Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brullov

[Release] Outpost 13

Absolutely amazing, every bit. I can't wait to see more from you. The secrets are so satisfying

Truly an amazing map! For a first timer it's insanely well done. As close to perfect as anyone might expect! Gonna be keeping an eye on this mapper!

Another big fan of the movie and I haven't played Doom in a while, so I decided to jump right in:

Awesome map. Love the ambience, love the doomcute, the UV difficulty is pretty close to ideal for me when playing in VR. This was a lot of fun.

Died to the baron ambush, mostly because I was distracted by the doomcute. I remember thinking about the ashtray and whether I could use the nightstick that replaces fists in the weapon pack I'm using to play some pool. Usually an early SSG grabs all my attention, but I'm not even sure I noticed it as I walked into it.

One tiny bit of feedback - the vending machine in the pool room needs a blocking linedef too, since right now you can accidentally climb it. See 12:32 in the video

Great map - astonishing visuals, awesome references, great layout flow, and what an atmosphere pulled off with only stock textures.

A custom sky would've been the icing on the proverbial cake imho, but what a map. 10/10.

THats a rockin map. The time taken on making it is very evident. Nice well placed secrets almost everywhere. The only one that surprised was a secret was the plasma rifle; that one got a chuckle out of me since it was the most well hidden and completely random when I found it. Couldnt find the way to the supercharge, but thats alright since it wasnt necessary to complete the map. Very nicely done.

I tend to mostly play more popular maps, but i was bored and decided to give this map a go.
Very happy with the quality and level design. Really solid for a first map.

This is stellar, it’s really the complete package: great atmosphere, compelling gameplay, oodles of cool details, and the the fact that it’s all stock textures gives it a final chef’s kiss.

Been wanting to play for this bit, very glad I did. The shack, the chopper, the Thiokol....they're all here. This was fantastic, full of clever little details, intricate environmental design and some devious traps. Secrets very well implemented. Really evoked the atmosphere of one of my favourite films ever, with a fantastic translation of the setting into Doom. Felt a bit low on health at UV but that only added to the tension, to be honest. The combat was tense without being overwhelming. Nice MIDI too. Great job!

This flew completely under my radar! Amazing atmosphere paired with great combat!

Loved all the small details and environmental interactivity.

Congratulations on such a well done map!

I eagerly await for your future releases! 

Awesome map. I'll admit I have never seen The Thing, so that reference was lost on me. Still, this map is solid on its own. Great amount of Doomcute, while still delivering on the combat side of things.

I'll watch your career with great interest.

What a great level!

The DoomCute is extremely well done, ambiance is one of a kind and I really liked the music you composed for this.

Very very well done!

Though I'm not familiar with the source material, this is a very handsome first map you've put together. Intuitive but for the most part not overly obvious secrets and some really punchy ambushes here. The pair of Barons in the room with the pool table really threw me and almost dealt me a death. Survived that with 9HP. Custom MIDI's very nice as well.

Played on UV, finished the map in 13:34 with 100% kills and 6/10 secrets. I think we'll be watching your mapping career with great interest, though I fear if you try to put together a one man megawad with the aim of having maps as detailed as Outpost 13 here it might never see the light of day.

I had a great time playing this level, thanks for doing it!

I didn't understand any reference because I didnt watch the movie :p, this level has encouraged me to watch it

Really impressive map, I can't believe it's your first map and that it only uses stock textures! I especially like all the little interactive details, though the references are lost on me since my total exposure to The Thing consists of the Pingu parody and the level from Death Wish (for Blood). Somehow the level was balanced just right for me; I finished the map in just over 15 minutes as you estimated, with 3% health remaining (largely thanks to a facerocket on a lost soul). Missed one kill somewhere and a couple secrets, but I can see myself replaying this later to find the rest.