Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is heavily discounted for a limited time on Steam!

No, I am not shitting you. From what I can tell it's to advertise Frictional Games' upcoming title SOMA, so get in while you can!

EDIT: It's over. It's still heavily discounted at the moment though, so I'd still recommend you grab it.

ah already got it years ago on a steam sale. Probably most people have but that's pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know mate.

Saw this when I logged on earlier and thought it was like a free weekend, but apparently it is just a give away. I knew a guy really into this game so I better give it a try. I don't mind being spooked.

I'm happy for the people that don't have it, but its been in multiple cheap bundles. I played it. Felt like Shadowgate without being a point and click adventure. I don't see the whole awesome game that the rest of the Steam community sees. I just found it really dull, but that's just me.

Steam has a few free games here and there for whatever reason other than its constant free weekends of games like Payday 2, Saints Row 4 and X-Com.

Sweet. I found it strange that my old laptop could run Doom 3 better than Amnesia, though, heh. I just acquired an OKAY desktop rig so I might be able to play some pre-modern games at least. I'm hoping for zero lag in Civilization 5: BNW, fingers crossed.

I told my friends of this as I already own this and pre-bought SOMA as well.

Thanks! Probably won't work properly if at all on my laptop, given that Doom 3 glitches out, but we'll see I guess.
and even if it does, I'll probably end up scaring myself and quitting after 10 minutes like I usually do with stuff like this, but hey, it's free :P

Got it and played a little but it didn't hold my interest for long. I guess I'm just too jaded from games right now.

Avoozl said:

Got it and played a little but it didn't hold my interest for long. I guess I'm just too jaded from games right now.

I could never get into these games either. I respect the respect people have for them, but they're just not my thing.

I played this about a year ago and got bored of it pretty fast. I thought Doom 3 worked much better as both a first person horror game AND doubled as a first person action game as well. Although since it's free I may as well try it again. This time in complete darkness all alone with headphones. Although I'm still not optimistic.

RUSH said:

I played this about a year ago and got bored of it pretty fast. I thought Doom 3 worked much better as both a first person horror game AND doubled as a first person action game as well. Although since it's free I may as well try it again. This time in complete darkness all alone with headphones. Although I'm still not optimistic.

Agreed, I mean. The game looks good, but... It seems a bit boring, eh. I still think Outlast Is a good horror game, sort of beats Amnesia.

Wtf you people aren't playing this game in the dark with headphones. Don't try to be posers in this thread yo, it was an amazing independent studio game for its time

TheCupboard said:

Wtf you people aren't playing this game in the dark with headphones. Don't try to be posers in this thread yo, it was an amazing independent studio game for its time

Yeah, I never gived It a try, so I'll HAVE to give It a chance. Though, I did watch YouTube videos (without commentary) and I didn't get scared. I think the ONE game that'll scare me the most would be Outlast. There's literally moments when a monster will run after you, and oh lord. It's terrifying and It's like you're really running from a fucked up monster and Insane murderer. It's awesome.

TheCupboard said:

Wtf you people aren't playing this game in the dark with headphones.

Did that. There are some well-crafted creepy moments, but the game falls short on so many other levels. I'm scrambling for more constructive ways of saying "I think it's boring", but that's ultimately what I want to say here.

Though I'm looking forward to SOMA. Maybe the whole concept of killer robots is more appealing to my personal tastes, thereby making it something I can learn to love, I don't know.