Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Hardest game worth playing...

Epyo said:

Rocket Knight Adventures for Genesis on Very Hard mode.

0 continues, 0 lives, 1 hit point. You get hit once through the whole game and you're done! But that is one awesome game on the beatable difficulties.

Hey I was gonna mention this one! I got to the last boss and failed over and over, it just wouldn't end. This was on Hard mode. Fucking nasty game sometimes.

Another hard one is Bangai-O on Dreamcast. Things get so fucking chaotic in that game! I know several other tough games but just can't think of them.

Hey I didn't know you played Diablo 2 still Arioch, we should play sometime.

Torn said:

Shadow warrior for the nes

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHADOW WARRIOR is a computer game by 3D realms. I looked through the entire collection ever made for any nintendo games. We have got no SHADOW WARRIOR'S on Shigeru's popular company. I should Know this. I live in japan. BTW Hardest game to me is probably HALO on LEGENDARY. funny ending on legendary.

MANGA GIRL MARCHELLE said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHADOW WARRIOR is a computer game by 3D realms. I looked through the entire collection ever made for any nintendo games. We have got no SHADOW WARRIOR'S on Shigeru's popular company. I should Know this. I live in japan. BTW Hardest game to me is probably HALO on LEGENDARY. funny ending on legendary.

Actually, Shadow Warrior is another name for Ninja Gaiden in PAL regions. And honto nihon ni sundeimasuka?

Cyb said:

the end boss is hard in that game

"Doc, I feel like I'm standing before the portals of heaven/hell"
"Don't worry... I get ya through."

Job said:

Oh, the Contra series.

Love that series, I remember the first NES contra owning me when I was kid, even with the 30 lives code; nowadays that, super C, and contra 3 are a breeze though. I hear the most recent contra was pretty hard, but I've never played it, so I can't comment.

Contra Hard Corps seemed like a different kind of "hard" compared to the other contras. It was more like the kind seen in Battletoads where the first time through the stages, you're almost guaranteed to die. You have to remember exactly what killed you and understand the patterns of the enemies to make it through without getting swept of your lives on one boss (the game was also almost all mini-bosses, a contributing factor to that idea).

Speaking of Battletoads, that was another contender. I think the farthest I got was the second-to-last stage where you're outrunning that giant orb. I could never do it.

With the talk of System Shock 2 going on, I decided to go back and play it again. Even on easy (I first played in on impossible) and knowing (somewhat) where things were, I still find it to be a very frightening game. I wish they would make another one...

EllipsusD said:

With the talk of System Shock 2 going on, I decided to go back and play it again. Even on easy (I first played in on impossible) and knowing (somewhat) where things were, I still find it to be a very frightening game. I wish they would make another one...

Same here. Funnily enough, I think the Doom3 engine would be very suited to System Shock2 style gameplay and environments.

your song is not ours...

Man, system shock 2 kicks ass. Difficult, oh yeah...I remember searching for hours, looking for a log that had a secirity code on it, in one of the cargo bays...having those procol droids blow up all around me...

Im going to go install it again

Quast said:
Man, system shock 2 kicks ass. Difficult, oh yeah...I remember searching for hours, looking for a log that had a secirity code on it, in one of the cargo bays...having those procol droids blow up all around me...

Actually, that's the part I just finished (well, turning on the main engine to be exact). What sucks for me is that I have my points in strength, endurance, hacking, and research... which makes it difficult to fight the robots (they all explode in your face). Oh well... it's still a lot of fun.

TeamKill said:

Hmm... Ranger X was always pretty hard but I did eventually finish it.
The hardest game worth playing, though...I'd have to say Super Real Mahjongg on the NGPC. ;)

so, we meet again Mr. TeamKill....

oh god i LOVED Ranger X! had it on this thing called the ‘Sega Channel‘ it was hooked up thru the cable and every month the cable company had full Genesis game to download tho the game was gone as soon as I turn of the Genesis.. my friend and I would play any and all games they had, even a game on for a few days incase they didn’t have it next month lol tho I never bead Ranger X or got very far :(

Super Mario Bros. 3 on the nes is my fave Mario game tho I could never beat it.. maybe ONCE I cant remember

Max Payne 1 was tough as hell at the end for me
Max Payne 2 is getting pretty head now..

I haven’t reallllly played lots of games and I’ve beaten less.. one day when im retired (after school and after I find a job) I’ll have a LOT of catching up to do

oh god i LOVED Ranger X! had it on this thing called the ‘Sega Channel‘ it was hooked up thru the cable and every month the cable company had full Genesis game to download tho the game was gone as soon as I turn of the Genesis.. my friend and I would play any and all games they had, even a game on for a few days incase they didn’t have it next month lol tho I never bead Ranger X or got very far :(

Shit, I remember that thing. Damn.

Hardest game ive evered play: Counter-Strike
Hardest game im still playing: Counter-Strike

:D

But a hard game is Halo on legendary, and no one call me a noob at it cuz im not i just progress slow <.<

Hirogen2 said:

"Doc, I feel like I'm standing before the portals of heaven/hell"
"Don't worry... I get ya through."

Heh...I was watching this thing about Heaven and Hell on the History Channel yesterday, and this one minister warned that when the voices are telling you to head towards the light, those might be fallen angels trying to trick you. o_O

If you're frightened of dyin' and you're holding on...
You'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace,
Then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth...

Very hard. It took me days of near constant playing to finally beat that.

What about Metal Gear Solid on Very Hard? One of the best games worth playing, and also very very difficult.

Squinx

I've never been past level 47. It looks easy but it's all a lie.

The game became much easier when I realized you could put blocks UNDER other blocks, but some of the levels are still damn hard.

Level 47: