49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a geek?

• Yes
    • No
    • My friends consider me geeky
    • I am somewhat geeky
    • Impse

Alientank said:

I am really into computers and am taking a networking course in college and that but I don't think I qualify as one, as I ride sportbikes, have a very beautiful/smart girlfriend, play sports, have a good paying job as well as a few other things at the age of 19. How bout you?

You are a fucking geek now shut up.

BTW 5.52268% - poser.

3.35306% - Poser

yeah, thats true.. just ask Auntie Francis!

I'm a geek. I play doom, is good with computers, play Magic Cards, but is still interested in being accepted and likes girls and such. Nerds, in my opinion are suck-ups, and don't want acceptance or socaility, they just want to be isolated. I'm not very popular, but I have friends, which is good enough for me.

pritch said:

You are a fucking geek now shut up.

I am not a geek, but I am into computers and that. Actually, guess that makes me somewhat geeky

Alientank said:

I am not a geek, but I am into computers and that. Actually, guess that makes me somewhat geeky

dude, you've made 700+ posts on a forum for a game that's nearly 10 years old. face it, you're a geek :P

sargebaldy said:

dude, you've made 700+ posts on a forum for a game that's nearly 10 years old. face it, you're a geek :P

Actually I was attracted here in light of Doom 3 but I've grown to love Doom 1 and 2 because of this board.

7.69231% - Poser

Well, even though I played D&D for years and while I filled in the boxes honestly the damned thing called me a poser!

Maybe your geekiness is of such a refined and extreme form that this questionnaire simply wasn't equipped to detect it. I mean, you read ancient Greek philosophy for fun, don't you?

45.36489% - i'm a goddamned SUPER GEEK.

Grazza said:
I mean, you read ancient Greek philosophy for fun, don't you?

Well, I like reading ancient philosophy, though that has to do with my university career also. One thing that I found was odd is that knowing latin counted as a point, but (hellenic) greek didn't. But then again, DOOM or FPSs didn't show up directly either.

Fodders: ROFL

Erik said:

16.96252% - Geek

If I had taken this test 5 years ago, brr...

Yeah, same here. I probably would have got a 40% or so. o_O

Fodders: Heard that one before as Amish. I'm guessing this Irish one is the invention of the English... *puts on his Irish pride hat and kicks some ass*

Let's see about this geek test...

I HAVE...
Done homework for somebody else.
Written fiction (I just checked one cause I have no idea which of anything I write falls under).

I HAVE BEEN...
In "smart" classes.

I HAVE (2)...
Waited in line 2+ hours for tickets (not movies, when PNC Park first opened I waited for about 3 hours to get tickets to the first ever game)

I HAVE READ...
Robert Heinlein
books based on Star Wars (I was a Star Wars junkie when I was like 10)
Graphic novels

I WANT...
More computers
Amidala

I HAVE SEEN (2+ times)...
Any Monty Python Movie
Princess Bride
Spaceballs
Star Wars Trilogy
Star Wars I and II

I OWN...
1 or 2 computers
several maps and globes
a full set of encyclopedias
2+ dictionaries
2+ calculators
magnifying glass
laser pointer
(who doesn't own any of this shit???)

I LIKE TO PLAY...
Music that no one else listens to, ever (Mark Klem)
Fantasy baseball
Games via the internet (I guess ZDaemon counts, even though I haven't played that in like 6 months)

I HAVE (3)...
Beta tested games (Doom add-ons count I suppose)
Used usenet or IRC
created a website

I KNOW...
1337 sp33k
what e=mc^2 means
who H.P. Lovecraft is
the difference between speed and velocity
what RAM and ROM mean
what the blue screen of death means

6.50888% - Poser

Archvile46 said:

Heh, I must have spent about 8 of the last 48 hours listening to Mark Klem's stuff.

When I ticked the box for "Music that no one else listens to, ever" I had in mind listening to HR2.WAD (and a few other wads and lmps) using ModPlug Player.

Grazza said:

Heh, I must have spent about 8 of the last 48 hours listening to Mark Klem's stuff.

Heh, well I knew at least a couple other people from here were Klem fans...I was talking about everyone I know in real life.

Do you have any of his CDs, or did you just download stuff?

10.25641% - Geekish Tendencies
thats weak.
If I was geekier, I might find the time to finish off the last goddamn 2 levels of my project.

Alientank said:

EXACTLY! You're only fooling yourself... :P

Archvile46 said:

Do you have any of his CDs, or did you just download stuff?

No, just stuff downloaded off his site.

Archvile46 said:

If I had to list all the bands I listen to that no one else does, it would be about a page long. I'm that guy who knows all the wicked underground bands and everyone goes to for new music. Most people know I got most of it from my old friend Erik, but they all find him rather creepy. Yeah anyway, I'll put on a CD and someone will be like 'Holy crap, what is this? This is like wild!" "Dude, its just KMFDM". I swear, some people are too sheltered.

the_Danarchist said:

If I had to list all the bands I listen to that no one else does, it would be about a page long. I'm that guy who knows all the wicked underground bands and everyone goes to for new music. Most people know I got most of it from my old friend Erik, but they all find him rather creepy. Yeah anyway, I'll put on a CD and someone will be like 'Holy crap, what is this? This is like wild!" "Dude, its just KMFDM". I swear, some people are too sheltered.

KMFDM is "underground"?

if you take part in and/or read discussions on a web site devoted to a game that is nearly 10 years old you are a geek.

DON'T TRY AND DENY IT!!

edit: 26.42998% - Total Geek