Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fai1025

[DEADLINE REACHED FOR NOW] DOOMIUM II: A Community Project focusing on Short and Frantic Maps (BOOM+UMAPINFO)

4 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

Giving this a follow, seems interesting. Is Doomium 1 already available?

Yes, I'll put the link on it

3 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

What sort of stuff should secret levels be? Should they be pretty gimmicky or can they bend rules about size/difficulty or are they just more levels that are harder to find? Just wondering since that's the type of slot I was considering. 

It should be gimmicky, or something unusually themed, could be a visually corrupted level of some sort, but the greater theme still need to be somewhat related to the episode it belongs to.

Hey, @fai1025, do you need a MIDI for the title, intermission, and text screens? If so, tell me what kind of theme you're looking for, and I can make it. Here some of my work:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SrjUqwFcF79_hlCBShIvBEVR9izZG_8v/view?usp=sharing (unfinished)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uVltHsZo6ukbSso3Oh8BGrQe0tgWJg-r/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WBpuNUwA71yUGJVBR-uuKBPFiyra9Eey/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrUMZjA2IjuARgZI4SQDyIIRwIkhnXKu/view?usp=sharing

If you're not looking for anything, I'd be glad to make MIDIs for mappers here that don't have one.

If nobody cares, then disregard this post. :)

Just a heads-up, Boom has been superseded by MBF21, which has some handy new tools, is backwards-compatible with Boom, and is supported by all the modern UMAPINFO-supporting ports, so it's a direct upgrade that's easy to slot in. I'd suggest switching to that rather than target an out-of-date featureset.

32 minutes ago, Xaser said:

Just a heads-up, Boom has been superseded by MBF21, which has some handy new tools, is backwards-compatible with Boom, and is supported by all the modern UMAPINFO-supporting ports, so it's a direct upgrade that's easy to slot in. I'd suggest switching to that rather than target an out-of-date featureset.

I'm not doing some advance monster or weapon modification, so I don't need MBF for now.

The standard also includes new linedef/sector types (see the top of the linked page), including fixed linedef scrollers and some super-useful linedef flags ("block players" and "block land monsters" are super-useful in a pinch). It's worth making these features available for mappers to use, since they're already there in the target ports.

I thought about it, I appreciate the suggestion, I know it's more advance than Boom and some handy feature, but I'm trying to minimalise the confusion and miscommunication for me and for people that already started on their map, so we are still gonna to stick to Boom +UMAPINFO

ATTENTION!!!

if your map is placed at the second to fourth slot in your episode, one of you'll have to volunteers to have a secret exit in your level, one per episode. 

PLEASE ANSWER, AS IF YOU DON'T I'LL RANDOMLY ASSIGN ONE AND THAT MIGHT SERIOUSLY FUCK UP YOUR MAP

14 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

ATTENTION!!!

if your map is placed at the second to fourth slot in your episode, one of you'll have to volunteers to have a secret exit in your level

Would that be the second or third slot in an episode?

So I'm brainstorming my secret map and another question has occurred to me. The maps being gimmicky, am I allowed to add textures for the purpose of gimmick or if I should develop my gimmick within what is available in otex? 

Since i got map 11 for the third episode if no one wants to take the secret exit for there map, i can throw it in mine if need be, i'm only like 3% done i have started on it and also if need be to make things easier i can switch slots with someone in ep 3 to make sure the secret level exit is in it. 

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Would that be the second or third slot in an episode?

like map02 to map04 can have secret exit, your map is in that range, you wanna put secret exit in your map?

19 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Since i got map 11 for the third episode if no one wants to take the secret exit for there map, i can throw it in mine if need be, i'm only like 3% done i have started on it and also if need be to make things easier i can switch slots with someone in ep 3 to make sure the secret level exit is in it. 

so you wanna switch map slot to map12?

3 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

so you wanna switch map slot to map12?

If Sliverminer is ok with that yes but if sliver still wants slot 12 i can add a secret exit if need be. It's really up to the people in the episode 3 slot to be honest

alright, let's swap slots

8 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

If Sliverminer is ok with that yes but if sliver still wants slot 12 i can add a secret exit if need be. It's really up to the people in the episode 3 slot to be honest

22 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

like map02 to map04 can have secret exit, your map is in that range, you wanna put secret exit in your map?

Sure. How hard do you want finding the secret exit to be? After all, sometimes it's nice to make it easy, so more players get to find it, but I can make it more difficult if you want me to.

6 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Sure. How hard do you want finding the secret exit to be? After all, sometimes it's nice to make it easy, so more players get to find it, but I can make it more difficult if you want me to.

maybe like Doom1 level of difficulty to find it