• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Brutal Doom v20 released

Gustavo6046 said:

I am brazilian too...
Why Doomers hate Brazilians?

Hate? I don't hate people from what country they are from, i respect them and besides it's not a matter if you are Brazilian or what other nacionality you are.

Probably I messed up SergeantMarkIV's fate in a forums far, far away with the nationality that coincides. Sorry for anything.

Zed said:

Doomworld hates Samba.

Me too!

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

BLOOD3 is likely never placed, and I left it in case the mapper wants an area with blood not have glow.

I would still put it in for completionist purposes, I know I would because you'll never know some oddball map might use it.

psyren777 said:

Thank you for the list, Sergeant_Mark_IV, and for your marvelous mod. (Old stuff to you regulars, but I just discovered it!) Everything is beautiful with the GL glow, but it was CEIL3_3 that made me wonder. Using as an upper texture for decorative alcoves, I thought something was wrong, since none of the other non-lighting, non-animated flats seemed to glow.

So then, I can use this GLDEFS lump to edit which flats glow in Brutal Doom v20, without changing anything else in the mod?

CEIL3_3 has a glow because it's constantly used with CEIL3_4 (a lamp texture).

You can add new glowing flats in a separated wad and load it in your skins folder, but I think removing an already existing glow without editing BD is impossible.

Glaice said:

I would still put it in for completionist purposes, I know I would because you'll never know some oddball map might use it.

I removed it by request of Das_M. He asked me to make a blood flat that doesn't has glows when he wanted to make dark blood dungeons without it lightning everything up. And I personally never encountered any IWAD or PWAD map that uses BLOOD3. I think this is very anti-intuitive, and I can't imagine many reasons to use it. Not even myself could place a flat like FWATER2 or BLOOD3 on Doombuilder without triggering an obsessive compulsive disorder.

minigunner said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85393552/Images/brutalBFG.gif
Is there an explanation for this? The BFG has gotten smaller every few releases or so.

A matter of perspective. The Vanilla BFG aims way too much above the center of the screen, and using the whole Vanilla sprite makes it look like it's aiming at the ceiling. Across the versions, I adjusted it's perspective to be more aimed at the center of the screen while being able to show the previously hidden parts.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Did it ever happen ?

Was meant to happen on v20, but will happen on v20b. Also the megawad is not a part of Brutal Doom itself, but a separated download file, that can run both with or without Brutal Doom. The file to be released which is a "proto-Extermination Day Demo" will be more focused on BD compatibility, and functionality without BD or other mods will be in a total "as it is" state. But when I actually release Extermination Day itself, it will have better compatibility with everything else.

Wil Brutal Doom allow for monsters to USE sidedefs with actions? Like, they press USE at a switch that lower a lift?

Will you be replacing the unauthorized BtSX assets in the final release?

Gustavo6046 said:

Wil Brutal Doom allow for monsters to USE sidedefs with actions? Like, they press USE at a switch that lower a lift?

This kind of function should be set on maps. Giving the monsters universal ability to operate lifts may break maps in many ways. If the map author didn't wanted a monster to use lifts, it better stay that way.

dew said:

Will you be replacing the unauthorized BtSX assets in the final release?

what?

SavageCorona said:

What assets? I haven't noticed any.

I don't know who you are and I didn't expect you to anyways.

These two are from BtSX, not sure if more.

Blood, slime and water glowing looked stupid to begin with anyways but I can understand for lava and nukage.