Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EraserheadBaby

What comedians do you dig on?

7 hours ago, Sonikkumania said:

Never heard of that.

He's a video game reviewer.  He's been around a long time.  The primordial ooze of the internet.  He's very witty and talks fast. He was basically the guy who kept the Escapist alive until the recent unpleasantness.  Here's a link to the new company the workers made after the corporate greed heads chased them all away. 

16 hours ago, Amaruψ said:

FRICK I somehow forgot Brian Blessed. 

To be fair, he's not really thought of as a comedian generally. More... well, he's just a force of nature really heh.

My favorite source of comedy on the internet is dril.

16 hours ago, Amaruψ said:

If we're also talking about YouTube and other associated internet things, then I'd say that I like Stuart Ashen a lot. Earlier videos from Lazy Game Reviews used to have some sort of a dry humor that I quite enjoyed, and I still enjoy it to the fullest.

LGR is awesome, one of my favorite YT channels.

// and a triple tap...

// One to the Head, One to the Gut, And one to the Heart...

// Armor Piercing Rounds in Play!!!!

Edited by LoatharMDPhD

Monty Python, well most of them, Terry Jones wasn't that funny, Kids in the Hall, Eddie Izzard (I bought all of their comedy specials, fantastic work), Rowan Atkinson, Norm MacDonald, Jim Gaffigan, Bod Oedenkirk, David Cross, Dave Chapelle, Ron White was pretty funny, then you go back to people like Lenny Bruce and Andy Kaufman. 

But I think George Carlin was the best standup comedian in the history of standup. I am so damn glad I got to see him live in 2004 with my Dad, and his routine was made all the more prescient because there was a man who was two hundred pounds overweight sitting on my left arm and getting up to get beer every fifteen minutes.

George Carlin, Richard Pryor. If we're counting non-standup, Eric Idle and Woody Allen. Oh, and Adam Sandler. He made a joke about burritos one time. Can you believe that burritos gave him diarrhea? Funniest shit ever.

Currently I don't really listen to much stand up, but my favorite is Kyle Kinane. He's great with his craft. I then like the "alt comedy" stuff like Joe Pera and Connor O'Malley

Historically, Bill Hicks was so damn formative to me that I will always appreciate him, even if a lot of his comedy has not aged well.