Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Smallest deathmatch level?

Recommended Posts

MAP12 of 2dmmaps.wad... which is obviously the joke level.

Among the conventional deathmatch levels, I vote for MAP15 of UniDoom 3. Yes, its overall size exceeds 1000 x 1000 units. But I think it's one of the best DM levels with a tiny area.

Share this post


Link to post

map01 of shoot!.wad, obviously. an extremely serious (and taken extremely seriously) map to see who has the best ssg swingshot

Share this post


Link to post

Surprisingly, shoot! is only a wee bit smaller than judas23_.

And what, so swingshots are considered real nowadays? Has anyone ever explained that?

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

Surprisingly, shoot! is only a wee bit smaller than judas23_.

And what, so swingshots are considered real nowadays? Has anyone ever explained that?

yea so the deal is, and it only applies to players, when you swing fast enough, you don't see the pellets/puffs, so by some strange bug they don't spread that's why it's so effective

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if 1024x1024 is actually enough for a DM map ... that's several times larger vertically and makes liberal use of 3D floors and ways for the players to travel vertically.

Might be less ambiguous if made for a mod that actually allows the players to fly. Could also be amusing if you took the concept and flipped it on its side, so you'd have like a 4096x1024x1024 map.

Share this post


Link to post

Checking back at some scraps I did, I have actually made a 1344x1344 deathmatch map. Granted, it's a gimmick map based around plasma rifle spamming, but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Arctangent said:

I wonder if 1024x1024 is actually enough for a DM map ... that's several times larger vertically and makes liberal use of 3D floors and ways for the players to travel vertically.

Might be less ambiguous if made for a mod that actually allows the players to fly. Could also be amusing if you took the concept and flipped it on its side, so you'd have like a 4096x1024x1024 map.


What are some of the most vertical maps, deathmatch or otherwise, that anyone has ever played? There was a Japanese themed one in congestion 1024.

Share this post


Link to post
invictius said:

What are some of the most vertical maps, deathmatch or otherwise, that anyone has ever played? There was a Japanese themed one in congestion 1024.

As far as I know, the maximum sector height is 32767 units. masterjumps9y (or 11), a rocket jumping mapset for ZDaemon, particularly map09, has sectors that tall. Interestingly enough, touching the ceiling there makes Zdaemon trigger the wrap-around bug and you reappear at the floor level, blasting off upwards with retained momentum. This doesn't seem to work in vanilla.

Share this post


Link to post
dew said:

As far as I know, the maximum sector height is 32767 units. masterjumps9y (or 11), a rocket jumping mapset for ZDaemon, particularly map09, has sectors that tall. Interestingly enough, touching the ceiling there makes Zdaemon trigger the wrap-around bug and you reappear at the floor level, blasting off upwards with retained momentum. This doesn't seem to work in vanilla.


Anything that's meant to be played without rocketjumping or other trickery?

Share this post


Link to post
invictius said:

Anything that's meant to be played without rocketjumping or other trickery?


theres some good vertical ctf maps in veloctf

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×