• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Udderdude

Mushihimesama Futari Final Boss - Ultra Mode

That is absolutely insane.

edit: wait it has two forms? DDDDD:

edit2: good god three forms?

Yeah that's one of my favorite videos soly because of the pure bullet insanity. I would play the Doom equivalent of that...or maybe not...

caco_killer said:

How the heck do you figure out how to dodge the bullets? That's just insane.

It helps if you know the size of your ship's hitbox (which is usually smaller than your ship).

DeumReaper said:

I would play the Doom equivalent of that...or maybe not...

Unless you reduced the Doomguy's hit area to 1 pixel, you'd have a bit of a problem :P

Bucket said:

It helps if you know the size of your ship's hitbox (which is usually smaller than your ship).

I've heard some things about hitboxes in shumps like that. I've never actually tried those games myself, though.

That could be one of those games where you go "up and down" as well as the usual side to side. So some of the projectiles you might be able to just fly over or under. Even so, if that were true, the complexity of knowing where to go at every single moment is rather extreme.

BoldEnglishman said:

That could be one of those games where you go "up and down" as well as the usual side to side. So some of the projectiles you might be able to just fly over or under. Even so, if that were true, the complexity of knowing where to go at every single moment is rather extreme.

Nope. There is no 3d plane to escape to. Although the player's hitbox is 1 pixel in size ;P

That final boss must be made of bullets!! Would explain why each new form is smaller.

BTW - a 1 pixel hitbox wouldn't help if you were faced with this (to bad there's no sound).

EDIT - <slap=forehead> I had my speakers switched off! </slap> >O

udderdude, it's true that the hitbox is one pixel in this game, but I don't think he meant 3d, probably just up and down on the screen to make it 2d instead of 1d movement (like some shmups have).

And GreyGhost, I heard audio on the video. Check your speaker connections. :p

And to everyone else, Google "ygs2000" for a simulator of the bosses in that game. It's <1MB and c++ source is included, tho the comments are in Japanese ...

Well that makes sense. When I watched it I though "Damn, he's getting hit quite a few times and not dying". But if the hitbox is only one pixel then it makes sense. Still, it would take a fair amount of skill and practice to know where to dodge. Hell, I still can't make it past the last boss in R-Type 3. I love those type of games, but I still hate them with a passion.

I just downloaded Smash TV on xbox live last night. I'm starting to remember why I constantly threw my snes controller at the floor.

Jello said:
Well that makes sense. When I watched it I though "Damn, he's getting hit quite a few times and not dying". But if the hitbox is only one pixel then it makes sense. Still, it would take a fair amount of skill and practice to know where to dodge.

One big factor is that if the bullets are in the same exact area each time you play. When I was watching a couple of videos on the PS2 version, they said that the bullets are in the same place, turning it into a memorize-the pattern game, while this arcade version (this video) it has the same pattern, but the actual locations deviate, forcing some improvised reflexes. Of course it could be just youtube commentator's bs.

That is one clusterfuck of ammunition. Do the game makers purposely make the hitbocks (the key for the letter I want is broken) that small?

Yes, otherwise you couldn't dodge the bullets. If the hitbox was the entire craft, bullet hell games would be impossible. Often the hitbox is in the center, say the cockpit of a ship. The size of the hitbox probably varies from game to game.