of music-related links on this Doomwiki page. My favorite sites to trawl through personally are khinsider, vgmusic...

Funny, cuz most of khinsder midis (if not all) are from VGMusic, and some are even outdated versions. :P

i get my midis from different mods and iwads, i remix them to make my own and also add a note that goes (remix of [SONG NAME] from [MOD/IWAD])

Spoiler

feel free to whip me :D

On 8/28/2023 at 3:13 AM, Downcologo one said:

I usually create them by grabbing the sheet music from https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ and putting it in Guitar pro 5 or I look for the midis in karaoplay

This is what I do as well. There's a great amount of contemporary rock/metal there in the form of Guitar Pro tabs and Power Tabs. If people can't find Guitar Pro 5 online I usually tell them to use TuxGuitar for conversion. Great way to expand your MIDI selection for Doom maps!

There was a climax midi pack that I used for my megawad which was a remix of hideout helm of donkey kong 64, but its not here anymore, I wanted to look for that climax midi pack