Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

The Doom Alphabet Game

GreyGhost said:

@Kotzugi - "j4rio" is likely to be challenged.

Meh. If our well-known speed runners aren't Doom related, what is?

Mancubii rockets

Kotzugi said:

Mancubii

Mancubii would be the Latin plural of "Mancubius" if it were a second declension masculine noun.

Instead, we have "mancubus" (which in these same conditions would pluralize in "mancubi" with only one 'i') and it's a made-up word so its Latin status is undetermined. Let's just keep to "mancubuses".

Kotzugi said:

Meh. If our well-known speed runners aren't Doom related, what is?

Since Savagegrant has the final say, I'll drop the subject.

Mancubii rockets

No such thing, they're mancubus fireballs.

Opening to Hell (Map30 music)

Gez said:

Mancubii would be the Latin plural of "Mancubius" if it were a second declension masculine noun.

Instead, we have "mancubus" (which in these same conditions would pluralize in "mancubi" with only one 'i') and it's a made-up word so its Latin status is undetermined. Let's just keep to "mancubuses".

Thanks for the lesson, but I don't think the majority of people who write "mancubii" know or care about Latin so I'll just go with what the consensus is and be done with it.

GreyGhost said:

Since Savagegrant has the final say, I'll drop the subject.
No such thing, they're mancubus fireballs.

Opening to Hell (Map30 music)

If you say so, but they certainly look like flaming rockets (very different from imp fireballs for example).

Pain Elementalii (just a little joke)

Doom X

The first time I posted the letter happened to be Q, this time I rock up and it's X. You're welcome. :D

It's a shame that KiiiYiiiKiiiA's X word/term is invalid, therefore you will have to come up with an X word/term instead GreyGhost (no, just kidding) ;)

Z_Malloc error